We want (got) our Kingsley back

Frustrated_Royal

by Frustrated_Royal » 01 May 2007 08:38

I got kicked out of Elm Park for eating one of these as kids kept coming up to me trying to hug my half time snack

http://www.chocablog.com/wp-content/upl ... /lion1.jpg

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 May 2007 13:17

This feline abuse by refs must stop.

Kingsley should enlist the support of Jude and Wolfie

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_o ... 271463.stm

not to mention, as someone texted to BFM last night, the Premier League's own lion!

BTW according to the fake hoops, the ref mistook Jude for Danny Shittu! :lol:

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 01 May 2007 13:58

BBC Sport - Quotes of the week "I can see where the referee was getting confused - he does look like so many of my players."
Reading manager Steve Coppell after their giant lion mascot, Kingsley - who wears the club colours - was ordered from the touchline during the Newcastle game because he was confusing the officials.

valiant royal

by valiant royal » 01 May 2007 14:05

Skyline

by Skyline » 01 May 2007 14:10

valiant royal good write up and picture from Metro...

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/a ... page_id=46

Loved this Freudian slip by the Metro reporter:

referee Mike Riler

Well he certainly got me riled on a fair number of occasions.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 01 May 2007 14:11

valiant royal he's also made Reuters!

http://uk.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnou ... 6220070430

ROFLeuteROFLMAOs It was unclear whether he would miss the next match through suspension.

:lol:

TWRoyal

by TWRoyal » 01 May 2007 15:19

From the BBC:

THE Football Association has suspended the front six rows of supporters at every match after Premiership referee Mike Riley filed a report complaining that the officials could not distinguish between highly paid footballers and the chubby bloke eating a pie in Row A.

"These replica shirts are a menace to football and until they can be purged from the game the FA has little option than to heed Riley's advice," the FA said in a statement.

Although as yet unconfirmed, the FA is also thought to be banning the colour green because of potential confusion with the pitch and personal radios that are inteferring with referees' fancy two-way radios.

A supporters' group spokesperson said: "I thought facism was restricted to Italian football."

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 01 May 2007 16:20

http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_gal ... 88,00.html

Kingsley now on the front page of the sky news website.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 01 May 2007 16:45

Nob of a referee!

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 01 May 2007 16:58

I thought it was hilariously funny, but I must admit that I knew he was going to do it before he did.

I'm not sure about mascot rules but just before it happened I remember being a bit surprised to see Kingsley where he was. I don't think generally they are allowed to be that close to the touchlines. So strangely enough, I wasn't at all surprised to see MR trot over to tell him to back off a bit (not send him off as everyone seems to be insisting on).

But I suppose- it makes a good story. And Coppell's response on the coverage was absolutely priceless. (Anyone have the video?) I don't think he can be beaten for dryness.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 01 May 2007 17:12

If Kits grew an afro and Bulked up a bit it could get a bit confusing.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 01 May 2007 18:23

107fm KINGSLEY IS INNOCENT!
After the incident involving Kingsley The Lion at Monday night's Newcastle game, Royals boss Steve Coppell has said he will review video footage before coming to a decision over whether to punish the Reading mascot.

To add your name to our petition, please email: studio@reading107fm.com.

We, the undersigned, hereby call on Royals boss Steve Coppell to clear Kingsley The Lion of all charges and therefore suspension and / or fine, for the touchline incident at the Reading v Newcastle Barclays Premiership game at Madejski Stadium on Monday, 30th April 2007.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 01 May 2007 19:17

Volvicanus I thought it was hilariously funny, but I must admit that I knew he was going to do it before he did.

I'm not sure about mascot rules but just before it happened I remember being a bit surprised to see Kingsley where he was. I don't think generally they are allowed to be that close to the touchlines. So strangely enough, I wasn't at all surprised to see MR trot over to tell him to back off a bit (not send him off as everyone seems to be insisting on).

If he wasn't sent off, why didn't he come back after half-time?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 01 May 2007 19:23

http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/content/ ... ture.shtml

Some nobbers quotes at the bottom of the BBC Berks article.... Methinks they planned this!

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 01 May 2007 19:29

RoyalBlue
Volvicanus I thought it was hilariously funny, but I must admit that I knew he was going to do it before he did.

If he wasn't sent off, why didn't he come back after half-time?

I can see a major FA probe into this.Points deduction and Europe denied..Kingsley publicly hung drawn and quartered in town center.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 01 May 2007 19:32

I blame Kingsley for that lino's inept performance, clearly he was incapable of spotting the offside with Kingsley playing the Newcastle forwards on.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 01 May 2007 20:22

PieEater I blame Kingsley for that lino's inept performance, clearly he was incapable of spotting the offside with Kingsley playing the Newcastle forwards on.

Sorry, you can't get the lino with the yellow flag off with that excuse. Newcastle were attacking the North Stand in the second half, by which time Kingsley had already been sent packing!

higher I can see a major FA probe into this.Points deduction and Europe denied..Kingsley publicly hung drawn and quartered in town center.

OMG! I can see what is going to happen. West Ham look doomed for the drop so Sir Trevor insists that the FA/Premier League knock 20 points off us for Kingsley's misbehaviour!

warrpp

by warrpp » 02 May 2007 08:28

EP this morning reckon that kingsley was not repremanded for confusing riley with his shirt but for making "inflamatory gestures"

wonder what they could have been ? :wink:

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 02 May 2007 08:48

Although 'Royal Lady' suggests Kingsley deserved to see Reading captain Graeme Murty sent off for a violent attack on the lion.

"Murts flattening him has got to be up there," she says. "Especially when his head came off."

RoyaLOL LOLady :lol:

Berthwaite

by Berthwaite » 02 May 2007 09:11

warrpp EP this morning reckon that kingsley was not repremanded for confusing riley with his shirt but for making "inflamatory gestures"

wonder what they could have been ? :wink:

I thought he was sent off for dissent.

Although I sit a long way from the incident, I'm sure I saw Kingsley disputing one of OMR's decisions.