Duberry and Gunnarsson...

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Sep 2007 22:23

AthleticoSpizz
Sam Tubber Royalee you're a prime example of everything that's wrong with some of the posters here. Gunnar didn't have the best of days but to single him out in the way you have is a joke surely?

Bryn Ky Heon

god..........

sometimes I'm ashamed of our "fans"

Yes, Coppell thought very highly of the player who got in a strop because he wasn't playing every week and took it out on the manager. I applaud your defence of that selfish tosser who didn't give a toss about how the team played, only about himself and whether he was in the spotlight back in South Korea. Seol deserved everything he got and then some - ask Fulham fans what they think of him come the end of the season, then you can add those opinions to those of Coppell and Dillon, and Wolves fans, plus half our own fanbase.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Sep 2007 22:25

Royalee
Sam Tubber Royalee you're a prime example of everything that's wrong with some of the posters here. Gunnar didn't have the best of days but to single him out in the way you have is a joke surely?

I'm not just singling him out for the three goals he cost us for today, I'm also singling him out for his inept performance against Wigan, plus his part in our Sunderland defeat...no wait, I'm singling him out for his FIFTH shit league performance in a row!
Harsh given the pish poor performances of the players that surrounded him.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Sep 2007 22:27

AthleticoSpizz
Royalee

I'm not just singling him out for the three goals he cost us for today, I'm also singling him out for his inept performance against Wigan, plus his part in our Sunderland defeat...no wait, I'm singling him out for his FIFTH shit league performance in a row!
Harsh given the pish poor performances of the players that surrounded him.

Funny how whenever he's been brought off at places like Sunderland we've pulled a goal back and would have won the game if there were another 20 minutes or so to go, isn't it?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 29 Sep 2007 22:42

Alright our defense WAS WOEFUL as a unit today, but i'm not having that Duberry was the worst. Ivar and Murty were horrific and Marcus not much better.

Boris - oh dear!

clauski

by clauski » 29 Sep 2007 22:53

I'm not sure why Duberry always seems to get so much blame from many of you. Is it just because Ivar has been with us longer and put in some good performances in the past that gives us a rose-tinted perspective of his game? I thought Ivar was dreadful today, being turned too easily and has cost us too many goals this season in the same manner.

The real problem though is that there is no pace amongst any of the back four, nor half of the central midfield. Any opponent watching us should be able to see that plenty of through balls will result in one or two well timed runs that will outpace our defence and end in a goal. Liverpool was no different.

Deep down I think Coppell knows this. I think his recent comments after games has proved this and unfortunately I think he bottled making any big money signings in the summer in case they failed. Shame.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 29 Sep 2007 23:12

clauski I'm not sure why Duberry always seems to get so much blame from many of you. Is it just because Ivar has been with us longer and put in some good performances in the past that gives us a rose-tinted perspective of his game? I thought Ivar was dreadful today, being turned too easily and has cost us too many goals this season in the same manner.

The real problem though is that there is no pace amongst any of the back four, nor half of the central midfield. Any opponent watching us should be able to see that plenty of through balls will result in one or two well timed runs that will outpace our defence and end in a goal. Liverpool was no different.

Deep down I think Coppell knows this. I think his recent comments after games has proved this and unfortunately I think he bottled making any big money signings in the summer in case they failed. Shame.

As the stats show Duberry does not tend to be in too many winning Reading sides. Both he and Ivar took up poor positions too often today. I agree the problem really starts in central midfield but it did not take much for Pompey to split wide open our central defence. One or both need to be dropped IMO.
I would keep faith with Marcus. He is making mistakes but is a keeper under pressure in a side allowing the opposition far too many chances in too many games this season.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Sep 2007 23:15

Marcus is (obviously) overworked at the moment.

Adam would do no better given the circumstances.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 29 Sep 2007 23:35

AthleticoSpizz Marcus is (obviously) overworked at the moment.

