RFC claims to fame

285 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Oct 2007 13:34

newbiscuit Also, in the early 1980's, some of the boys used to go round and shag Alan Lewis's Ex-missus!

Have you still got that photo?

Oops, responded to wrong post! :oops:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 25 Oct 2007 13:45

Gordon Cumming's right ho Had a wazz standing next to Martin Williams at The Valley.

Shook Mr Mad's hand at Boothferry Park when he came for a pre match walkabout... And then tolf 1elsh Windbag he reminded me of female genitalia while we were filling up with petrol on the M1 on way back

Coached by Tommy Youlden, Bruce Stuckey and Brian Carnaby on weekly basis at school... Tommy is a top geezer

Was supposed to be fan of 70s for opening of Mad House but couldnt make it much to Dirk Gently's advantage

Got cautioned at Hillsborough for miaowing at a police dog on way to ground

Tom Youlden was my examiner for my UEFA 'B' badge a good few years ago, and he hosted the Child Protection refresher course that I did last year.

After that, I had a chat with him and I mentioned to him the goal that never was against Rochdale, even though I was too young to see the match, that's what I remembered the name from...

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 25 Oct 2007 13:46

RoyalBlue
newbiscuit Also, in the early 1980's, some of the boys used to go round and shag Alan Lewis's Ex-missus!

Have you still got that photo?

Oops, responded to wrong post! :oops:

Be careful what you ask for.....

SwedeRoyal

by SwedeRoyal » 25 Oct 2007 14:38

Meridian TV did an interview with me in Gavle before the pre-season game against Gefle. I have a tape to prove it.

comeonthebiscuitmen

by comeonthebiscuitmen » 25 Oct 2007 14:48

paultheroyal Oh forgot another one -

I bought a latino budgie off Jeff Hopkins dad who had an aviary.

that is priceless

i don't even care that its clearly made up.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 25 Oct 2007 14:58

Trevor Senior used to live with me, so we've been on holiday together etc and he came to our wedding a few years ago and we're still in touch. He'll be at the Boro game if anyone's interested...

Steve Wood and his then girlfriend, Alison, brought our first house off us.

I've also had Dave Crown as a visitor to the house.

Spoken on the telephone to Maurice Evans.

Danced with Jerry Williams at a player's do once and Lawrie Sanchez asked me if I was his girlfriend, which, sadly for me at the time, I wasn't.

Shared the same birthday as Dean Horrix, although he was a year younger than me. RIP

Friend used to go out with Jeff Hopkins, another friend used to go out with Michael Gilkes (many years ago obviously) - see Gilkesy occasionally at son's school as his son also goes there.

Met Simon Cox at Radio Berks when we were on there together, he added me as his friend on facebook and asks after me when he speaks to Muppet occasionally. Have also had Shane Long as a guest in the house and I had to take him up to the club one morning in my mini and he liked it. (The mini). That's all for now, but if I think of any more, I'll be sure to tell you all! :wink:

Broxroyal

by Broxroyal » 25 Oct 2007 16:38

I knew Rod Thornhill's aunt and she obtained for me, via Rod, the autographs of the entire Reading squad circa 1967.

pearcetom

by pearcetom » 25 Oct 2007 16:58

alex pearce has the same surname as me......

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 25 Oct 2007 17:32

Royal Lady Trevor Senior used to live with me, so we've been on holiday together etc and he came to our wedding a few years ago and we're still in touch. He'll be at the Boro game if anyone's interested...

Steve Wood and his then girlfriend, Alison, brought our first house off us.

I've also had Dave Crown as a visitor to the house.

Spoken on the telephone to Maurice Evans.

Danced with Jerry Williams at a player's do once and Lawrie Sanchez asked me if I was his girlfriend, which, sadly for me at the time, I wasn't.

Shared the same birthday as Dean Horrix, although he was a year younger than me. RIP

Friend used to go out with Jeff Hopkins, another friend used to go out with Michael Gilkes (many years ago obviously) - see Gilkesy occasionally at son's school as his son also goes there.

Met Simon Cox at Radio Berks when we were on there together, he added me as his friend on facebook and asks after me when he speaks to Muppet occasionally. Have also had Shane Long as a guest in the house and I had to take him up to the club one morning in my mini and he liked it. (The mini). That's all for now, but if I think of any more, I'll be sure to tell you all! :wink:

Namedropper.

