29/5/95

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 31 May 2007 13:13

boycey sorry , but you cant even compare songs like you'll never walk alone to Tom Hark....

I'm not comparing the song. I'm comparing the motive behind playing the song. Basically both motives are the same aren't they?. To help create a better atmosphere.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 31 May 2007 13:14

Tottenham have a drummer, not something that I remember being present more than a few seasons ago. Surely this is the worst?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 31 May 2007 13:22

West Ham play Bubbles before the game, at half time and after the game.

Lverpool play YNWA

Both come over the tannoy - hardly 'spontaneous fan culture'

Don't think I saw a game last season where there weren;t thousands of replica shirts being worn by Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool fans.

No idea why 'number 13' is seen as plastic - it wasn't the club's idea even.

Are having big banners at matches 'plastic' ? Liverpool and Man Utd both do it...

Is having an over the top PA and loud music 'plastic' cos it happens everywhere.

Get over it, our fans are no different to the vast majority of fans and it's just a lie that we are seen as any 'different' by the rest of the football world.

Some people are just to 'precious' for words !

boycey

by boycey » 31 May 2007 13:22

Vision
boycey sorry , but you cant even compare songs like you'll never walk alone to Tom Hark....

I'm not comparing the song. I'm comparing the motive behind playing the song. Basically both motives are the same aren't they?. To help create a better atmosphere.

yes , the motive is the same .
But one is unique to a club , sung loud and proud by every single liverpool fan .
the other is a tired old tune that is used by 60 percent of the football league .

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 31 May 2007 13:26

boycey But one is unique to a club

Neither are unique - unless you think Celtic are the only club to sing YNWA

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 31 May 2007 13:27

boycey But one is unique to a club , sung loud and proud by every single liverpool fan

Even though at least two other clubs use it?

boycey

by boycey » 31 May 2007 13:28

Huntley & Palmer
boycey But one is unique to a club , sung loud and proud by every single liverpool fan

hairs? splitting?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 31 May 2007 13:28

boycey
Huntley & Palmer

hairs? splitting?

Not if you claim something is unique and it clearly isn't !

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 31 May 2007 13:29

Surely Tom hark is fairly unique in the Premiership?

boycey

by boycey » 31 May 2007 13:30

Unique in the English football league . :roll:

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 31 May 2007 13:32

boycey Unique in the English football league . :roll:

We used to sing it on the Southbank - back in the days when people had scarves....

Uncle Alberts Dinner

by Uncle Alberts Dinner » 31 May 2007 13:51

We`re going to Wemberley.... Left West Reading and picked up mates in Fords Farm and Whitley in my VW Camper. 7 of us in the "unofficial team bus". Great laughs on the journey up.... Pictures of players/team stuck in the windows just as we did in the minibus going up to the Simod Cup years earlier but then with parents.

Nogan is in my heart forever for goals that season and a blinding half that day. That`s all I can remember. Never seen the highlights since. Best left forgotten.

Got stuck in traffic on the A40 heading away from the ground, next to the team bus at one point. Amazed and upset to see the boys drinking lagers and laughing about on the coach - you`d have thought we`d won. If only. We couldn`t believe what we saw. Oh well, maybe that was the best way to get over it.

When we got back to town I dropped a mate of at the Holiday Inn (now Crowne Plaza) as the players were having a reception there and he was sort of in with a few of them. Hopkins came out and spoke to us - seemed a nice bloke - but not exactly what I would call gutted. I suppose I was and still am disappointed not to have seen Stuart Pearce style disappointment in all the players that day. But that is naive of me to think they care as much as the fans.

All in all a fantastic day out, and for me, much more enjoyable than Cardiff.

By the way, can we STOP having this same old plastic debate b*ll*cks - you don`t have to be a season ticket holder or go to every game to prove you love and support this club. Do people not realise this. Without wanting to sound like Cantona, I believe you can be a model Christian without ever going to church.

Sir Rodney Effing

by Sir Rodney Effing » 31 May 2007 15:37

boycey Unique in the English football league . :roll:

???????

Fair play, you have woooshed me big time

Daniella

by Daniella » 31 May 2007 19:59

I don't care what people say, social class has a lot to do with it. Millwall, cardiff, west ham, leeds, manchester united all have moody loud agressive working class support, you know you'll get an atmosphere with them. Reading fans are too easily intimidated and reserved to ever have a respectable support, thats the sad thing.

I remember millwall coming a few years back. They were lively and the police tried to slide into the away end to drag someone out. The whole away end moved towards the police and blocked them off. No agression or violence, just not allowing them to go and kick the lad out for being pissed. They support their own. Reading would just step aside and let the fans get dragged out as they have no bottle, similar to coventry last season.

Makes me cringe when I hear the y26 lads chant "fight fight whereever you may be", knowing full well the boys signing it will be the first ones out the ground and onto the busses.

BLUES & ROYAL

by BLUES & ROYAL » 31 May 2007 20:17

Daniella I don't care what people say, social class has a lot to do with it. Millwall, cardiff, west ham, leeds, manchester united all have moody loud agressive working class support, you know you'll get an atmosphere with them.

Tricky one this.

What do Millwall, Cardiff, West Ham, Leeds, Manchester united fans all have in common following their teams?

Thats right Grief and a trail of destruction, complaints, heavy police presence and the odd Murder to boot

We have a bit of fun and a general opinion among other clubs that we are good natured and noisy fans.

I know what I prefer

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 31 May 2007 20:23

Exactly. I'd rather clueless idiots brand us plastic, i'd rather wear my Reading shirt to games and be thought of as a "child", i'd rather sing Tom Hark, i'd rather not be unique and i'd rather clap and join in with a drummer, than go out looking for fights at football games.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 01 Jun 2007 09:23

AbovetheI Exactly. I'd rather clueless idiots brand us plastic, i'd rather wear my Reading shirt to games and be thought of as a "child", i'd rather sing Tom Hark, i'd rather not be unique and i'd rather clap and join in with a drummer, than go out looking for fights at football games.

me too

thats why i love reading FC

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 01 Jun 2007 09:40

Daniella I don't care what people say, social class has a lot to do with it. Millwall, cardiff, west ham, leeds, manchester united all have moody loud agressive working class support, you know you'll get an atmosphere with them. Reading fans are too easily intimidated and reserved to ever have a respectable support, thats the sad thing.

I remember millwall coming a few years back. They were lively and the police tried to slide into the away end to drag someone out. The whole away end moved towards the police and blocked them off. No agression or violence, just not allowing them to go and kick the lad out for being pissed. They support their own. Reading would just step aside and let the fans get dragged out as they have no bottle, similar to coventry last season.

Makes me cringe when I hear the y26 lads chant "fight fight whereever you may be", knowing full well the boys signing it will be the first ones out the ground and onto the busses.

YAWN