Slow Ki-Hyeon does the job

woodley royal

Slow Ki-Hyeon does the job

by woodley royal » 07 May 2007 09:42

Coppell pulls the plug in RFC UEFA's hopes, by including Slow Ki-Hyeon into the last few games. Why else play a third rate player that finishes a game with boots so clean, and creates chances for the other team.
I'm so pleased that we have kept in the top half most of the season, but, and a big but, I don't want RFC to suffer more injured players and risk relegation but playing Ki-Hyeon anymore. Coppell needs to unload him in the summer, and they both know it.

Oi Oi Saveloy
Location: Going crackers for Cararcas, or bonkers for Belgium

Re: Slow Ki-Hyeon does the job

by Oi Oi Saveloy » 07 May 2007 09:58

woodley royal Coppell pulls the plug in RFC UEFA's hopes, by including Slow Ki-Hyeon into the last few games. Why else play a third rate player that finishes a game with boots so clean, and creates chances for the other team.
I'm so pleased that we have kept in the top half most of the season, but, and a big but, I don't want RFC to suffer more injured players and risk relegation but playing Ki-Hyeon anymore. Coppell needs to unload him in the summer, and they both know it.

Don't blame Seol, it Coppells fault for signing him in the first place.

COPPELL OUT

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 07 May 2007 10:04

Seol has featured in the last 5 games, we've won 3 and lost 2.

In the 5 games previous to that he featured in 1 and we lost 4 and drew 1.

I see your point !

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 07 May 2007 10:14

Coppell is clearly mad and needs sectioning, while we should set wild dogs loose on Seol.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 May 2007 10:34

woodley royal Coppell pulls the plug in RFC UEFA's hopes, by including Slow Ki-Hyeon into the last few games. Why else play a third rate player that finishes a game with boots so clean, and creates chances for the other team.

One of the most footballing ignorant comments I have seen on here for some time. Let's get Seol out and get someone who will run at a million miles an hour, fly into challenges left right and centre and achieve b*gger all in footballing terms. Let's just concentrate in hoofing the ball in the vague direction of our forwards rather than pinpoint passes and crosses.

Seol created plenty of chances for us again on Saturday - describe those he created for Watford?

It was not Seol who kept misplacing passes across the centre of the park.

I think if you were able to analyse a recording of Saturday's game you will see that Seol created far more chances/decent crosses than either of the wide players who played on the left for us. And if you want to moan and groan, what about all the corners that were wasted? I don't recall many of Seol's heading towards the direction of the opposite flag!

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 07 May 2007 10:40

people just make up their minds they don`t like a player, and no matter what that player does they will not change their opinions, it was the same with Andy Hughes, dig your f*cking head out of the sand and looking at performances rather than the man, I counted at least 6 times when golden boy Hunt gave away cheap possesion on Saturday but I dont see his own thread here..sorry I was forgetting, he runs around like a headless chicken flying into tackles so that makes him a good player!!!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 07 May 2007 10:45

Chaney people just make up their minds they don`t like a player, and no matter what that player does they will not change their opinions, it was the same with Andy Hughes, dig your f*cking head out of the sand and looking at performances rather than the man, I counted at least 6 times when golden boy Hunt gave away cheap possesion on Saturday but I dont see his own thread here..sorry I was forgetting, he runs around like a headless chicken flying into tacklrs so that makes him a good player!!!

The frustrating thing is that Seol has far more ability than Hunt, but plays no better due to his lack of effort. I have, however, pointed out in the past that just because Hunt puts in maximum effort (which I respect), it does not mean he is anywhere near the best player on the park every week.

We lost on Saturday because we played with no wingers, meaning Seol and Hunt were BOTH poor. However, I am more angry at Seol than Hunt because Hunt has his limitations, whereas Seol has the ability to be easily one of the best players at the club, but wastes his talent. Seol is not crap, but he needs to up his effort just like Lita did in order to contribute to our team to the required level - you can't carry passengers at this level.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 07 May 2007 10:53

Royalee We lost on Saturday because we played with no wingers,

And we beat Newcastle on Monday thanks to a right wing cross from a winger whose name escapes me :roll:

Soel will never be an "up and down player" but we'd still be several points short of our current total without his contribution (3pts away at West Ham for a start!!)

