Back from the game

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 22 Apr 2007 18:30

Where was Diouff's "basic humanity" in beating up his wife??

I gave the oxf*rd all the abuse I could as he was led in front of us, and NEVER has anyone as nasty and as odious as that little creep deserved it. I'm only sad that it was just a hamstring and not a cruciate; its what he deserves.

As for the game; a fantastic result, but that does NOT equate to a fantastic performance. Too many players didn't have good games today, and if it wasn't for Marcus Bolton would have been out of sight before half-time.

We have to learn to be as cute as teams like Bolton, Fulham, Pompey etc; as soon as their players feel the merest of contact, down they go as if shot by a sniper; on at least 3 occasions yesterday, similar situations with Reading players (De La, Kits and Doyle) had our player trying to carry on rather than falling to the ground in a theatrical manner, and Webb not giving a free kick.

Thanks for the 6 points Bolton, and take your crappy Route 1 ugly ugly football away for another season.

Cookie

by Cookie » 22 Apr 2007 18:30

Northern Git Well I hope you lot who went and the team are ashamed of yourselves. Your behaviour towards that paragon of virtue Diouf was disgraceful. The physical approach that Reading adopted to the graceful, one touch passing, football team that is Bolton was appalling. The tender souls of Bolton are not happy with you lot. Me? Never been so proud to be a Royal!

From the Boltonbanter site

Just got back from the game. Absolutely fuming with quite a few things:

1) I can accept being beaten by a better team (ie Man Utd took us apart) but Reading were plainly and simply AWFUL. Certainly worse than Watfords display at the Reebok to put it in perspective and for the vast majority of the game they were simply trying to contain our attacks and hope for a draw.

2) The referee (Howard Webb) and linesmen. - Awful performance throughout and particularly bad in the first half. Missed foul after foul on our players (esp Davies) and gifted Reading with free kicks that were nothing. The worst decisions however

- Nolan was poleaxed just before the half time break with an absolutely ATROCIOUS challenge (in many people's books a straight red but certainly a yellow). What did he do? He blew for half time and led the players off the pitch with hardly a backward glance at Nolan who still needed urgent medical attention and had to be helped off the pitch!

- 2nd Goal - Clearly (and I do mean CLEARLY, no debate about it, you could have seen it from one of Pluto's moons clearly) OFFSIDE.

- The first Reading goal. A penalty - I'm unsure at this stage but it looked dubious.

3) Reading's approach - Can't contain them so foul them off the park. 3 injuries in the first half - 3 substitutions. The team that started (Diouf really though) would have helped convert our many chances. The Diouf injury may not have been intended at first glance but on slow motion replays the player flicks his studs up back into the chasing Diouf.

4) Readings FANS: Disgraceful and disgusting. In the same league as the BWFC fans who sing about the Munich disaster. Now Diouf isn't anyone's favourite player and I was the first person to criticise his spitting and cheating BUT he clearly isn't playacting when he required a stretcher to take him off the pitch. The Reading fans who abused him goaded him as he was taken off - shame on you. Where is your basic sense of humanity?

They say what goes around, comes around. Lets hope it does with Reading because you should be embarrassed with the conduct of your fans, your team and finally with the fact that you even got ONE point out of that game!

And

Having been to the game, I can agree 100% with your comments.

For all their plaudits this season, I thought that certain Reading players and the majority of their supporters came across today as nasty and bitter.

The more that I see of Stephen Hunt, the more i'm inclined to believe that he intentionally left his knee in when challenging Petr Cech on the opening day. Firstly, he needlessly shoulder charged Nicky Hunt off the pitch when the ball had already gone out for a throw. Then he had a go at Dioufy, in the hope of getting a reaction. When Michalik came onto the pitch, he tried the same thing again. He kept tugging at Lubo's shirt whilst waiting for a free kick to be taken. Lubo merely swatted him away, like a fly. Then he ran straight into Jussi and finally earned himself a booking.

As for their supporters????? Well imho to barrack someone as they are being stretchered off is bang out of order. Dioufy may not be everyone's favourite player, but to stand up and yell abuse as he is being carried off is an absolute disgrace.

