Nolan disappointed in Duberry

Motown

by Motown » 26 Apr 2007 16:09

Daniella
Motown Someone's lost their dummy!!
Who gives a toss if he got injured if don't like it go play netball if he doesn't like getting kicked. It's a mans game and it happens. Doobs has absolutely no need to apologise he is in it for the cause and to win the game and shouldn't matter at what costs to the others player.

Its respectful to apologise, any true professional does so. Walking off without a care after just nearly breaking someone's leg is downright arrogant and disrespectful.

In my football career not the greatest of ones but was always taught never to apologise no matter how many times you kick somebody or hurt them never ever apologise as then they think they've got the beating of you and your weak touch. Players that don't like the tackles are the ones that then won't want to get involved in the game anymore and thats when you've succeeded in what you were trying to do, and gives you an advantage of going to go and try and win the game.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 26 Apr 2007 16:10

Daniella It has nothing to do with being grown men or it hurting, wanting attention,etc

how many times, ITS ABOUT SPORTMANSHIP.

Its nice to say to the other guy, hope your ok,etc

I always shake hands at the end of a game, never during.
You're far to nice and need your puppies given a good slapping t bring you back into line! :wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2007 16:11

Motown
Daniella
Who gives a toss if he got injured if don't like it go play netball if he doesn't like getting kicked. It's a mans game and it happens. Doobs has absolutely no need to apologise he is in it for the cause and to win the game and shouldn't matter at what costs to the others player.

Its respectful to apologise, any true professional does so. Walking off without a care after just nearly breaking someone's leg is downright arrogant and disrespectful.

In my football career not the greatest of ones but was always taught never to apologise no matter how many times you kick somebody or hurt them never ever apologise as then they think they've got the beating of you and your weak touch. Players that don't like the tackles are the ones that then won't want to get involved in the game anymore and thats when you've succeeded in what you were trying to do, and gives you an advantage of going to go and try and win the game.

Bollocks. It doesn't matter if they think you're a weak touch if you arn't. Sportsmanship means you enquire as to how someone is if you clatter them and apologise if you caused injury or pain where none was intended. And there should always be none intended.

The lack of apology in my book suggests that it was intended. Which is bad.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Apr 2007 16:12

Motown
Daniella

Agreed if the bloke you've hit is still on the pitch. If he can no longer continue then you should go check on him. Not necessarily apologise but check he's ok.

Motown

by Motown » 26 Apr 2007 16:16

Exactly will make sure there ok if I nearly decapitated them but never ever utter the word sorry to them, as I've done what I wanted it and given myself an easier game!!

Motown

by Motown » 26 Apr 2007 16:19

Ian Royal
Motown
Daniella

Bollocks. It doesn't matter if they think you're a weak touch if you arn't. Sportsmanship means you enquire as to how someone is if you clatter them and apologise if you caused injury or pain where none was intended. And there should always be none intended.

The lack of apology in my book suggests that it was intended. Which is bad.

I suppose it depends how you play football, me being and out and out defender the only enjoyment I get out of the game is to kick lumps out of the oppositions forward. I don't go in to purposely hurt them I just like sliding around but If I hurt them I hurt them, it just tough really, they should of been a bit quicker and they wouldn't of got hit then.

nivek elyod

by nivek elyod » 26 Apr 2007 16:23

It's called good manners, you arsehole. If you nearly break someone's leg, you apologise for it afterwards. No-one's saying it has to be during the game, it could be afterwards when "the cause" is over.

I'm sure SSC won't be too happy about this...

Daniella

by Daniella » 26 Apr 2007 16:27

Eventually everyone's seeing my point. I don't want us to have a reputation as a bunch of thugs, and despite what people have said we ARE giving that impression off. If it wasn't for coppells calmness and infulence on the media a lot more would of been made of it.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 26 Apr 2007 16:27

if i take th eball in a game, its a good tackle, no matter what happens afterwards, and no apology is necessary
perhapsa note of sympathy, but certainly not apology, nothing to do with sportsmanship

and maybe he didnt apologise becuase he and the rest of the players were dragged off by the ref, i believe no one noticed he was still down other than the fans

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 26 Apr 2007 16:32

nivek elyod

It's called good manners, you arsehole. If you nearly break someone's leg, you apologise for it afterwards. No-one's saying it has to be during the game, it could be afterwards when "the cause" is over.