It's so typical of people here to blame those they don't like for the errors of the East Stand Idols.

We squandered countess corners against Watford whilst the likes of Hunt and Sidwell were typically wasteful in possesion, but hey, lets blame Seol anyway :roll:
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 07 May 2007 11:12, edited 3 times in total.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 07 May 2007 10:56

Woodcote Royal

And we beat Newcastle on Monday thanks to a right wing cross from a winger whose name escapes me :roll:

Relevance to us losing on Saturday?

ddetisi

by ddetisi » 07 May 2007 10:58

yeah lets get hughes back! then he can run all day, do oxf*rd all and you can complain about him again! whey!!!

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 07 May 2007 11:06

zac naloen
Woodcote Royal

Relevance to us losing on Saturday?

Relevant to the thread topic suggesting Seol has achieved Coppell's aim in selectng him over the last few games....keep up!!!!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 07 May 2007 11:10

Woodcote Royal

Soel will never be an "and up and down player" but we'd still be several points short of our current total with with his contribution (3pts away at West Ham for a start!!)

It's so typical of people here to blame those they don't like for the errors of the East Stand Idols.

We squandered countess corners against Watford whilst the likes of Hunt and Sidwell were typically wasteful in possesion but hey, lets blame Seol anyway :roll:

Yes we did, which was about the only thing Seol did all game on Monday. He also had a very easy job with the only even slightly defensive-minded player in the midfield being Emre.

Of course Seol will never run around like a headless chicken and I wouldn't expect him to, but the fact is he doesn't even do the minimum required in terms of tracking back and helping out. As for going forward, it pretty much summed his performance up on Saturday when he missed that sitter - he had all the time in the world but still wanted more - he was far more casual and even Hahnemann would have been faster to the ball than he was.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 07 May 2007 11:16

Several players put in worse performances than Seol but I agree he didn't have a great game

Henleyensian

by Henleyensian » 07 May 2007 11:24

My main criticsm of Seol on Saturday was his allowing Foster to beat him to the ball when he was going for goal. Foster is an excellent keeeper but I believe even he would have been beaten if Seol had passed it back to his oncoming team mate (can't remember who) who would have had an open goal to shoot at.

Royal@Norwich

by Royal@Norwich » 07 May 2007 11:28

Although I believe him to be one of the better football players at the club I do not want him here next season.The manner in which he lopes round a pitch is embarrassing. When he doesn't have the ball he couldn't care less. He is a selfish player who we payed over the odds for. I would like to see Coppel put this one down to experience and move on. He is not the kind of blood and guts player that has made RFC what they are. (Incidently Hunt is, and that is why we love him... and Hughsey)

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 07 May 2007 11:28

Go away.

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 07 May 2007 12:37

RoyalBlue Seol created plenty of chances for us again on Saturday - describe those he created for Watford?

How about the second goal where he was so far out of position and so slow in getting back that in gave Watford a free cross into the box?

Jinx

by Jinx » 07 May 2007 12:42

He was faced by two players there - he was expecting Halford to be helping, but he had retreated to the penalty area. Seol can't be blamed for that goal - try looking at Halford or Hahnemann

tom_t69

by tom_t69 » 07 May 2007 12:50

I cant understand the critism towards seol at the moment i think he has had a good end to the season. Everyone has a go at him for not running flat out all the time up and down the wing, when he doesnt really need to because he slowy waiting for someone to make a run and then he slots them through. Seol is a lot different to other wingers as he doesn't need to do a player for pace or skill as he still gets his crosses in like beckham. Seol put in a number of good crooses in the last few matches so get of his back as kitson and other palyers played a lot worse than him and didnt put in any effort.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 May 2007 12:51

Y21_Royal
RoyalBlue Seol created plenty of chances for us again on Saturday - describe those he created for Watford?

How about the second goal where he was so far out of position and so slow in getting back that in gave Watford a free cross into the box?

Halford's fault, and then mainly Hahnemann's Seol was closing down one player and Halford had backed off leaving the 2nd player in space.