You've had a lot of men in your house it seems. :shock:

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 25 Oct 2007 18:12

pearcetom alex pearce has the same surname as me......

.....and me.Common as muck.

loyal1

by loyal1 » 25 Oct 2007 18:29

turned down a lift from roger smee, we were walking along the junction to get the no.17 bus to EP when he pulled up at the side and asked if we were going to the game and do we need a lift,we were only about 10 at the time so we said no your alright were get the bus.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 25 Oct 2007 18:32

loyal1 turned down a lift from roger smee, we were walking along the junction to get the no.17 bus to EP when he pulled up at the side and asked if we were going to the game and do we need a lift,we were only about 10 at the time so we said no your alright were get the bus.

Did he offer you any sweets?

Faye

by Faye » 25 Oct 2007 18:54

on page 5 "RG30" said they knew me, and knew how old i am......who are you!?!?! and it's hardly a "claim to fame" is it!?!
how many years ago did my dad work at reading!?

oh and to whoever said "is she corrupt!?" i'm 19! i'm not corrupt and neither is my dad thank you very much!

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 25 Oct 2007 19:12

I did the hlaf time shoot out back at Elm Park and scored in front of the Tilehurst Rd end.

You can see me very clearly on the pitch after the Derby game when we won the league as I have m yellow shirt on and am look at the empty stand. Afterwards I did the 'Kingsley slide' and had a burn on my arm for nearly a month as a result.

Mick Gooding watched a few games I played in back when I was 13 and Neville Roach did the awards night for the club I was with (Manor Colts)

Oh, and my Dad went to Wales last year to meet with a social worker who turned out to be Gareth Davies

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Oct 2007 19:45

comeonthebiscuitmen
paultheroyal Oh forgot another one -

I bought a latino budgie off Jeff Hopkins dad who had an aviary.

that is priceless

i don't even care that its clearly made up.

i promise you its absolutely true. 100% genuine. Called it Busby as well.

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL

by PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL » 25 Oct 2007 20:00

was rfc mascot when we beat notts county curtisy of an own goal and the one and so far only streaker at the mad stand

thats all i have but im by no means plastic

Christof

by Christof » 25 Oct 2007 21:36

I am distantly related to Robin Friday - my Mum's uncle was his uncle. Never met him though... :(

Beef

by Beef » 25 Oct 2007 21:56

I went to a Colchester Utd game when we werent playing one saturday and wore my hoops - Time Team was filming at half time, something to do with chariot race crowds being like todays football crowds or something. 6 months later my mum rang one sunday afternoon to tell me she'd just seen me on the telly behind Baldrick's shoulder...apparently the hoops really stood out as the Colchester fans were obviously wearing stripes...

gn1982

by gn1982 » 25 Oct 2007 23:20

1) I claim full credit for our draw at Brentford to win promotion. I was commissioned to make a video to show to the team on the coach. It had a few mins of misses and silly defensive errors accom by fantasia music, followed by mike bassett's ht teamtalk where he swears and throws stuff around the dressing room in the film, followed by several mins of goals accom by a soundtrack suggested by james harper (he supplied the dvd player to hlep with the project) and finally the speech by al pacino in any given sunday.

2) I am responsible for the safety gate going up after every home game - it actually helps with traffic flow - gets buses in quicker

3) I suggested the current post-match bus pick-up points (i wanted permanent bus stops)

4) I (along with the rest of "The Barmy Army") sponsored michael meekers accessories in our last season at Elm Park

5) I was in charge of installing the segregation aisles in the stadium and to compensate for the loss of the seats, i found space to fit in extra seats that actually increased the stadium capacity (those lovely seats fixed ot metal platforms in the top corners of the nw and sw stands are my idea!)

6) I am Steve Coppell. (not really)

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Oct 2007 23:21

When we were 1-0 down at home against McGhee's Wolves with minutes to go and the Southbank was dead, as a chantstarter I singlehandedly screamed the chant "F*ck off Mark McGhee" from the depth of my soul amongst a silent Southbank... very quickly the rest of the Southbank joined in, lifted the team...

...and the rest is history. :D :D :D

285 posts