Shorey...

255 posts
Upper West?!?

by Upper West?!? » 16 Oct 2007 23:21

As Reading supporters, we can hope this will be a bit of a wake up call for Shorey.

He may indeed be distracted by the fact he didn't get the big pay raise offered by West Ham in the summer. If he is overlooked by England tomorrow, then maybe that will shock him out of his funk, and he will work to improve his club form.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 16 Oct 2007 23:26

Dirk Gently
The whole year inn
Dirk Gently It's a plastic pitch that will almost certainly be watered just before the match, so surely the smaller players like NS will have an advantage as their lower centre of gravity will make them less likely to fall over.

:shock: Do you honestly think the England management team look this much into it?

Sadly not - perhaps I should have applied for the job! :wink:

Not saying they shouldn't :wink:

I wonder how many of the England setup (including players) know what 'centre of gravity' means? :?

Scylla

by Scylla » 17 Oct 2007 00:32

I read a piece in one of the papers saying that England wanted the pitch well watered before training on it - I think Celtic may have been a bit caught out by training on it when it was relatively dry. Perhaps the training session will include an excercise to compare the realtive stability of Shorey, Lescot and Neville.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 17 Oct 2007 02:19

Sounds quite sensible.

Some chappie was interviewed about Russia and 'that' pitch and he said Russia have been known to water it to add slickness to it.

The Russians will do anything to get an edge on us, and you can't blame them if they do water it and try and increase the chances of mistakes.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Oct 2007 08:15

Coppelled Streets Sounds quite sensible.

Some chappie was interviewed about Russia and 'that' pitch and he said Russia have been known to water it to add slickness to it.

The Russians will do anything to get an edge on us, and you can't blame them if they do water it and try and increase the chances of mistakes.

If it's as good as some of the third generation pitches we have in this country, watering the pitch will have no more (in fact probably less) effect than watering a grass pitch.

Other than the very occasional freak bounce (which can also happen on real grass pitches) I have never seen any problems with third generation pitches. Indeed my experience is that they favour the more skilful teams who like to play the ball on the 'grass' and I've seen very good football played on such pitches when every other game in the locality has been postponed due to adverse weather conditions. From what I've heard, the pitch in Russia is meant to be of an even better standard than those third generation pitches.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 17 Oct 2007 10:58

I think the players will be looking forward to playing on it to be honest, the only downside being that it's such an important game.

Katie Marsden

Re: Shorey...

by Katie Marsden » 17 Oct 2007 11:28

Shaka's Giant Hands ...set to start for England on Saturday. Ashley Cole will be rested and take over the number 3 shirt on Wednesday night.

That is all.

So he didn't start or even get a place on the bench Saturday and even with Ashley Cole injured he won't be starting tonight.

That is all.

Shaka's Giant Hands

by Shaka's Giant Hands » 17 Oct 2007 12:12

Katie Marsden
Shaka's Giant Hands ...set to start for England on Saturday. Ashley Cole will be rested and take over the number 3 shirt on Wednesday night.

That is all.

So he didn't start or even get a place on the bench Saturday and even with Ashley Cole injured he won't be starting tonight.

That is all.

YAWN...we been there and done that.

Read the thread.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 17 Oct 2007 12:50

Shaka's Giant Hands
Katie Marsden

That is all.

That is all.

YAWN...we been there and done that.

Read the thread.

That is all.

Cookie

by Cookie » 17 Oct 2007 13:09

Huntley & Palmer I can't stand Nicky Shorey to be honest, the sooner he goes the better. I shan't miss his stupid schoolboy looks, shit hair and fat girlfriend when he does

Irony surely.

Sir Rodney Effing

by Sir Rodney Effing » 17 Oct 2007 15:19

Shorey on bench - can't be arsed to look the rest of the pages to see if someone has already said this (Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 047720.stm)

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 17 Oct 2007 15:24

Sir Rodney Effing Shorey on bench - can't be arsed to look the rest of the pages to see if someone has already said this (Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 047720.stm)

General Football, but it's equally required here.

Shorey needs to get his ideas together and fast. Been disappointing for us this season and should have been the obvious replacement today, but a centre back takes his place. On last seasons form he'd have started today!

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 17 Oct 2007 16:00

Totally agree.....................I hope he's sees this as the wake up call it should be.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 17 Oct 2007 18:36

England would have won if Shorey had played against Russia.

Flippin Lescott was at fault for the Russian winner. Shorey would have been first to the ball.

Also that Russian geezer skinned Lescott a couple of times. If Shorey had played England would have defended better on the flank and would have had more attacking flair going forward.

McLaren really FFffd it up this time by leaving Shorey out.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 17 Oct 2007 18:47

Not hw the commentetors saw it TF !
They were saying how well the entire defence had played (for 68 minutes at least....)

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 17 Oct 2007 18:49

Woodcote Royal Totally agree.....................I hope he's sees this as the wake up call it should be.

Except it'll be the wake-up call that tells him he is going to have to leave and play for a "bigger club" if he wants to ever be selected for England

Thank you Lescott :evil:

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 17 Oct 2007 19:42

Let's face it. Shorey's made his mind up. He's not in his comfort zone cause he's in the England team, he's in his comfort zone cause he knows sooner or latter he's gonna get a life changing contract at West Ham. We've all heard the figure branded around for West Ham contract offers and despite what Eggert reckons there's no wage cap. I'd say Shorey's been offered double the 20k we offered, minimum.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 17 Oct 2007 19:50

Behindu Not hw the commentetors saw it TF !
They were saying how well the entire defence had played (for 68 minutes at least....)

Then the "commentetors" were wrong.

Lescott was clearly at fault for the winner.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Oct 2007 19:51

Top Flight England would have won if Shorey had played against Russia.

Flippin Lescott was at fault for the Russian winner. Shorey would have been first to the ball.

Also that Russian geezer skinned Lescott a couple of times. If Shorey had played England would have defended better on the flank and would have had more attacking flair going forward.

Sorry, but that's just wrong. Even as a LB Lescott > Shorey at the moment.

Oi Oi Saveloy
Location: Going crackers for Cararcas, or bonkers for Belgium

by Oi Oi Saveloy » 17 Oct 2007 20:07

Top Flight England would have won if Shorey had played against Russia.

Most subjective RTG comment in the history of hobnob.

Words fail me.

255 posts