Nolan disappointed in Duberry

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Nolan disappointed in Duberry

by Stranded » 26 Apr 2007 15:14

From his BBC website column:

I just hope that I am fit to play on Saturday.

I thought that I had broken a bone after being the victim of a very bad tackle just above my ankle from Reading's Michael Duberry last weekend.

I went for a scan during the game and was relieved the find out it was not a break. I had another scan on Wednesday to confirm that I had not chipped a bone.

What really annoyed me was that at no point did Duberry ask if I was OK.

There was no tap on the back at the time or quick enquiry after the game. I was substituted at the break and for all he knew I might have broken my leg.

Bad tackles happen but I was disappointed by what Duberry did - or rather didn't - afterwards.

noise

by noise » 26 Apr 2007 15:16

does he need his mummy

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 26 Apr 2007 15:20

He has a point. I'd have thought it would be part of Sir Steve's ethos that players apologise for a bad tackle. If not during the game, certainly afterwards if it caused injury

North stander

by North stander » 26 Apr 2007 15:23

it wasnt that bad a tackle though. from what i could see Dubs got the ball.

Daniella

by Daniella » 26 Apr 2007 15:28

Defiantely has a point. We are actually starting to get a bit of a dirty rep with a lot of clubs now, probably fairly so.

TWRoyal

by TWRoyal » 26 Apr 2007 15:34

Daniella Defiantely has a point. We are actually starting to get a bit of a dirty rep with a lot of clubs now, probably fairly so.

Tosh

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 26 Apr 2007 15:35

North stander it wasnt that bad a tackle though. from what i could see Dubs got the ball.

Not sure that makes a difference. If a player causes another player injury, even if was a legitimate tackle, I'd still expect them to at the very least check that the players ok. In this case it was obvious v quickly that Nolan was injured so I don't think its asking much for Doobs to make a quiet enquiry as to his health after the game

Daniella

by Daniella » 26 Apr 2007 15:39

TWRoyal
Daniella Defiantely has a point. We are actually starting to get a bit of a dirty rep with a lot of clubs now, probably fairly so.

Tosh

We are always in the thick of things, whether it be bad tackles, keepers getting injured or touchline brawls, we'll be at the forefront.

:lol:

Motown

by Motown » 26 Apr 2007 15:39

Someone's lost their dummy!!
Who gives a toss if he got injured if don't like it go play netball if he doesn't like getting kicked. It's a mans game and it happens. Doobs has absolutely no need to apologise he is in it for the cause and to win the game and shouldn't matter at what costs to the others player.

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 26 Apr 2007 15:41

utter shite.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 26 Apr 2007 15:44

Bless 'im!

Daniella

by Daniella » 26 Apr 2007 15:45

Motown Someone's lost their dummy!!
Who gives a toss if he got injured if don't like it go play netball if he doesn't like getting kicked. It's a mans game and it happens. Doobs has absolutely no need to apologise he is in it for the cause and to win the game and shouldn't matter at what costs to the others player.

Its respectful to apologise, any true professional does so. Walking off without a care after just nearly breaking someone's leg is downright arrogant and disrespectful.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 26 Apr 2007 15:53

Did Chris Riggot ever apologise to Dave Kitson for injuring his leg? No, I don't seem to remember anything like that.

Daniella

by Daniella » 26 Apr 2007 15:55

SpaceCruiser Did Chris Riggot ever apologise to Dave Kitson for injuring his leg? No, I don't seem to remember anything like that.

No coincidence they are both shit tho is it :lol:

Even rooney if he does one of them gives the guy a pat on the back.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 26 Apr 2007 15:56

SpaceCruiser Did Chris Riggot ever apologise to Dave Kitson for injuring his leg? No, I don't seem to remember anything like that.

Chris who?

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 26 Apr 2007 16:00

Daniella

Its respectful to apologise, any true professional does so. Walking off without a care after just nearly breaking someone's leg is downright arrogant and disrespectful.

get over it love

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 26 Apr 2007 16:00

I guess that makes it perfectly alright for a Reading player to do exactly the same thing then?

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 26 Apr 2007 16:03

Y21_Royal

I guess that makes it perfectly alright for a Reading player to do exactly the same thing then?

Really, who cares?

They're grown f**king men!

"Go on, roll over and let me tickle your tummy, go on. You know i didn't mean it."

Daniella

by Daniella » 26 Apr 2007 16:07

It has nothing to do with being grown men or it hurting, wanting attention,etc

how many times, ITS ABOUT SPORTMANSHIP.

Its nice to say to the other guy, hope your ok,etc

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2007 16:08

Daniella

OMG Ian Royal in completely agreeing with Daniella shocker! :shock:

Apart from the bit about us getting a dirty rep of course.