9%

Total votes: 90
Basingstoke Royal

Shorey or Ingi

by Basingstoke Royal » 17 Apr 2007 10:38

Who deserves it more????

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 17 Apr 2007 10:43

I find neither that attractive.. Now Stephen Hunt with the Rambo hair... Phwoar....

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Slinky » 17 Apr 2007 10:43

my vote will go to Hunt

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 17 Apr 2007 10:43

:lol:

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 17 Apr 2007 11:14

Hunty for me...he opitimises everything which is Reading FC...Spirit, apptitiude, application, never say die attitude, energy, good honest hardworking player and not some hyped up overpaid ego tripping so and so!!! (mentioning no names)...

The whole team have been awesome all season, but for me Hunty has shone above the rest..given he was written off long before the season had started...

aaronrfc

by aaronrfc » 17 Apr 2007 11:15

ingi. which is a shame cos iv always been a shorey fan

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 17 Apr 2007 11:24

Hunt player of the year = LOL

Ingimarsson, Shorey, Sidwell.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Apr 2007 11:27

Ingimarsson - didn't think he'd be able to make the step up but have been proved wrong yet again by Mr Dependable.

Again, anyone putting Hunt anywhere near a player of the year award is having a laugh - effort yes, genuine class no.

irishroyal81

by irishroyal81 » 17 Apr 2007 11:37

Royalee Ingimarsson - didn't think he'd be able to make the step up but have been proved wrong yet again by Mr Dependable.

Again, anyone putting Hunt anywhere near a player of the year award is having a laugh - effort yes, genuine class no.

I vote hunt too. What more does he have to do to prove he has genuine class??!! I think your having a laugh by disregarding his level of performances this year.

I base my decision on if the person was not in the team how would we have got on. On this basis I believe Hunt gave us balance, effort, skill, broke down attacks and summed up Reading Fc.

Tinrib

by Tinrib » 17 Apr 2007 11:55

irishroyal81
Royalee Ingimarsson - didn't think he'd be able to make the step up but have been proved wrong yet again by Mr Dependable.

I vote hunt too. What more does he have to do to prove he has genuine class??!! I think your having a laugh by disregarding his level of performances this year.

I base my decision on if the person was not in the team how would we have got on. On this basis I believe Hunt gave us balance, effort, skill, broke down attacks and summed up Reading Fc.

Nothing to do with regional allegiances then?

irishroyal81

by irishroyal81 » 17 Apr 2007 12:07

biased?? me?? never!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Apr 2007 12:17

irishroyal81

In order to prove his class, he might have to score sitters missed at Eastlands and The Valley, along with actually putting more than one cross into the box per game, given that he is a winger after all.

There's no doubting his effort, but effort is not always a direct reflection on overall performance.

irishroyal81

by irishroyal81 » 17 Apr 2007 12:23

Royalee
irishroyal81

In order to prove his class, he might have to score sitters missed at Eastlands and The Valley, along with actually putting more than one cross into the box per game, given that he is a winger after all.

There's no doubting his effort, but effort is not always a direct reflection on overall performance.

I dont believe goal scoring to be the only level of whether a player is class or not. the general consenus here is that Glenn Little is class but yet has not scored this season.

I view Hunty as class as he gets himself into positions that other wingers do now. Sure enough he should have more goals this season (even though you could nearly credit the Goodison goal to him) I believe its his eagerness to get to the back post that gives him that extra edge. If the right winger attacked the back post like hunty does, hunty would have a lot more assists (does that make sense?!)

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Apr 2007 13:33

irishroyal81
Royalee
irishroyal81

I dont believe goal scoring to be the only level of whether a player is class or not. the general consenus here is that Glenn Little is class but yet has not scored this season.

I view Hunty as class as he gets himself into positions that other wingers do now. Sure enough he should have more goals this season (even though you could nearly credit the Goodison goal to him) I believe its his eagerness to get to the back post that gives him that extra edge. If the right winger attacked the back post like hunty does, hunty would have a lot more assists (does that make sense?!)

No, because Hunt never manages to get crosses in to our centre forwards as it is, let alone anyone else.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 17 Apr 2007 14:19

Ingimarsson without a doubt, closely followed by Shorey.

If he'd played more this season then i have a feeling it would have been Gunnarsson though, the bloke for me is a genius, and shows what Reading Fc is all about, not Hunt as some have said.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 17 Apr 2007 14:20

Hunty should be on the podium for his up and at em tenaciousness.Ingi first on my team sheet however.Reads the game so well.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 17 Apr 2007 14:22

Ivar has is my player of the season.. hes the only Player to have played every second of the season so far and he has been a constant calming figure in defence

lovetoscore

by lovetoscore » 18 Apr 2007 14:20

Yep-Ivar has been class this season but Shorey has done well

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 18 Apr 2007 16:15

Where is the obviously needed 'Both' option :wink:

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 19 Apr 2007 08:16

1871 Royal Where is the obviously needed 'Both' option :wink:

Now that's an interesting thought!