Y26 you are a disgrace.

200 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 May 2007 19:24

Winchester Royal Nah, they'd have to turn up earlier to guarantee their seat, and maybe they could buy some food from our wonderful catering outlets too...

It makes sense financially too :wink: :lol:

You'd have to let beer into the bowl. What happens if you turn up early in the hot sit down, go for a piss or a beer/food come back and c=some bugger's nicked your seat.

I hate it too, but reserved seating isn't that practical for all seaters that are going to be pretty much full the whole time.

Joe 90

by Joe 90 » 05 May 2007 19:28

I left early.
It wasn't getting out of the car park that did it, it was the apathetic display by midfield and forward players. I'm in my third season as a STH and I do a 260 mile journey for each home game. If I can put my passion for the club through spending my hard earned dosh plus a load of petrol money and a lot of travelling I have a reasonable expectation that the team should show some passion as well.
They didn't .... and so I exercised the right, as I would have in a restaurant, Cinema, shop, etc. to leave early.

If they had lost to the better team I would not have left early, but today the worse team lost because of a lack of passion and pride in the club.

BTW, I've been a supporter since '65 and I have seen bad displays. We left early then as well.
Last edited by Joe 90 on 05 May 2007 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 05 May 2007 19:28

Allow Beer into the bowl?
Never mind about that, the Stewards wouldn't be there to police it under my regime!! :lol:

Get your mate to guard your seat, and if you don't have any mates, perhaps you shouldn't be at the football :lol:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 05 May 2007 20:24

zac naloen
shadesrwrf With Mags on this one. Paid money. Choice.

They don't have the right to fight, if the problem was with them leaving I'd be complaining about 70% of the rest of the fans.

In fact, you said:

"A large amount of Y26 got up to leave en masse after the second goal went in. Where rightly told to sit the oxf*rd down"

My issue with the utter shit you're spouting today is that you're suggesting they were somehow in the wrong for leaving when the second goal went in. There aren't any special rules for football matches - they're paying customers whether you like it or not.

Obviously I don't condone violence, but people should just keep their mouths shut and mind their own business raher than trying to impress some bizarre moral code on other fans.

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL

by PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL » 05 May 2007 20:45

Ian Royal
Row Z Royal
Ian Royal
PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL thats right argue amongst yourselfs instead of congratulating our best season ever :roll: seems like everyones a plastic if they do something that another "fan" doesnt like, stop moaning and enjoy sunday

yeah, well you're a plastic because you're username is in caps lock.

get lost plastic :P

Apparently anyone with "Royal" in their user name is a plastic, so get lost - the both of you.

:oops:

not really point i was making

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 05 May 2007 20:57

Props go to the guy in row w b16 that rightly called the leaving fans judas, and some other very eloquently put stuff

gave him a clap :oops: :lol:

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 05 May 2007 21:15

willz_royal Props go to the guy in row w b16 that rightly called the leaving fans judas, and some other very eloquently put stuff

Please explain to us why?

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 05 May 2007 21:37

zac naloen
shadesrwrf With Mags on this one. Paid money. Choice.

They don't have the right to fight, if the problem was with them leaving I'd be complaining about 70% of the rest of the fans.

Totally agree with what you're saying re. fighting. I had occassion to remind an idiot who'd come over by our seats to get a better view of what was going on that there was actually a match in play that he might like to watch. Mind you, I wasn't enjoying watching it so I probably had a bit of a cheek expecting him to torture himself too.
Last edited by shadesrwrf on 05 May 2007 21:58, edited 1 time in total.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 05 May 2007 21:52

RG30
willz_royal Props go to the guy in row w b16 that rightly called the leaving fans judas, and some other very eloquently put stuff

Please explain to us why?

he was right to do so, when the second goal went in, why should "fans" leave?

i bet theyll be texting in on BBCRB all doomy and gloomy, shouting at seol etc

Rob-Royal

by Rob-Royal » 05 May 2007 21:53

if ever you needed a thread to describe why this board is a pile of kack then this is it....

the w@nker who started it and those that have followed with the 'i'm a better fan for staying behind' and 'you shouldn't leave early', 'Y26 a disgrace'....

fcuk off!

roland*

by roland* » 05 May 2007 22:00

Joe 90 I left early.
It wasn't getting out of the car park that did it, it was the apathetic display by midfield and forward players. I'm in my third season as a STH and I do a 260 mile journey for each home game. If I can put my passion for the club through spending my hard earned dosh plus a load of petrol money and a lot of travelling I have a reasonable expectation that the team should show some passion as well.
They didn't .... and so I exercised the right, as I would have in a restaurant, Cinema, shop, etc. to leave early.