I doubt he could do worse

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 29 Sep 2007 23:36

bcubed

You'd be surprised!!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Sep 2007 23:36

bcubed

so you have that crystal ball then?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 29 Sep 2007 23:57

duberry is a oxf*rd liability a slow old one at that!!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 30 Sep 2007 00:14

PEARCEY As the stats show Duberry does not tend to be in too many winning Reading sides.

We've got more points with Duberry starting than with Bikey.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 30 Sep 2007 00:24

Platypuss
PEARCEY As the stats show Duberry does not tend to be in too many winning Reading sides.

Not according to the stats on page 20 of the matchday thread.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 30 Sep 2007 00:31

PEARCEY
Platypuss

Who cares about previous seasons?

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 30 Sep 2007 00:33

Platypuss
PEARCEY
Platypuss

Indeed, who cares about the past, the most important game is always the next one.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 30 Sep 2007 00:38

readingbedding
Platypuss
PEARCEY
Platypuss

Indeed, who cares about the past, the most important game is always the next one.

Agreed......and I would look to playing Bikey ahead of Duberry in that next game.

Daniella

by Daniella » 30 Sep 2007 00:45

Gunnarsson is absolutely woeful...shocking. Was at fault for about 4 of the goals. He was pants against wigan aswell in gifting agahowa that one on one. How he is in a premiership squad, let alone starting lineup is absolute baffling. Duberry is clueless aswell, if anyone watched football first his movement, understanding and awareness is poor for a top level player, thats why he was playing for stoke. Ivar's and murty's days have to be numbered aswell. Both lack pace and are being caught out every week. The defence is worse than sunderlands the year they got 12 points.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 30 Sep 2007 02:06

Daniella Gunnarsson is absolutely woeful...shocking. Was at fault for about 4 of the goals. He was pants against wigan aswell in gifting agahowa that one on one. How he is in a premiership squad, let alone starting lineup is absolute baffling. Duberry is clueless aswell, if anyone watched football first his movement, understanding and awareness is poor for a top level player, thats why he was playing for stoke. Ivar's and murty's days have to be numbered aswell. Both lack pace and are being caught out every week. The defence is worse than sunderlands the year they got 12 points.

I think we'll be ok though as Rosenior has looked promising (murty goes) Sonko and Bikey come in (Ingi and Doobs out) and Fae (Gunnarson out). We'll stay up if Coppell has the guts to make these changes...

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 30 Sep 2007 02:44

It is incredible how all the fans know which team we should put out but the gaffer don't change it.

1. IMO Bikey will be even better than Sonko- remember when sonko first came to us in place of Adie Williams- he was piss poor, worst defender I had ever seen but look at how class he is now. Bikey last season took care of Rooney and Ronaldo and took care of Johnson this season. Yes he is poor in patches but boy can he tackle. He is 10 times the player Duberry is.

2. Convey? Unless we start playing him he is gonna put in a transfer request. Him and Kitson have been light yers the best players for us this season.

3. Kitson- always has been class, when people were banging on about Doyle and Lita i knew Kitson would be better for us this year. Why no prem teams have come in for him before I will never know.

4. DROP THE CAPTAIN- he is far too slow for this league this season.

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 30 Sep 2007 02:44

Archie's penalty
Daniella Gunnarsson is absolutely woeful...shocking. Was at fault for about 4 of the goals. He was pants against wigan aswell in gifting agahowa that one on one. How he is in a premiership squad, let alone starting lineup is absolute baffling. Duberry is clueless aswell, if anyone watched football first his movement, understanding and awareness is poor for a top level player, thats why he was playing for stoke. Ivar's and murty's days have to be numbered aswell. Both lack pace and are being caught out every week. The defence is worse than sunderlands the year they got 12 points.

I think we'll be ok though as Rosenior has looked promising (murty goes) Sonko and Bikey come in (Ingi and Doobs out) and Fae (Gunnarson out). We'll stay up if Coppell has the guts to make these changes...

Couldn't agree more