46%
Rosenior
54%

Total votes: 111
Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 02 Nov 2007 08:44

rotherwick_royal The ironic thing about all this is that Seol left because he wanted a regular place in the team. Had he stayed he could well have played every game this year, probably more than he's played for Fulham.

It's not a like-for-like comparison anyway. I would choose Rosenior over Seol but we need a right wing more than a right back. No doubt about about Seol's talent, but like nearly everyone else I questioned his commitment. Just because you are good at what you do doesn't mean you can sit back and relax. Would anybody else get away with that without people thinking they're not up to the job?

We couldn't have kept Seol. He wanted to hang around in London with Korean friends if he wasn't go to play every game - he'll be quite happy at the moment, and will probably set the championship alight with Fulham next year.

Rosenior has to prove himself, as do all of our recent signings. Maybe Coppell should just accept that they are not going to be as good as Sidwell, a fit Little, or a younger faster Murty and just give Fae, Cisse, Rosenior, etc a chance to show what they can do.

Those who complain about Madejski or Coppell not investing in the side need to see that we just can't afford to buy players who are already good enough for the premiership - they'll want £2 million a year in wages. We have to be patient and develop what we can afford. We have to wait and see who improves. It can be frustrating, but it is more fun than being West Ham or Man City fan where there is a conveyor belt of expensive crap coming in and out of the club the whole time.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 02 Nov 2007 08:59

Handsome Man It can be frustrating, but it is more fun than being West Ham or Man City fan where there is a conveyor belt of expensive crap coming in and out of the club the whole time.

I'd imagine being a Man City fan has been a lot of fun for the majority of this season !

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 02 Nov 2007 09:53

floyd__streete It comes as no surprise to me to see Rosenior currently edging this poll. I think many of you would prefer a Championship standard team of triers that we seem to be trying to assemble at RFC these days.

Here's some food for thought - Seol's strike rate for Reading was far, far greater than the sainted Glenn Little's.

but no way near generating the number of goals glen did through assists

and like i said trying is the very very least we should expect

i think the board would be perfectly happy with some skill in the team
hence why little is such a god
he does both, mercurial on the ball, but can be arsed to track runners and get back to help out when needed
something seol couldnt be arsed to even try

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 02 Nov 2007 09:56

Archie's penalty
Alan Partridge
Behindu
Alan Partridge But 90% of Reading fans prefer 'triers'. Sad state of affairs.

Not as sad as not realising you need both types.

A team full of Seol's would win you nothing.

A team full of Roseniors would win you nothing.

so why is it that we get ONE of the 'Seol types' in our team and they get slaughtered by the fans until they go?
Lita is next on this list btw.

Complete b*llocks. The only way you can compare the two is they both (I think) wanted or want away. Lita is not being hounded out for his talent but for his attitude.

does lita want away?

has anyone asked him?

he is going about it in a funny way, on current form im not sure theyll be queueing up

and lita attitude strikes me as particularly good, fights and videos aside
he works his socks off for the team, has worked really hard to improve the areas of his game that he was lacking in,and never pisses and moans about being stuck on the bench.
you is only saying that cos he is black

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 02 Nov 2007 11:48

No it's because he blatantly wants to play for a bigger team. Yes he needs to improve to get to one but he's an ambitious chap. Again I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it I just think that he'd prefer to be somewhere else. I think that Doyle and Kitson are focusing more on what they're doing at Reading and that is allowing them to play better. Of course they may want to move on but they realise the best way to do that is to focus on where they are now...

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 02 Nov 2007 11:55

I bow down in admiration for people who can deduce so much about a person from, well, next to nothing really.

Leroy has said and done nothing that I can see that suggests he 'wants to play for a bigger team' in any way other than anyone is ambitious to achieve as much as they can in their career.

Leory has expressed no unhappiness at being here, done nothing on the pitch to suggest unhappiness and said nothing in the media.

I guess I just don;t read body language (or minds !) as well as some !

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 02 Nov 2007 11:56

Archie's penalty No it's because he blatantly wants to play for a bigger team. Yes he needs to improve to get to one but he's an ambitious chap. Again I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it I just think that he'd prefer to be somewhere else. I think that Doyle and Kitson are focusing more on what they're doing at Reading and that is allowing them to play better. Of course they may want to move on but they realise the best way to do that is to focus on where they are now...

they wouldnt say so(Nor has lita) but the idea that any of the current reading squad hold reading FC to be the very pinnacle of their ambition is plainly daft

im sure doyle would rather be at united

kitson at spurs

shorey at west ham....

dont see what lita is doing differently to any of our players to be singled out like that

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 02 Nov 2007 13:32

I can not see Rosenior being a match winner against West Ham away but you never know.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 02 Nov 2007 13:42

brendywendy
Archie's penalty No it's because he blatantly wants to play for a bigger team. Yes he needs to improve to get to one but he's an ambitious chap. Again I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it I just think that he'd prefer to be somewhere else. I think that Doyle and Kitson are focusing more on what they're doing at Reading and that is allowing them to play better. Of course they may want to move on but they realise the best way to do that is to focus on where they are now...

they wouldnt say so(Nor has lita) but the idea that any of the current reading squad hold reading FC to be the very pinnacle of their ambition is plainly daft

kitson at spurs

shorey at west ham....

dont see what lita is doing differently to any of our players to be singled out like that

Of course the others want to play for bigger teams. I just think that Lita after his success in the premier last year and what he achieved in the u-21 tournament has got a bigger head than most. He is if anything our Reo Coker. I think he has it in him to score goals again and I will applaud him when he does I just think he needs to cast off his arrogance...

Maybe I could put it another way - have Kitson and Doyle ever shown an inch of arrogance? Doyle and Kitson are so loved by Reading fans because they get on with the job.

Saying all this - if Lita started scoring goals it wouldn't matter one bit to me that he was out pulling tarts...

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 02 Nov 2007 14:18

Archie's penalty
brendywendy

kitson at spurs

shorey at west ham....

Of course the others want to play for bigger teams. I just think that Lita after his success in the premier last year and what he achieved in the u-21 tournament has got a bigger head than most. He is if anything our Reo Coker. I think he has it in him to score goals again and I will applaud him when he does I just think he needs to cast off his arrogance...

Maybe I could put it another way - have Kitson and Doyle ever shown an inch of arrogance? Doyle and Kitson are so loved by Reading fans because they get on with the job.

Saying all this - if Lita started scoring goals it wouldn't matter one bit to me that he was out pulling tarts...

ok

im just not sure that leroys arrogance exists anywhere except in some peoples perceptions of him

if its just the way he walks and holds himself, or his eyebrows/boots, its a bit tenuous
or if its becuase someone saw him in a nightclub and he was a bit standoffish-he may just be a private person(videos aside)

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 02 Nov 2007 14:41

brendywendy
Archie's penalty
brendywendy

kitson at spurs

shorey at west ham....

ok

im just not sure that leroys arrogance exists anywhere except in some peoples perceptions of him

if its just the way he walks and holds himself, or his eyebrows/boots, its a bit tenuous
or if its becuase someone saw him in a nightclub and he was a bit standoffish-he may just be a private person(videos aside)

I think it's the way he holds himself, the way he sulks around and the way he celebrates goals.

Look I don't hate the guy - just like Kitson and Doyle a lot more...

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 02 Nov 2007 15:39

so its just the way he holds himself then-like i said, thats a bit tenuous to be forming a real opinion of someone
ive never seen him sulking around anywhere

and you dont like the way he celebrates?! jesus h christ, at least hes got to do it alot over the last two seasons.
you'd prefer the sheareresque one hand in the air jobby would you?
does a flash celebration make someone arrogant? then bikey must be well up himself.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 02 Nov 2007 15:45

biscuitsrus I can not see Rosenior being a match winner against West Ham away but you never know.

Much more likely to stop the opposition scoring than Seol though. But your average fan doesn't place as much emphasis on that.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 02 Nov 2007 15:59

rotherwick_royal
biscuitsrus I can not see Rosenior being a match winner against West Ham away but you never know.

Much more likely to stop the opposition scoring than Seol though. But your average fan doesn't place as much emphasis on that.

No shit Sherlock.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 Nov 2007 17:32

Rosenior is obviuosly Murty's replacement and has been given games to settle in. This will Murty's last season at full back...... we need more pace!

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 02 Nov 2007 18:03

Seol by a oxf*rd mile.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Nov 2007 18:32

Archie's Penalty:

Buy or borrow a copy of Marcus Hahnemann's Premiership diaries and see what he thinks of Leroy.

I think you're trying to deduce something that isn't there when you 'read' the signs that Leroy sends out!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 02 Nov 2007 19:16

RoyalBlue Archie's Penalty:

Buy or borrow a copy of Marcus Hahnemann's Premiership diaries and see what he thinks of Leroy.

I think you're trying to deduce something that isn't there when you 'read' the signs that Leroy sends out!

Yeah I just read about that on another thread. He still comes across as arrogant. Probably the fact he speaks so little means we don't have much to go on regarding his personality...

Bowman's Quiver

by Bowman's Quiver » 02 Nov 2007 19:49

I'm not quite sure how this topic morphed into a discussion about the attributes, attitude and actions of our man Leroy but such is HNA? world.

Back to the original debate. I liked Seol. I think all clubs at this level need and can afford to carry one player who might be described as a dilettante, capable of doing extraordinary things even if it's just the once in every game. Just occasionally that one thing leads to something spectacular and result defining.

In an age of prozone, media scrutiny and predicability, I think the sport needs that type of player, even with the inevitable baggage and disappointment that follow them.

Seol had that ability but as others have said he bears poor comparison to Glen Little who is undoubtedly the best right winger I've ever seen in the flesh. If his career had been less injury hit he'd surely have played for his country.

As for Rosenior it's far too early to make judgements although I'm sure a few fans will.

International Royal

by International Royal » 03 Nov 2007 01:47

Bowman's Quiver I'm not quite sure how this topic morphed into a discussion about the attributes, attitude and actions of our man Leroy but such is HNA? world.

Back to the original debate. I liked Seol. I think all clubs at this level need and can afford to carry one player who might be described as a dilettante, capable of doing extraordinary things even if it's just the once in every game. Just occasionally that one thing leads to something spectacular and result defining.

In an age of prozone, media scrutiny and predicability, I think the sport needs that type of player, even with the inevitable baggage and disappointment that follow them.

Seol had that ability but as others have said he bears poor comparison to Glen Little who is undoubtedly the best right winger I've ever seen in the flesh. If his career had been less injury hit he'd surely have played for his country.

As for Rosenior it's far too early to make judgements although I'm sure a few fans will.

I agree that we want to see skill. Little has it in spades and during the Championship season was sublime.

You can carry a player, but Seol wasn't good enough to be carried. Many of us have played for teams, whether Saturdays, Sundays, pub teams, in the forces, wherever. In those teams you know who the best player is and if he's a little idle (Seol or Jetlag was extremely lazy) you let it go, he was the best player. Most of us were piano shifters (at whatever level) and know you need piano players. The only problem is that Seol couldn't read music!

So I would take Rosenior any day but still hope for some more Little cameos.