RFC vs Derby - Result papers over some very serious cracks

185 posts
The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 07 Oct 2007 20:56

AthleticoSpizz (in response to TWYI)

Koumas has been tried and tested ...not good enough at this level

Bryn has no divine right to start every game (if you check out some of my other posts..that would confirm my take on it)....today, he was undeserving of the "stock-standard ....and predictable" critisism

"we struggled past derby"

Bull..we beat their butts big time.....had some of our finishing been more clinical/ruthless....it would have been 4-0 upwards................however we dare not criticise Kevin Doyle :roll:

Would you rather have Koumas on the wing, or Leroy Rosenoir?

Our midfield is a joke. It is what will take us down if nothing is done about it
Last edited by The whole year inn on 07 Oct 2007 20:56, edited 1 time in total.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 07 Oct 2007 20:56

Man Friday We most definitely were NOT hanging on at the end. I can't remember Derby attacking us in the last few minutes - which is very unusual for a team 1-0 down. Their lack of urgency was alarming (for them).

im not saying they created anything, just that we couldnt seem to keep the ball for more than 2 seconds

also lol @ those who thought when oster was back our RM crisis would be solved, must have given the ball away 5 times in his 30 mins

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Oct 2007 20:59

winchester_royal

Bryn has no divine right to start every game (if you check out some of my other posts..that would confirm my take on it)....today, he was undeserving of the "stock-standard ....and predictable" critisism

Bull..we beat their butts big time.....had some of our finishing been more clinical/ruthless....it would have been 4-0 upwards................however we dare not criticise Kevin Doyle :roll:

you have got to be kidding, we were hanging on by a thread at the end and won 1-0, that isnt beating their butts big time..........immature prat
...dear oh dear....I may be a pratt...but immature Winchester?......care to meet up one day?

anyway, "hanging on by a thread" as you say

yes it was tough at the end, but, had our blue eyed boys done their thing a little earlier.........then it would have been 3 or 4 nil by then (as aforementioned)

Please call

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Oct 2007 21:01

The whole year inn

Would you rather have Koumas on the wing, or Leroy Rosenoir?

Our midfield is a joke. It is what will take us down if nothing is done about it
Rosenoir is "work in progress" Koumas is a failure

in my humblest of opinions of course

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 07 Oct 2007 21:02

AthleticoSpizz
winchester_royal

you have got to be kidding, we were hanging on by a thread at the end and won 1-0, that isnt beating their butts big time..........immature prat
...dear oh dear....I may be a pratt...but immature Winchester?......care to meet up one day?

anyway, "hanging on by a thread" as you say

yes it was tough at the end, but, had our blue eyed boys done their thing a little earlier.........then it would have been 3 or 4 nil by then (as aforementioned)

Please call

bring it :wink:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Oct 2007 21:03

you will have pm

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 07 Oct 2007 21:04

Grateful for the 3 points but..........
We look a bit like a team that has been playing in every comptition around,the FA Cup,Carling Cup,European games and it is now mid-April.
Why do we look so tired?

Last season we played at a high tempo for major parts of games,closing down the opposition and breaking out of defence at pace.
This season we stand off the opposition (whoever it is) and let them play and then play long-ball from the back just hoping that Doyle or Kitson might conjure up a piece of magic.

The missing ingredient?
It has to be Sidwell or the fact that Bryn is no Sidwell.
When it was announced by the club that Bryn had been given an extra year's contract beyond this season most posters agreed but I felt that he is already too old.
His brain is up to Premiership football but his legs aren't.

Unfortunately there is a 2 week break-I say "unfortunately" because it means that the coaching staff won't be able to do much with the team so come the Blackburn game it will be the same as for the Bolton game,players coming back from countries all over the world having had no working time at Reading.

We have to develop a passing game again with our central midfielders picking the ball up from our central defenders rather than watch as they aimlessly boot away possession.
We also have to get back to the high octane commitment.
Without these I fear that relegation is a distinct possibility.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 07 Oct 2007 21:04

AthleticoSpizz you will have pm

cant wait

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 07 Oct 2007 21:10

The whole year inn Would you rather have Koumas on the wing, or Leroy Rosenoir?

Koumas prefers central midfield and is also left footed.

Katie Marsden

by Katie Marsden » 07 Oct 2007 21:13

Duberry was utter gash today, how this donkey gets a game ahead of Bikey is laughable.

