Team for Sunderland

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 12 Sep 2007 15:56

If Hunt over hits from one side and Rosenior over hits from the other then Rosenior and Hunt will score a lot of goals if they time their runs right...

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 12 Sep 2007 15:58

Behindu If Hunt over hits from one side and Rosenior over hits from the other then Rosenior and Hunt will score a lot of goals if they time their runs right...

As long as Hunt gets the ball inside the 6 yard box. Any further out and he'll miss the goal.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 12 Sep 2007 15:58

Behindu If Hunt over hits from one side and Rosenior over hits from the other then Rosenior and Hunt will score a lot of goals if they time their runs right...

That sounds like quite a plan actually!!

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 12 Sep 2007 15:59

Kitson and Lita should be fired up through having had no International call-up and neither having played much anyway this season.
Hopefully Rosenior will play.
If both he and Fae along with Lita all play will it be the most expensive team that Reading have ever put out?
If Convey and Cisse are on the bench would it also be the most expensive squad?

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 12 Sep 2007 16:00

I didn't know the entire country of USA was playing in goal for us.

What will their shirt numbers be?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 12 Sep 2007 16:00

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe

That sounds like quite a plan actually!!

I love that idea!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 Sep 2007 16:00

SpaceCruiser I didn't know the entire country of USA was playing in goal for us.

Beats parking a bus in front of the goal.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 12 Sep 2007 16:02

Victor Meldrew If both he and Fae along with Lita all play will it be the most expensive team that Reading have ever put out?
?

Assuming Seol was a straight swap then if in any of Halford's games last season Lita and Seol also played then the answer is probably no !

If Bikey plays instead of Duberry it would up the team value a bit though

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 12 Sep 2007 16:39

Behindu
Victor Meldrew If both he and Fae along with Lita all play will it be the most expensive team that Reading have ever put out?
?

Assuming Seol was a straight swap then if in any of Halford's games last season Lita and Seol also played then the answer is probably no !

I thought we paid Fulham an extra £1million or so-if not then a straight swap was an incredible piece of business.
BTW I don't recall Seol playing at Spurs,one of Halford's few games but then I don't remember Seol playing much other than West Ham away and at Blackburn.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 12 Sep 2007 16:52

Victor Meldrew
Behindu
?

I thought we paid Fulham an extra £1million or so-if not then a straight swap was an incredible piece of business.
BTW I don't recall Seol playing at Spurs,one of Halford's few games but then I don't remember Seol playing much other than West Ham away and at Blackburn.

Conflicting reports re the Seol deal but at least one source said no extra money involved.
Quick check and it doesn;t look like Seol and Halford appeared in the same (first) team game - it's possible we had a very highly valued reserve side at time though !

A_Royal_Andy
Location: Why not send the Royals to Halifax - they need a good team!

Re: Team for Sunderland

by A_Royal_Andy » 12 Sep 2007 16:55

Katie Marsden
Only one Trevor Morley Very tricky this week

Judging by various rumours, reserve games and possible injuries I think it will be.

USA
Murty, Ingi, Bikey, Shorey
Rosenior, Harper, Fae, Hunt
Lita, Kitson

Subs
Doyle
Duberry
Cisse
Convey

However Cisse for Fae, Doyle for Kitson and Duberry for Bikey is equally feasible

Jesus, that midfield is depressing. Theres just no attacking quality at all.

:roll: :roll:

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 12 Sep 2007 17:15

If fit I would like to see Doyle remain in the side alongside Lita with Kitson on the bench. Doyle is IMO our best striker athough badly needs a league goal.
Maybe it is time to give Convey a start ahead of Hunt. Rosenoir looks like he will play right midfield so I would go with Harper and Fae in central midfield. Shorey and Murty will cover the full backs positions and I hope SC plays Bikey alongside Ivar with USA in goal. I would drop Duberry from the squad and bring in Pearce onto the bench..he needs to be given a chance.

SUBS

Federici
Hunt
Kitson
Pearce
Gunnarsson

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 12 Sep 2007 17:20

News just in which im not sure is mentioned:

Whitehead, Edwards & Richardson all ruled out, so takes their width away...3 of their best players IMO...

They have lost 4 on the spin but i feel we will sneak this one.

Live on http://www.tvandsportstreams.com £2 a day or £3.50 a month (not annual)

8)

mzungu_royal

by mzungu_royal » 12 Sep 2007 17:27

Coppell's Right Footed 11 News just in which im not sure is mentioned:

Whitehead, Edwards & Richardson all ruled out, so takes their width away...3 of their best players IMO...

8)

Already posted.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 12 Sep 2007 17:29

mzungu_royal
Coppell's Right Footed 11 News just in which im not sure is mentioned:

8)

Already posted.

Indeed, by me earlier in this thread 8) Although, I didn't mention Whitehead.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 12 Sep 2007 18:43

PEARCEY If fit I would like to see Doyle remain in the side alongside Lita with Kitson on the bench. Doyle is IMO our best striker athough badly needs a league goal.
Maybe it is time to give Convey a start ahead of Hunt. Rosenoir looks like he will play right midfield so I would go with Harper and Fae in central midfield. Shorey and Murty will cover the full backs positions and I hope SC plays Bikey alongside Ivar with USA in goal. I would drop Duberry from the squad and bring in Pearce onto the bench..he needs to be given a chance.

SUBS

Federici
Hunt
Kitson
Pearce
Gunnarsson

Good post Pearcey. I agree that it would be good to see Convey on the left but I think Coppell will go with Hunty. Remember both of them have been travelling in the week but Convey's been all the way over in the States while Hunty's only been a couple of hours away. I do think we should start with Oster if he's fit (awaiting howls of derision) and have Rosenior on the bench - he's not a right-winger imho. I am very interested to see how Harper and Fae combine in the middle. Also concerning CB - West Ham showed that you can't start two slow defenders at CB so Bikey has to come in. I think Lita and Kitson will start due to Doyle's exertions in the week but Coppell may surprise us all and go 4-3-3!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 12 Sep 2007 18:49

Archie........I just know Oster would be in your shake-up somewhere...your not related to him are you????

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 12 Sep 2007 19:17

PEARCEY Archie........I just know Oster would be in your shake-up somewhere...your not related to him are you????

No but I seem to have become obsessed with him recently :? Ready to be shot down when he does poorly...

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 12 Sep 2007 20:01

SpaghettiHoop
I didn't know the entire country of USA was playing in goal for us.

What will their shirt numbers be?

Just one fat American should fill the goal, shirley??

bassavage

by bassavage » 12 Sep 2007 22:12

Hahnemann

Murty
Bikey
Ivar
Shorey

Rosenior
Fae
Harper
Convey

Doyle