Reading V Lyon Predictions +match thread

287 posts
Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 16 Jul 2007 14:06

Cavaman What if Lyon draw with River Plate?

River Plate go through to the final.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 16 Jul 2007 14:07

River played 2 won 2 GD +2
Lyon played 2 won 1 GD +1
Us played 2 won 1 GD 0
S-pulse played 2 lost 2 GD -3
Last edited by papereyes on 16 Jul 2007 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 16 Jul 2007 14:07

We need to beat S Pulse by 2 goals or more and hope Lyons win by 2 goals.

Probable Final against Bolton (oh the joys of Competitions in exotic places against class international teams!)
Last edited by wolsey on 16 Jul 2007 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 16 Jul 2007 14:07

Lyon's GD is +1. HTH.

mattyougg

by mattyougg » 16 Jul 2007 14:09

Lyon and ourselves both need to win.
We need a greater G.D. than lyon.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 16 Jul 2007 14:10

On the official site they have a banner of 'support'

such as

Vamos Guadaljara

que ne saut pas n'est pas lyonnais

and

gaaaaaaaaaaaaarn the biscuitmen

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 Jul 2007 14:10

I'm really enjoying this Peace Cup tournament.

I hope we can be involved in something like this every pre-season.

The players are clearly loving it and its like watching a mini Champions League just without the pressure & the financial rewards.

I was impressed with Golbourne. He looks like he might just be good enough to handle the Prem. Cox looks like he has a very good technique and shot on him. If he plays up front he could potentially do very well, although he didn't seem to get involved much.

I was concerned about the number of times Stack spilled a long range shot and then had to get up and block a secondary effort.

Slightly concerned with Cisse as well. He seems to look a classy player when he is on the ball. Only thing is, he rarely got on the ball. He seemed to be running around like a headless chicken at times. Whereas Sidwell would get stuck in and run the game.

Bikey was impressive, Harper was Harper, Gunnarsson was good, Doyle and Long were both very impressive! I'm liking our preparations. Things look like they are coming on nicely for the new season.

There might still be a question mark over the CM spot. As long as we keep Shorey and Lita we will be well equipped again for the rigours of the Prem but we probably just need one more CM just to make sure we challenge for Europe again!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 Jul 2007 14:12

Only one Trevor Morley Edith Piaf, Jaques Cousteau,Rene from Allo Allo, Michael Platini, Gustav Eiffel, Bridgette Bardot, Charles De Gaulle,William the Conquerer, Nikolaus Sarkozy, Inspector Cleuseau, Dom perignon, Napoleon,, Jaques Chirac, Frank le Beuof,Louis Pasteur, Joan D'Arc, Marie Curie, Louis Braille, Jules Verne, Gerard Depardieu, errmm...... Le Coq sportif, Camembert, baguette, l'arc de triomphe..etc

YOU BOYS TOOK ONE ELLE OF A BEATING
Last edited by brendywendy on 16 Jul 2007 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 16 Jul 2007 14:12

Top Flight I'm really enjoying this Peace Cup tournament.

I was concerned about the number of times Stack spilled a long range shot and then had to get up and block a secondary effort.

But he did block the second attempt, unlike (not in a knocking way) our regular Goalkeeper

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 16 Jul 2007 14:18

brendywendy
Only one Trevor Morley Edith Piaf, Jaques Cousteau,[b]Rene from Allo Allo, Michael Platini, Gustav Eiffel, Bridgette Bardot, Charles De Gaulle,William the Conquerer, Nikolaus Sarkozy, Inspector Cleuseau, Dom perignon, Napoleon,, Jaques Chirac, Frank le Beuof,Louis Pasteur, Joan D'Arc, Marie Curie, Louis Braille, Jules Verne, Gerard Depardieu, errmm...... Le Coq sportif, Camembert, baguette, l'arc de triomphe..etc

YOU BOYS TOOK ONE ELLE OF A BEATING

:lol:

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 Jul 2007 14:41

wolsey

But he did block the second attempt, unlike (not in a knocking way) our regular Goalkeeper

Yeah, I agree........ He did the second bit very well.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 16 Jul 2007 15:48

The players are clearly loving it and its like watching a mini Champions League just without the pressure & the financial rewards.

I was impressed with Golbourne. He looks like he might just be good enough to handle the Prem. Cox looks like he has a very good technique and shot on him. If he plays up front he could potentially do very well, although he didn't seem to get involved much.