If they had lost to the better team I would not have left early, but today the worse team lost because of a lack of passion and pride in the club.

BTW, I've been a supporter since '65 and I have seen bad displays. We left early then as well.

Why do people insist on making this analogy. It really frustrates me. Reading FC, and other football clubs, are not providing you with a service. You are a "supporter" not a "customer" or a "user".

You do not support restaurants, cinemas or shops so don't make that comparison. Same goes for that mug on BBCRB who drew comparisons with spending £30 quid to go to a Kylie Minogue concert. You don't pay that to "support" Kylie.

Banjax

by Banjax » 05 May 2007 22:33

a twat near me was booing the boys really loudly i felt ashamed, its one funking game and no one can deny we were the better team

it blatently was a pen

i left before the lap of honour but i had to gte back to brighton for my mates leaving do

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 05 May 2007 22:34

RG30 Idiot, I left when the Watford 2nd went in today, didn't mean I'm a plastic.
It means your stupid.

After the Watford 2nd there was still enough time left to score three goals for a win - If you can't remember such turnarounds for Reading in the past then surely you saw the recent Bolton away match where two goals came in the last 5 minutes?

I left after clapping the players off the pitch, I would have remained for the lap of honour if the club had announced that the buses were going to wait for us!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 May 2007 22:45

Forbury Lion I would have remained for the lap of honour if the club had announced that the buses were going to wait for us!
did it really matter, today of all days?

History made...........last home game

what was the rush to get home?

nivek elyod

by nivek elyod » 05 May 2007 22:52

AthleticoSpizz
Forbury Lion I would have remained for the lap of honour if the club had announced that the buses were going to wait for us!
did it really matter, today of all days?

History made...........last home game

what was the rush to get home?

Exactly. I understand fans have the right etc. to leave early, I just think it's an incredibly sh1t thing to do - especially when it's Reading's last home game having finished an incredible first season IN THE oxf*rd PREMIERSHIP.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 05 May 2007 22:54

I think what most find difficult to stomach is being told how they ought to behave. Well done those who stayed until the last player had got back into his car and driven off, you did us all proud.

Joe 90

by Joe 90 » 05 May 2007 22:58

roland*
Joe 90 I left early.

Why do people insist on making this analogy. It really frustrates me. Reading FC, and other football clubs, are not providing you with a service. You are a "supporter" not a "customer" or a "user".

You do not support restaurants, cinemas or shops so don't make that comparison. Same goes for that mug on BBCRB who drew comparisons with spending £30 quid to go to a Kylie Minogue concert. You don't pay that to "support" Kylie.

You are so wrong.
Of course we "support" these establishments and heaven forbid, Kylie Minogue (that's why they are called fans of Kylie Minogue - get it?) How do you think they earn money?

Any service/club/pub/establisment/business/etc. relies on establishing a regular body of clientele who are satisfied with a service or services. If the service is good, they return, if it's crap , they do not. It's called market forces and that's how clubs make money, if you do not understand that, that's tough, but nevertheless, it is true. It's how the world runs

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 05 May 2007 23:01

I'd like to thank all the fans who stayed for the lap of honour as i got home in record time :wink:

I thought this y26 thread was going to be about the rubbish chanting from them, too busy trying to wind up Watford fans instead of getting behind their team, particularly 2nd half. Never mind.

I would add my thoughts about the whole plastic thing, but i'm a bit bored of it and can't be arsed!

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 05 May 2007 23:11

I went shopping in Tescos earlier this week. The service in there is second to none you know. I was so impressed I felt compelled to stand outside the store until closing time and clap all the sales assistants as they left for home.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 May 2007 23:15

this is getting oxf*rd silly

Personally, i think it was sad that so many left so early

37 games of history judged on 90 minutes today.

Our best squad of 2005 to 2007 on display

and two thirds of the supporters decide exit the stadium

Very very sad
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 05 May 2007 23:16, edited 1 time in total.

200 posts