*!! EMERSE FAE SIGNS 3 YEAR DEAL FOR 2.5 MILLION*!!

169 posts
Skyline

by Skyline » 03 Aug 2007 10:35

Stranded No he's just learning to count.

Takes me back to the early days of this board when people were just posting their number of posts in order to get to milestones like 200 or 500 or whatever.

It's just playground post-ramping. (No doubt he'll now count that as an 'insult'.)

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 03 Aug 2007 10:36

SpaceCruiser
T.R.O.L.I.
SpaceCruiser Well, he was calling me a name, considering I didn't say anything derogatory in my post.

Apart from stating that you cared that it was "another bloody foreigner" - a definite case of xenphobia there.

Perhaps I should have been more clearer as I was referring to the latter part of the sentence. Surely we should care about our own youth policy?

But do we play youth players for the sake of it, even if they aren't good enough?

I've said it before our current youth team are victims of our own success. When a lot of them joined up we were either in Div2 or Div 1, the fact the club has moved on so much in 3-4 years it's left them behind.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 03 Aug 2007 10:37

Skyline

Takes me back to the early days of this board when people were just posting their number of posts in order to get to milestones like 200 or 500 or whatever.

It's just playground post-ramping. (No doubt he'll now count that as an 'insult'.)

SpaceCruiser 17

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 03 Aug 2007 10:39

Alan Partridge
SpaceCruiser
T.R.O.L.I.
SpaceCruiser Well, he was calling me a name, considering I didn't say anything derogatory in my post.

Apart from stating that you cared that it was "another bloody foreigner" - a definite case of xenphobia there.

Perhaps I should have been more clearer as I was referring to the latter part of the sentence. Surely we should care about our own youth policy?

But do we play youth players for the sake of it, even if they aren't good enough?

I've said it before our current youth team are victims of our own success. When a lot of them joined up we were either in Div2 or Div 1, the fact the club has moved on so much in 3-4 years it's left them behind.

Spot on AP - and something we've discussed over many a beer. The same applies to the coaches of the lower levels too. If we can stay in the PL for a couple more years then we might see some youth team players breaking into the first team squad but its far too soon to expect it to be this season.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 03 Aug 2007 10:39

Alan Partridge
SpaceCruiser
T.R.O.L.I.

Yes, I'd agree with that. Having said that, hopefully in the next couple of years more youths will come through, now that we've attained the highest level we could possibly go at the moment.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 03 Aug 2007 10:41

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 Aug 2007 10:46

Bollocks, he's ruined another thread.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 03 Aug 2007 10:47

Rawlie hasn't ruined the thread!

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 03 Aug 2007 11:05

SpaceCruiser Rawlie hasn't ruined the thread!

That is correct.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 03 Aug 2007 11:22

T.R.O.L.I.
Skyline

SpaceCruiser 17

+1

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 03 Aug 2007 11:23

rodnich
JimmytheJim
Gordons Cumming
papereyes
Gordons Cumming
Z175
floyd__streete

I LIKE.

Thats a bit fking special that is..... bloody hell I dont think I could do that. I assumed he'd be big and scary, not nippy and erm. Pele.

Are we SURE that guy plays for RFC?!!!

Excuse me but Justin Fashanu hit a great goal once. Goal of the season I believe.

What else did he do?

Young men.

Spot on.

Yeah. Incidentally, isn't it great that homophobia still runs powerfully through the veins of football, even after Justin's mistreatment and consequent suicide? Those poncey liberals have made it acceptable in all other walks of life, but thank god we have somewhere we can safely vent our bigotted and archaic viewpoints.

It was a factual statement?

As was mine. Would you really deny that there is still a strong sense of homophobia within football?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Aug 2007 11:28

JimmytheJim
rodnich
JimmytheJim
Gordons Cumming
papereyes
Gordons Cumming
Z175
floyd__streete

I LIKE.

Thats a bit fking special that is..... bloody hell I dont think I could do that. I assumed he'd be big and scary, not nippy and erm. Pele.

Excuse me but Justin Fashanu hit a great goal once. Goal of the season I believe.

What else did he do?

Young men.

Spot on.

Yeah. Incidentally, isn't it great that homophobia still runs powerfully through the veins of football, even after Justin's mistreatment and consequent suicide? Those poncey liberals have made it acceptable in all other walks of life, but thank god we have somewhere we can safely vent our bigotted and archaic viewpoints.

As was mine. Would you really deny that there is still a strong sense of homophobia within football?

would you deny that fashinu liked to do young men?

anyway, isnt coppell gay?
no wife in his fifties, goes on holiday to thailand often, and stays with a "friend"
surely no reading fan could be homophobic any longer if this were true
which i admit, it probably isnt

rodnich

by rodnich » 03 Aug 2007 11:33

JimmytheJim
rodnich
JimmytheJim
Gordons Cumming
papereyes
Gordons Cumming
Z175
floyd__streete

I LIKE.

What else did he do?

Young men.

Spot on.

Not at all, but whats homophobia got to do with it? Justin Fashanu did firkyfoodle with young men. Whats homphobic about saying that? It' a fact!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 03 Aug 2007 12:05

Is Coppell not married then.

I am surprised.

Married to the game I guess. :shock:

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 03 Aug 2007 12:07

brendywendy
JimmytheJim
rodnich
JimmytheJim
Gordons Cumming
papereyes
Gordons Cumming
Z175
floyd__streete

I LIKE.

What else did he do?

Young men.

Spot on.

no wife in his fifties, goes on holiday to thailand often, and stays with a "friend"

I didn't realise Coppell wasn't married. He has a son, so when was he divorced? Doesn't mean he's divorced. Plenty of divorced men that aren't gay. Also plenty of unmarried men who are also not gay.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Aug 2007 12:08

Rawlie19
brendywendy
JimmytheJim
rodnich
JimmytheJim
Gordons Cumming
papereyes
Gordons Cumming
Z175
floyd__streete

I LIKE.

What else did he do?

Young men.

Spot on.

I didn't realise Coppell wasn't married. He has a son, so when was he divorced? Doesn't mean he's divorced. Plenty of divorced men that aren't gay. Also plenty of unmarried men who are also not gay.

would it matter if he was?

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 03 Aug 2007 12:11

brendywendy
Rawlie19
brendywendy
JimmytheJim
rodnich
JimmytheJim
Gordons Cumming
papereyes
Gordons Cumming
Z175
floyd__streete

I LIKE.

What else did he do?

Young men.

Spot on.

would it matter if he was?

Not in this life. And that wasn't what I was saying. I was saying I didn't realise that he was gay. And I'm not convinced that he is.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 03 Aug 2007 12:15

Good grief. Who cares whether Coppell or indeed anybody associated with Reading is gay. Whether they can do the job they are doing is more important.

barmy_army008

by barmy_army008 » 03 Aug 2007 12:25

Wikipedia still has Fae as playing for Nantes.

I would update it but can never get the links etc working, so if anyone cares to change it...

royal tee

by royal tee » 03 Aug 2007 13:38

SpaceCruiser Good grief. Who cares whether Wenger or indeed anybody associated with Arsenal is French. Whether they can do the job they are doing is more important.

169 posts