Slightly concerned with Cisse as well. He seems to look a classy player when he is on the ball. Only thing is, he rarely got on the ball. He seemed to be running around like a headless chicken at times. Whereas Sidwell would get stuck in and run the game.

Bikey was impressive, Harper was Harper, Gunnarsson was good, Doyle and Long were both very impressive! I'm liking our preparations. Things look like they are coming on nicely for the new season.

There might still be a question mark over the CM spot. As long as we keep Shorey and Lita we will be well equipped again for the rigours of the Prem but we probably just need one more CM just to make sure we challenge for Europe again!

he went off after 25 mins with a nasty cut to his head, didn't really have much time to impress

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 16 Jul 2007 15:50

Yep totally agree, its great and also being an utterly meaningless irrelevant cup tournament we'll probably win it so we can stack it alongside the illustrious ranks of the simod cup, the berks and bucks and the london war cup etc.

bassavage

by bassavage » 16 Jul 2007 15:54

Bikey was brilliant IMO, I think he sould start at centre back with Ivar on August 12th.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 16 Jul 2007 15:57

Didn't see the game, but from reports it looks like business as usual for RFC... not the best football, but at the races with some of the best in the world.

hiro

Re: It's real, damn real!

by hiro » 16 Jul 2007 16:18

seahawk10
hiro In my wildwest dream, 4-0 to Reading.

Oster
Duberry
Halls
Stack (makes 70yards goal!)

Four players I came actoss in Seoul in their private time on Saturday. They were having a tea after the dinner. I could not believe my luck. I felt a little guilty to bother them, but guys were very generous to let me and my wife in the same photo with them, and even gave me a shake hand.
At where?
Can't tell, but I had to appriciate such opportunity to God in this place in this paticular day.

That is fantastic Hiro. You should post the picture if you care to. I am sure they appreciated the chance to meet one of their biggest fans in such a far away place as well!

Dear Seahawk10, thanks for your kind comment.
Tonight match against Lyon, above mentioned four players were all featured and contributed to this historical win.
I am so happy to them making such result all together.
I wonder if the dinner they had on Saturday night had something to do with it, and it was not Korean, but American cuisine. Sorry I am being silly.
I could post a picture here after I come back to Tokyo tomorrow, but as I don't see pictures of Reading players in their private time in this site, I feel there is a silent code such as better not bother players off the field.
I don't know.
All I can say is that I love them smilling in my photo, and if I can, I would love to show it to you.
Last edited by hiro on 16 Jul 2007 17:02, edited 1 time in total.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 16 Jul 2007 16:20

hiro
seahawk10

Oster
Duberry
Halls

Four players I came actoss in Seoul in their private time on Friday. They were having a tea after the dinner. I could not believe my luck. I felt a little guilty to bother them, but guys were very generous to let me and my wife in the same photo with them, and even gave me a shake hand.
At where?
Can't tell, but I had to appriciate such opportunity to God in this place in this paticular day.

That is fantastic Hiro. You should post the picture if you care to. I am sure they appreciated the chance to meet one of their biggest fans in such a far away place as well!

Tonight match against Lyon, above mentioned four players were all featured and contributed to this historical win.
I wonder if the dinner they had on Friday night had something to do with it, and it was not Korean, but American cuisine. Sorry I am being silly.
I could post a picture here after I come back to Tokyo tomorrow, but as I don't see pictures of Reading players in their private time in this site, I feel there is a silent code such as better not bother players off the field.
I don't know.
All I can say is that I love them smilling in my photo, and if I can, I would love to show it to you.

Show the photo Hiro - show it!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 16 Jul 2007 16:32

Royal With Cheese
hiro
seahawk10

Oster
Duberry
Halls

Four players I came actoss in Seoul in their private time on Friday. They were having a tea after the dinner. I could not believe my luck. I felt a little guilty to bother them, but guys were very generous to let me and my wife in the same photo with them, and even gave me a shake hand.
At where?

I wonder if the dinner they had on Friday night had something to do with it, and it was not Korean, but American cuisine. Sorry I am being silly.
I don't know.

Show the photo Hiro - show it!

I agree......

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 16 Jul 2007 18:08

Other people have commented on previous pre-season tours about not only how approachable the players were, but how they are all model professionals and ambassadors for the club. I'm pleased their success in the premiership hasn't changed that.

Hyundai Coupe

by Hyundai Coupe » 16 Jul 2007 18:42

good win, but friendlies count for nowt. Win when it matters.

287 posts