I'm sure SSC won't be too happy about this...

how do you nearly break a leg?

if its broken apologise, if not, no worries
im sure SSC cares about as much as i do, maybe less

Daniella

by Daniella » 26 Apr 2007 16:32

He's not bithcing about the tackle, he's bitching about duberry's conduct afterwards, and he has EVERY right.

Especially when we have player's with even bigger mouths like dave kitson.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 26 Apr 2007 16:32

Daniella He's not bithcing about the tackle, he's bitching about duberry's conduct afterwards, and he has EVERY right.

yawn

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 26 Apr 2007 16:36

I really don't see what everyone's up in arms about here. It should be simple.

If you injury a player, its only right that after the game you have a quick check on them. It makes no difference if he won the ball or not.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 26 Apr 2007 16:38

Motown
Daniella

Have you seen a bloke called Ronaldo play this season?
Not many seem to have succeeded in kicking him out of a game.
Also did Hunty apologise to Cech even though it wasn't his fault?
It's called sportsmanship-that's why they shake hands before and after a game.
Once all sportsmanship goes there eventually is no sport or would you sooner watch Rollerball or WWWF?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 26 Apr 2007 16:39

Y21_Royal I really don't see what everyone's up in arms about here. It should be simple.

If you injury a player, its only right that after the game you have a quick check on them. It makes no difference if he won the ball or not.

perhaps he did not realise he was injured

i doubt wether i would have from the dressing room, and once the 2nd half is starting maybe you didnt realise he'd gone off, or failed to put the two together

who knows

im sure there are no proffesional footballers at reading who would intentionally injure anyone

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 26 Apr 2007 16:42

brendywendy
Daniella He's not bithcing about the tackle, he's bitching about duberry's conduct afterwards, and he has EVERY right.

yawn

birds on a football chat site arguing about the merits of a bad tackle, have i entered some awful paralell universe. should i be setting my home page to knittingweekly.co.uk

Crowthorne Royal

by Crowthorne Royal » 26 Apr 2007 16:44

All you dic*heads that suggest that Duberry is somehow being 'soft' or indeed Nolan is being a bit of a wimp moaning are plainly wrong. Those posters that have talked about sportsmanship are absolutely right. Why do fans hate the likes of Diouf, Mourinho, Wenger, Michael Brown (Fulham), Robbie Savage etc, etc.....Because they are unsportsmanlike physical or mental thugs AND bad losers!
You clowns are probably the same sad bunch that chant ''Sh*t on the floor' when an opposing player gets injured. I absolutely cringe when that happens, it makes RFC fans look like mindless idiots.
If you ar*eholes want to spit your filth and venom at other teams players why don't you gpo and support someone else, because you're not welcome. With the Chelsea debacle still in the minds of every fan when they see Cech wearing his 'helmet' we need to be very careful not to put forward an image of a team who are niggly and purposely upset other players.....and the fans are worse! I am very proud to be a Royal and I want to continue to go to away games and be well received by the majority of opposing fans.
:evil:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 26 Apr 2007 16:44

poohs pure
brendywendy

yawn

birds on a football chat site arguing about the merits of a bad tackle, have i entered some awful paralell universe. should i be setting my home page to knittingweekly.co.uk

im not a bird, i just have an ill advised nickname

and i doubt if daniella is either

and if she is she is far too opinionated.
and should probably go and join a forum on kittens, knitting, and handbags

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 26 Apr 2007 16:49

brendywendy
poohs pure
brendywendy

yawn

im not a bird, i just have an ill advised nickname

and i doubt if daniella is either

and if she is she is far too opinionated.
and should probably go and join a forum on kittens, knitting, and handbags

;-)

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 26 Apr 2007 16:49

brendywendy
Y21_Royal I really don't see what everyone's up in arms about here. It should be simple.

perhaps he did not realise he was injured

i doubt wether i would have from the dressing room, and once the 2nd half is starting maybe you didnt realise he'd gone off, or failed to put the two together

who knows

im sure there are no proffesional footballers at reading who would intentionally injure anyone

I'm not suggesting that he should have done anything at half time or during the game, to do so would take away his focus. But after the game when he knew that Nolan was hurt I don't see that its asking much for him to politely ask if he's ok, even if its just to a member of the Bolton coaching staff