*Confirmed* Glenn Little out for 4-6 months

Coppell's Right Footed 11

*Confirmed* Glenn Little out for 4-6 months

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 02 Oct 2007 11:02

Confirmed by text, hes having surgery this week, Cisse out for 6 weeks aswell with knee surgery

:?

riverroyal

by riverroyal » 02 Oct 2007 11:10

unfortunately i think we may have seen the last of Little.

Haven't really seen enough of Cisse to say whether he would be missed.

We do have a problem on the right midfield though; Convey looked good but is prone to injury whilse Rosenior hasnt impressed in that position.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 02 Oct 2007 11:18

When Oster is fit he can do a decent job for us on the right, and I also see no reason why Little can't return to the team next season. Pace has never been part of his game so he shouldn't fade like other quick wingers do as they get older.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 02 Oct 2007 11:19

Wycombe Royal When Oster is fit he can do a decent job for us on the right, and I also see no reason why Little can't return to the team next season. Pace has never been part of his game so he shouldn't fade like other quick wingers do as they get older.

Would Reading give a 32 year old injury prone winger a new contract?

Oster - not good enough IMO.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 02 Oct 2007 11:20

Blakey's contract is up at the end of this season so will be interesting to see what happens there

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 02 Oct 2007 11:22

Probably might be worth giving him a one year contract if he proves his fitness after recovery.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 02 Oct 2007 11:22

Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal When Oster is fit he can do a decent job for us on the right, and I also see no reason why Little can't return to the team next season. Pace has never been part of his game so he shouldn't fade like other quick wingers do as they get older.

Another year I would say.

And as for Oster, he is inconsistent but he is the BEST option we have available in the position. He is also probably the most creative player in the squad and has a great eye for a pass. Unfotunately most of the squad can't read the passes he makes.......

Bowman's Quiver

by Bowman's Quiver » 02 Oct 2007 11:25

gazzer, loyal royal Blakey's contract is up at the end of this season so will be interesting to see what happens there

That must depend where we are next season. A fit Glen Little would tear Championship sizes to pieces down the right flank.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 02 Oct 2007 11:30

Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge

And as for Oster, he is inconsistent but he is the BEST option we have available in the position. He is also probably the most creative player in the squad and has a great eye for a pass. Unfotunately most of the squad can't read the passes he makes.......

Which says more for the rest of the squad than Oster's abilities IMO. Oster is a creative player but far far too inconsistant at this level. Reminds me a lot of Igoe, will have one cracking game then you won't see him for the next 10.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Oct 2007 11:31

Alan Partridge

We have a history of giving long term injured players a new deal to prove their fitness. I can't see this being much different.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 02 Oct 2007 11:33

Stranded
Alan Partridge

We have a history of giving long term injured players a new deal to prove their fitness. I can't see this being much different.

not at 32 years of age though.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 02 Oct 2007 11:37

Alan Partridge
Stranded
Alan Partridge

not at 32 years of age though.

Age is irrelevant if the player is good enough. If he returns to fitness in 6 months, he will have rejoined training by the end of the season and played some reserve matches. The club will know by then if his ankle is fixed.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 02 Oct 2007 11:38

Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge

Which says more for the rest of the squad than Oster's abilities IMO. Oster is a creative player but far far too inconsistant at this level. Reminds me a lot of Igoe, will have one cracking game then you won't see him for the next 10.

He has never had a long enough run of starts to know how consistent he really can be.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 02 Oct 2007 11:39

Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge

He has never had a long enough run of starts to know how consistent he really can be.

Wouldn't you say there is a reason for that?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 02 Oct 2007 11:40

Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge

Yes there is - Little was ahead of him in the pecking order.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 02 Oct 2007 11:43

Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge

Or that whenever Oster was given a chance he wasn't good enoguh to hold down the first team place?

Little was in and out through injury and Seol was indifferent and Oster STILL couldn't stay in the team.

Sir Rodney Effing

by Sir Rodney Effing » 02 Oct 2007 11:46

This season just gets better

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 02 Oct 2007 11:54

Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge

Or that whenever Oster was given a chance he wasn't good enoguh to hold down the first team place?

Little was in and out through injury and Seol was indifferent and Oster STILL couldn't stay in the team.

Regardless of what you think of Oster - he is the BEST option in that position.

Little is injured.
Seol has left.
Rosenior is a right back.
The transfer window is shut.

Oi Oi Saveloy
Location: Going crackers for Cararcas, or bonkers for Belgium

by Oi Oi Saveloy » 02 Oct 2007 12:10

Terrible news for the club and the player. Looks like a right winger will be the top priority in the transfer window (who plays right midfield for Brentford?.)

A fully fit Gen Little can cause most teams in this division problems, however he havne't been goal shy this year as it's the defence that has really lost the plot recently, so the impact will hopefully not be that bad.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 02 Oct 2007 12:22

Michael Kightly is a must-bid-for player.

Excellent form for Wolves this season and £5-6m might just get him.