New Season Fixtures 2007/2008

153 posts
URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 15 Jun 2007 13:08

I reckon first match will be Sunday 4pm.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Jun 2007 13:11

URZZZZZZZZ I reckon first match will be Sunday 4pm.

Not with us playing Tuesday night it won't.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 15 Jun 2007 13:39

Dirk Gently
Row Z Royal
Dirk Gently
1960 So let's see. FA/Prem think Reading are little upstarts who should know their place. How can we arrange this. I know:

Give them the two best teams in England first, so they will get no points and will start to worry.

Give them two tricky games next and, with their self-confidence shot, they might get no points and they will be struggling for the rest of the season.

Oh yes, don't forget them starting and finishing away.

And, assuming our plans have worked and they are struggling at the end of the season let's give them three away games out of the last four.

Sorted!

Except it's absolute bollox! If you knew the process by which fixtures were decided you'd understand that.

Is that fixture process available to all and sundry, DG? Can you post a link on the FA website or similar? I think this myth, if it is one, should be dispelled ASAP to stop Reading fans making tits of themselves on 606.

I'll see what I can find that's in the puiblic domain. If not I'll summarise what I know about it.

Done it in a new thread : http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62796

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 15 Jun 2007 13:40

Stranded

Unless that's put back to Wednesday for TV as well?!

by 1960 » 15 Jun 2007 13:41

Dirk Gently
1960 So let's see. FA/Prem think Reading are little upstarts who should know their place. How can we arrange this. I know:

Give them the two best teams in England first, so they will get no points and will start to worry.

Give them two tricky games next and, with their self-confidence shot, they might get no points and they will be struggling for the rest of the season.

And, assuming our plans have worked and they are struggling at the end of the season let's give them three away games out of the last four.

Sorted!

Except it's absolute bollox! If you knew the process by which fixtures were decided you'd understand that.

Whoops! It was tongue in cheek. Just musing on what would be a worst-case scenario and to what extent it panned out. I am certain there was no hidden agenda in the general make-up of the fixtures.

Two things that do bother me though is that starting and finishing away is a downer and nobody can deny that we are not a home on Boxing Day team. Is it once in the last seven or eight years?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 15 Jun 2007 13:46

Dirk Gently

Sorted!

Whoops! It was tongue in cheek. Just musing on what would be a worst-case scenario and to what extent it panned out. I am certain there was no hidden agenda in the general make-up of the fixtures.

Two things that do bother me though is that starting and finishing away is a downer and nobody can deny that we are not a home on Boxing Day team. Is it once in the last seven or eight years?

Only beacuse for many years we asked not to be home on a boxing day - because there's no public transport and because police costs double on public holidays.

Starting and finsihing away is purely random (except that we have to start away this year because of the Reading festival) - we've started at home for the last 2 seasons, and the Championship winning season started and finished at home.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 15 Jun 2007 17:14

biscuitsrus
Compo's Hat My glass is half full when i look at the opening month.

Man U - Opening day, may be best time to catch them.

Chelsea - Wasn't convinced either time we played them last season. Sure Jose will have one eye on the following game against Liverpool.

Everton - If Johnson doesn't dive and we turn up then we're capable of at least a point.

Bolton - Won up there in April. We'll have to see if Sammy Lee has got them organised by then.

If we play the same way way we did last season, we'll have nothing to worry about.

Also nice to see we haven't got long journeys in December or January when people save their pennies for Christmas.

Pleased with Liverpool away on my birthday also.

Are you seeing our away performance against Bolton through rose tinted specs! The performance was if I remember absolutely shocking but the result was in the top 3 of last season.

IMO if we play the same as last season we will be toast and there will be no comeback in the last 10 mins.

ps I feel good.........

I meant it to mean about our play generally during the whole of the season. Bolton wasn't that great a performance, i'd given up after about 70 minutes with the ref seeming to give them every decision.

Noticed that Arsenal play Liverpool then Man Utd both times before they play us. Don't know if that will do us any favours, we'll have to wait and see.

And if you though our start was bad, take a look at Pompey's

Saturday, 11 August Derby v Portsmouth

Tuesday, 14 August Portsmouth v Man Utd

Saturday, 18 August Portsmouth v Bolton

Saturday, 25 August Chelsea v Portsmouth

Saturday, 01 September Arsenal v Portsmouth

Saturday, 15 September Portsmouth v Liverpool

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 17 Jun 2007 14:07

Compo's Hat
biscuitsrus

Chelsea - Wasn't convinced either time we played them last season. Sure Jose will have one eye on the following game against Liverpool.

Everton - If Johnson doesn't dive and we turn up then we're capable of at least a point.

Bolton - Won up there in April. We'll have to see if Sammy Lee has got them organised by then.

If we play the same way way we did last season, we'll have nothing to worry about.

Also nice to see we haven't got long journeys in December or January when people save their pennies for Christmas.

Are you seeing our away performance against Bolton through rose tinted specs! The performance was if I remember absolutely shocking but the result was in the top 3 of last season.

IMO if we play the same as last season we will be toast and there will be no comeback in the last 10 mins.

ps I feel good.........

I meant it to mean about our play generally during the whole of the season. Bolton wasn't that great a performance, i'd given up after about 70 minutes with the ref seeming to give them every decision.

Noticed that Arsenal play Liverpool then Man Utd both times before they play us. Don't know if that will do us any favours, we'll have to wait and see.

Do you still feel good?

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 17 Jun 2007 21:54

biscuitsrus
Compo's Hat
biscuitsrus

ps I feel good.........

Do you still feel good?

I feeLOL good

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 18 Jun 2007 19:38

Compo's Hat
biscuitsrus
Compo's Hat
biscuitsrus

ps I feel good.........

Do you still feel good?

I feeLOL good

na na na na na na na na

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 19 Jun 2007 08:40

Has Anelka just scored?

Harps stay sharp

by Harps stay sharp » 19 Jun 2007 09:18

Stranded

I am pretty sure at the beginning of the season teams play on Saturday afternoon and again on Monday night, so what's the difference?

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 19 Jun 2007 09:43

Looking at the fixtures I think Sunday's games are more likely to be big Sam's return to Bolton and possibly Liverpool-Villa, these teams are all playing on the Wednesday or not again until the Saturday.

I think we'll be at 12.30 on the Saturday. I firkin hope it's not on the Sunday anyway.

153 posts