Who would you keep?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Nov 2007 10:33

why does everyone want to get rid of harps?

he's a god

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Nov 2007 10:43

Your all missing the point, If a billionaire with cash to splash bought the club we can afford to keep all the existing players and strengthen.

Only when you strengthen a position and have cover should you allow spare players to move on, even then if you can afford to keep them as third of fourth choice why move them on?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 12 Nov 2007 10:46

Forbury Lion Your all missing the point, If a billionaire with cash to splash bought the club we can afford to keep all the existing players and strengthen.

Only when you strengthen a position and have cover should you allow spare players to move on, even then if you can afford to keep them as third of fourth choice why move them on?

Because whilst having a squad of 40 or 50 might be sustainable financially in those circumstances it would create big problems with lots of players having no chance of a game at any level. Better to move on the players quickly and avoid 'bad apple' syndrome

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 12 Nov 2007 13:50

SafetyRoyal I hope that never happens. Would ruin the point of football for me

What is the point of football in this context ?

Maybe we should go back to our roots and only play genuine amateurs, make them wear caps and play with tape for a crossbar.

When I started watching there was at least a chance of local lads making the team, but now that's a bit like the chances of winning the lottery.

Only the teams in lower divisions have the luxury (or is it necessity) of using local talent, and in most cases it's a contributory reason for them being where they are.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 12 Nov 2007 13:52

brendywendy why does everyone want to get rid of harps?

he's a god

He's god awful at the moment.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Nov 2007 13:57

Royalee
brendywendy why does everyone want to get rid of harps?

he's a god

He's god awful at the moment.

is he?

one of our consistently better performers in my book
not that thats saying much at the moment , granted

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 12 Nov 2007 14:01

£75 million wouldn't go far............ probably only far enough to condem us to 25 years in League 1 if the transfers didnt work out......

Once Wenger & Ferguson retire as managers, and Abramovich loses interest....... them Reading will be in pole position to take the crown. :shock:

sucatraps

by sucatraps » 12 Nov 2007 14:15

Everything has changed, I will never accept "Royals" in place of "Biscuitmen" personally, but the funniest thing is how much time, money and effort the "big clubs" are now spending on becoming "community clubs" check out the schemes they all run, they are what a community football club like ourselves have always done!