by willz_royal » 11 May 2007 21:52

Aeroguide Sidwell = Pratt

Sidwell= doing what anyone would do

Media = pratts

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 11 May 2007 21:53

will you cheer him when he comes back and scores a winner against us?
no I thought not!!!
good bye Steve,hope you fall flat on your arse, there was a RFC before you and there will be a RFC after you..BIGGER AND BETTER

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 11 May 2007 21:56

Chaney will you cheer him when he comes back and scores a winner against us?
no I thought not!!!
good bye Steve,hope you fall flat on your arse, there was a RFC before you and there will be a RFC after you..BIGGER AND BETTER

i for one can't believe the level of the love in with a distinctly average carrot top

ReadingFlan

by ReadingFlan » 11 May 2007 21:56

We've got too many gingers anyway

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 11 May 2007 22:00

no I thought not!!!

I will cheer him when he comes back to play against us as he was a great player for RFC and had a large part to play in our recent success.
I obviously won't cheer him if he scores against us as no matter who you are if you are playing against my team and score I dislike it.

The mentality of a lot of people on here is a joke. Sidwell wants to better himself, whether that be in football terms or financial terms. Therefore he has to sign elsewhere. We are not used to our players going on to try and do bigger and better things and it irks with 'little Reading' fans.

Good luck Steve, you were a great player for us and that is clearly shown by the amount of people who have an opinion on your move.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 11 May 2007 22:02

poohs pure
no I thought not!!!

i for one can't believe the level of the love in with a distinctly average carrot top

Average...lol.... why is it that a lot of the top teams in the best league in the world are looking at signing him if he is 'average'???

Banjax

by Banjax » 11 May 2007 22:03

here here, Steve you have given us your all and were a big part of us getting to where we are now

i don't blaim anyone for wanting to be the best they can

so thank you for the days .............

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 11 May 2007 22:08

A Reading all-time great. Best central midfielder ever.

His performances all season have provided the energy and forward momentum to our play that has made us compete in every single game. And all in the knowledge that one bad tackle could give him the injury that would stop him getting the multi-million pound contract his agent has spent two years promising him.

I just hope he feels our gratitude.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 11 May 2007 22:14

Handsome Man A Reading all-time great. Best central midfielder ever.

His performances all season have provided the energy and forward momentum to our play that has made us compete in every single game. And all in the knowledge that one bad tackle could give him the injury that would stop him getting the multi-million pound contract his agent has spent two years promising him.

I just hope he feels our gratitude.

Can't agree. He was certainly a good RFC player, and will be remembered with a great deal of affection, but I wouldn't put him in the "great" stakes I'm afraid.

Not sure how he will cope with reserve team football. Just hope he doesn't go the way of a great many ex RFC players.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 11 May 2007 22:20

Transfer window headline News of the World January 2008 (I believe everything written in it...)

Sidwell in loan deal from Chelsea.

Steve Sidwell, who transferred on a Bosman ruling from Reading to Chelsea at the end of last season, has had no opportunities to play in the first team and has remained on Chelsea's base pay rate of £100 per week, is to seek a loan deal to give him a chance of playing in a first team. Reading are rumoured to be interested if Chelsea continue to pay Sidwell's wages.

Jose Mourinho is quoted as saying" Is very very good player but no room in team at present. Need time to learn the "Chelsea Way". Maybe ready season 2009-10."

bassavage

by bassavage » 11 May 2007 22:22

Thank you Sidwell for your time in the last 4 and a half seasons. You've been terrific throughout and all the best in the future. I shall be applauding you when you come back to the Mad Stad.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 11 May 2007 22:22

Steve Sidwell, who was he?

Reading_Royal
Location: 25Mar2006 History in the making - RFC in the promised land!

by Reading_Royal » 11 May 2007 22:26

The Ginger number 4 in a Reading shirt = Legend!

Stand up for Steve Sidwell! Hopefully our away fans will chant his name through the game against blackburn even if he's not in the squad, just to show how muc he is / was appeiciated here!

Nice payrise for him and all the best where ever he goes, just don't score against us or shout 'jacks'!

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 11 May 2007 22:54

I'm still laughing at Sharpy's offer to Sidewell, saying 'if I ever see you I promise I will buy you a pint'. Yeah, right Sharpy I'm sure Sidders is waiting to walk into a public house to have a drink with you and chew the fat over a glass of ale.

bracknell loyal royal!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bracknell loyal royal! » 11 May 2007 23:03

Good Luck Sidders, sad way to go..

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 11 May 2007 23:03

Cripple Creek I'm still laughing at Sharpy's offer to Sidewell, saying 'if I ever see you I promise I will buy you a pint'. Yeah, right Sharpy I'm sure Sidders is waiting to walk into a public house to have a drink with you and chew the fat over a glass of ale.

what stopping him from being out in Ding...see players before!! it was tongue in cheek get over it (although i would buy him a shot and make him suffer abit :wink: )

Rax

by Rax » 11 May 2007 23:50

Yawn @ Steve 'I've got me wife and kid to feed' Sidwell

Sidwell = Primus

Best midfielder ever? Don't make me laugh Super Si would have had him for breakfast - but at least we got money for him (oh and Meaker :oops: )

Obviously needs to go to a bigger club so his parasite of a WAG can get on the telly more....

Rot in someones reserves Steve - shut the door on yer way out son!

:?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 May 2007 00:34

Thank you Steve..and Good Luck

(always took time out for my kids on "open-days ...Reading promotionals".....young tho' he might have been....always professional....always polite)

Not a bad player too

Katie Marsden

by Katie Marsden » 12 May 2007 00:43

Goodbye $teve.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 May 2007 00:44

Katie Marsden Goodbye $teve and good luck.

Some of us were there to appreciate your efforts prior to Coppell days

157 posts