And more

Why are we surprised at Reading's style? They knew every trick in the book. Every touch they went down and the ref obliged. It seems to me that refs are coming in with an agenda to cut out Bolton's "physical approach" - but not the opposition's. They’re style was identical to Crystal Palace when Coppell was in charge. The media don't criticise him because he is intelligent and soft spoken.

Link
[/url]http://www.boltonbanter.com/forum/view_topic.php?id=9891&forum_id=2&page=1[url]

So . . . .
"No-one-likes-us-we-don't-care" is that what we are?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Apr 2007 18:31

and one in the eye for the
anti harpers
anti hannemans
anti duberry
and the anti longs

even the anti seols, again supplying some danger at the end
Last edited by brendywendy on 22 Apr 2007 18:37, edited 1 time in total.

Cookie

by Cookie » 22 Apr 2007 18:34

seahawk10
bassavage Bolton up to their dirty tricks again when Doyle was taking his penalty according to a caller on 6-0-6. I didn't see it but apparently Stelios was stood on the edge of the box and blew up a balloon and when Doyle was about to take the penalty, he popped it in the hope it would put him off.

No oxf*rd chance!

It was actually 15-David Thompson, what a cock. I just watch the last part of the game for the third time and it was definitely intentional. You can see him timing it to just before Doyle kicks it.

My gran (who's been a loyalroyal for some 60years) says she can't beleive it. Leastways not until she sees it on You-Tube

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Apr 2007 18:36

BoLOLton Banter They knew every trick in the book. Every touch they went down and the ref obliged. It seems to me that refs are coming in with an agenda to cut out Bolton's "physical approach" - but not the opposition's. They’re style was identical to Crystal Palace when Coppell was in charge. The media don't criticise him because he is intelligent and soft spoken.

Beautiful! :lol:

BoLOLton :lol:
I feeLOL good :lol:
ALOLLOLardyce :lol:

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 22 Apr 2007 18:39

BoLOLton Banter They knew every trick in the book. Every touch they went down and the ref obliged. It seems to me that refs are coming in with an agenda to cut out Bolton's "physical approach" - but not the opposition's. They’re style was identical to Crystal Palace when Coppell was in charge. The media don't criticise him because he is intelligent and soft spoken.

As opposed to a moaning old woman like Mr Allardyce? :lol:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Apr 2007 18:40

Mr Angry Where was Diouff's "basic humanity" in beating up his wife??

I gave the oxf*rd all the abuse I could as he was led in front of us, and NEVER has anyone as nasty and as odious as that little creep deserved it. I'm only sad that it was just a hamstring and not a cruciate; its what he deserves.

As for the game; a fantastic result, but that does NOT equate to a fantastic performance. Too many players didn't have good games today, and if it wasn't for Marcus Bolton would have been out of sight before half-time.

We have to learn to be as cute as teams like Bolton, Fulham, Pompey etc; as soon as their players feel the merest of contact, down they go as if shot by a sniper; on at least 3 occasions yesterday, similar situations with Reading players (De La, Kits and Doyle) had our player trying to carry on rather than falling to the ground in a theatrical manner, and Webb not giving a free kick.

Thanks for the 6 points Bolton, and take your crappy Route 1 ugly ugly football away for another season.
when I hear it from you Mr A

It confirms that it is not just me........the English game (and more to the point....the game that I pay to watch) is at deaths door

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 22 Apr 2007 18:45

T.R.O.L.I.
BoLOLton Banter They knew every trick in the book. Every touch they went down and the ref obliged. It seems to me that refs are coming in with an agenda to cut out Bolton's "physical approach" - but not the opposition's. They’re style was identical to Crystal Palace when Coppell was in charge. The media don't criticise him because he is intelligent and soft spoken

As opposed to a moaning old woman like Mr Allardyce? :lol:

It's not just that.

Really... do we really play like Palace did?

What a pleb.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 22 Apr 2007 18:57

I love the bit where they suggest Diof was injured by someone flicking their studs back at him !!

And of course there were no fouls by Bolton !

Their fans were mostly just dull, but the bloke to our left who had 2 kids with him but spent half the game standing up and pretending to wave his d*ick at us was especially unpleasant.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 22 Apr 2007 19:02

Behindu And of course there were no fouls by Bolton !

skysports.com Total fouls conceded - Bolton 17; Reading 13

BoLOLton :lol: