Seol... on Yahoo news

158 posts
Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 04 Jun 2007 14:31

*slams head against table*

Reading fans in acting like retards shock with a couple of exceptions.

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 04 Jun 2007 14:33

:lol:

just coz your a seol fan

kitsons_hair

by kitsons_hair » 04 Jun 2007 14:34

Mrs Butler :lol:

just coz your a seol fan

Wonder what his reaction would be if it was a Doobs thread..

;)

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 04 Jun 2007 14:35

just coz your a seol fan

You're so seol-less.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 04 Jun 2007 14:41

just coz your a seol fan

Seol is a good footballer, he creates, he scores and he's an effective winger. We emply defenders to do all the tackling and defending, we employ Seol to play as an attacker. People don't criticse Little ever yet he is no better a defender than Seol is, why is that? :?

Hunt 'shows passion' because he runs around a lot, it doesn't matter that 7 out of 10 crosses will end up hitting their first man or straight into the stand/keepers hands, nor did it matter at Blackburn when he had a simple chance but fluffed it wide, still he 'cares'.

Sod that, soon as Hunt went off at Blackburn and Seol was on the left we murdered them.

It's this ridiuclous mentality with football fans, (but only this country) that you have to run around like maniacs otherwise your 'lazy'. I tell you right now Ronaldinho would get hammered on these boards if he played for Reading. How many tackles does he make a season, or the likes of Le Tissier, Hoddle etc? (2 players that should have had at least 50-60 caps for England, but because of the idiot fans in this country and the obsession with 'workhorses' we had Geoff Thomas and David Batty)

I don't know about you, but i pay money to see attacking, free flowing, entertaining football, that's why i enjoy watching Seol, when he's on form and running at full backs, taking shots on, he makes you get to the edge of your seat, when Hunt plays your more wary about getting hit in the face than you are expecting a decent cross.

I'm delighted to hear he's not happy when HE'S NOT PLAYING, how would you feel if he said 'yeah i love sitting around doing nothing and picking up the money, brilliant isn't it!'

A fit, keen Seol is an attacking weapon for us and i really hope he comes back even better next year and makes mugs out of a lot of people on here.

by 1960 » 04 Jun 2007 14:44

What bothers me is that most of you are setting yourselves up for a "told you so" from any Wolves straying onto this board.

Good player. Hoddle, Brooking Le Tissier didn't track back a lot. And are we saying that a player who can get into a decentish national team is not good enough for us?

[edit] Only when submitting this did I see that AP had said all the same things as me. Even quoted the same players. Great minds think alike!
Last edited by 1960 on 04 Jun 2007 14:48, edited 1 time in total.

kitsons_hair

by kitsons_hair » 04 Jun 2007 14:46

I'd like to see what he has to offer next season.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 04 Jun 2007 14:47

kitsons_hair I'd like to see what he has to offer next season.

Same as this season, an effective option as an attacking winger on either flank.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Jun 2007 14:47

Alan Partridge

just coz your a seol fan

Seol is a good footballer, he creates, he scores and he's an effective winger. We emply defenders to do all the tackling and defending, we employ Seol to play as an attacker. People don't criticse Little ever yet he is no better a defender than Seol is, why is that? :?

Hunt 'shows passion' because he runs around a lot, it doesn't matter that 7 out of 10 crosses will end up hitting their first man or straight into the stand/keepers hands, nor did it matter at Blackburn when he had a simple chance but fluffed it wide, still he 'cares'.

Sod that, soon as Hunt went off at Blackburn and Seol was on the left we murdered them.

It's this ridiuclous mentality with football fans, (but only this country) that you have to run around like maniacs otherwise your 'lazy'. I tell you right now Ronaldinho would get hammered on these boards if he played for Reading. How many tackles does he make a season, or the likes of Le Tissier, Hoddle etc? (2 players that should have had at least 50-60 caps for England, but because of the idiot fans in this country and the obsession with 'workhorses' we had Geoff Thomas and David Batty)

I don't know about you, but i pay money to see attacking, free flowing, entertaining football, that's why i enjoy watching Seol, when he's on form and running at full backs, taking shots on, he makes you get to the edge of your seat, when Hunt plays your more wary about getting hit in the face than you are expecting a decent cross.

I'm delighted to hear he's not happy when HE'S NOT PLAYING, how would you feel if he said 'yeah i love sitting around doing nothing and picking up the money, brilliant isn't it!'

A fit, keen Seol is an attacking weapon for us and i really hope he comes back even better next year and makes mugs out of a lot of people on here.

What he said.

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 04 Jun 2007 14:49

Stranded
Alan Partridge

just coz your a seol fan

What he said.

Yup.

The Colonel

by The Colonel » 04 Jun 2007 14:51

southbank1871
The Colonel Also on BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 718973.stm

Who does he think he is? If he put more effort in he would be in the team. Fact.

Does Sir Steve need any more reason to offload him now?

Christ, would you be happier if he was satisfied with being out of the team? The guy is a professional footballer and so obviously wants to be playing regularly. If he can't get that at Reading, then it's obvious that he'd want to move one and good luck to him.

I took his comments as being a little arrogant...like he feels that he has a devine right to be in the team.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 04 Jun 2007 14:52

I'd want every player who isn't in the team knocking on Coppell's door asking what he needs to do to get a place...
Seol isn't the first of our squad players to say he's unhappy at not being in the team and he won;t be the last. I'd rather that than they sat back on £20k a week and enjoyed an easy life.
Seol is a very good player (and frankly the inability of some to see that is jaw dropping) but we haven't really worked out to incorporate him into the team. If Glenn gets fit next season I can see them working well as a pair - one starts a game and plays for an hour and then the other comes on. Two very different styles but a great option.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 04 Jun 2007 14:56

Behindu I'd want every player who isn't in the team knocking on Coppell's door asking what he needs to do to get a place...

Exactly - and who's to say that this interview hasn't been blown out of all proportion? Seol probably only said something along the lines of wanting to get back into the first team...

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Jun 2007 15:31

Behindu I'd want every player who isn't in the team knocking on Coppell's door asking what he needs to do to get a place...
Seol isn't the first of our squad players to say he's unhappy at not being in the team and he won;t be the last. I'd rather that than they sat back on £20k a week and enjoyed an easy life.
Seol is a very good player (and frankly the inability of some to see that is jaw dropping) but we haven't really worked out to incorporate him into the team. If Glenn gets fit next season I can see them working well as a pair - one starts a game and plays for an hour and then the other comes on. Two very different styles but a great option.

seol operates in teh same area of the pitch as th eoyster

and is a better player, there can be few arguments with that

yet when he said he was unhappy with being on the bench and would look elsewhere if he didnt work his way into the team, i dont remember many people saying"well just fck off then" like they are here about seol

like it or not
its just plain RACIST

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 04 Jun 2007 15:35

its just plain RACIST

:shock:

I can't tell if thats a joke or not. But it's possibly not that far off the mark even if it is unconcious.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Jun 2007 15:41

zac naloen
its just plain RACIST

I can't tell if thats a joke or not. But it's possibly not that far off the mark even if it is unconcious.

bit of both
it is the usual "racist" cry from hobnob
plus im slightly teasing, becuase actually, i think its exactly spot on, not just close to the mark
but you know what people are like:

i have a bloke at work who still thinks its funny to call people of afro carribean descent "chalky" to their faces

ahaha

most of the people in the east stand think its hilarious to sing the dog eating song for seol, despite him making it clear that its an old custom in his country, stemming from the rich getting all the good meat, that the younger generations dont really subscribe to, and he has never eaten a dog in his life.but still its well funny innit?!(no)

it would be like other nationalities laughing at us for only ever eating roast beef.........

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 04 Jun 2007 15:42

it would be like other nationalities laughing at us for only ever eating roast beef.........

There's another way to cook beef???

Rich@Eaststand

by Rich@Eaststand » 04 Jun 2007 15:47

donface
Stranded
Alan Partridge

just coz your a seol fan

What he said.

Yup.

What they said.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 04 Jun 2007 15:51

Alan Partridge

just coz your a seol fan

Spot on sir

WTRoyal

by WTRoyal » 04 Jun 2007 15:54

zac naloen

There's another way to cook beef???

<spod alert>
Technically of course what most of us would traditionally call "roast beef" in this country is actually "baked beef" because it is cooked in an enclosed oven.

For beef to be roasted it needs to be cooked over an open fire, generally on a spit.

This is why other countries do actually laugh at us because of our beef-eating inaccuracies and why the French derogatory nickname for us is "Les Rosbif" because they think it's funny that not only do we perceptually eat nothing but "roast" beef, it's not even actually roast beef we're eating but baked beef.
</spod alert>

There, that's better. HTH!

158 posts