Duberry - You can't pick a long pass out so DON'T BOTHER trying.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 07 Oct 2007 21:16

Katie Marsden Duberry was utter gash today, how this donkey gets a game ahead of Bikey is laughable.

he wasnt trying to do a long pass, he just wanted it away, which is probably the safest way given ow the whole team is passing at the moment

Cookie

Re: RFC vs Derby - Result papers over some very serious crac

by Cookie » 07 Oct 2007 21:17

John Madejski's Wallet
Crowthorne Royal Not 1 player IMO today deserved the Reading shirt (maybe a bit harsh on Hunt) and that more than anything is what's missing for me.......NO DESIRE.

Oh behave mate. Kitson was quality again today in terms of holding up the ball and laying it off/turning his man.

And he and Doyle were looking better and better as a pair as the game went on

good post

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 07 Oct 2007 21:18

Kevin Doyles Right Foot Confidence > Crap Play

Absolutely 100% agree. The biggest result of today was that the confidence of winning will help. Being 12th in the league, a win at home will really help boost the team.

I would bet that the biggest problem they have had is a lack of confidence. Yes, I know that 12th on our amount of points isn't very secure but it's better than being 17th or lower.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Oct 2007 21:20

winchester_royal
Katie Marsden Duberry was utter gash today, how this donkey gets a game ahead of Bikey is laughable.

he wasnt trying to do a long pass, he just wanted it away, which is probably the safest way given ow the whole team is passing at the moment
its what central defenders are told to do

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 07 Oct 2007 21:22

Wycombe Royal

So, still infinitely better than our right wing options, then?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 07 Oct 2007 21:24

bobby1413
Kevin Doyles Right Foot Confidence > Crap Play

Absolutely 100% agree. The biggest result of today was that the confidence of winning will help. Being 12th in the league, a win at home will really help boost the team.

I would bet that the biggest problem they have had is a lack of confidence. Yes, I know that 12th on our amount of points isn't very secure but it's better than being 17th or lower.

problem is that now we have won, coppell will use that as an excuse to play the same team again :roll:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 07 Oct 2007 21:24

The whole year inn
Wycombe Royal

Koumas isn't a right winger and neither is Rosenior.

So basically we wouldn't have spent £6m to play him there.

Now, what point are you trying to make?

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 07 Oct 2007 21:27

Wycombe Royal
The whole year inn
Wycombe Royal

Koumas isn't a right winger and neither is Rosenior.

So basically we wouldn't have spent £6m to play him there.

Now, what point are you trying to make?

:lol:

Back to school for WR

The Quiet Man

by The Quiet Man » 07 Oct 2007 21:28

Good and bad from today. Good - 3 points doesn't matter how we get them even against a woeful Derby. Doyle scores which should get him back in the groove. Kitson works hard and Murty gets a bit of dignity back.

Bad points - Gunnarsson was awful he is at least a yard off premier league pace (in fact he would struggle at Championship pace) and that game just passed him by - if Fae can't get into that side we are truly up sh*t creek. Ingimarsson's decline continues and if there is a scout or manager in this league who doesn't realise that if you turn and run on his right hand side you will either get a free kick in a dangerous position or a goal then I would be very surprised. Rosenior - as has been said elsewhere is the new Andy Hughes, he will run all day and say all the right things but that doesn't make up for a lack of positional sense, an inability to tackle that would make Seol proud, and a stunning lack of quality around the penalty box - unlike Fae however he is given plenty of time on the pitch to acclimatise.

The current 442 with its lack of any midfield credibility will get regularly overrun away from home as it was last Saturday and will struggle at home against any side with pace in the midfield or up front. The strength that was our wing play has been almost totally lost. The manager bottled it in the close season with regards to bringing in fresh faces that would offer at least a challenge to the existing players and the current side is weaker than the one that won the championship or last season's team. The latest b8llocks about spending in January is on par with the promised strengthening over the summer perhaps we will sign some more slightly over the hill championship players. If I was JM I would be thinking that a repeat of the b8llocking after the Wigan game 3 years ago is on order - shape the team up, stop playing your favorites who are past their best or ship out.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 07 Oct 2007 21:28

Because Bikey isn't as good a defender as Duberry is.

Half of the time there was no other option, Reading and Derby's general play was shocking. Doesn't help us having the worst midfield in the division IMO.

185 posts