Moving on.......

Blue and White Toucan

Moving on.......

by Blue and White Toucan » 12 Nov 2007 23:45

Right Arsenal have come and gone and as we probably all expected taken 3 poits and played us off the park.

Moving on the games before the New Year are :-

Man C (A) - 1pt (Away jinx ended)
Boro (H) - 3pt (must win and 'Boro are poor)
Liverpool (H) - 1pt (Benitez will tinker with a must win game in Marseille the following Tuesday)
Brum (A) - 1pt (Brum on the way down)
Sunderland (H) - 3pt (Sunderland won't get a point here)
West H (A) - 0 pt (The West Ham jinx will be back)
Spurs (A) - 1pt (Shock Spurs with last minute Equaliser)

Currently played 13 and have 13 points.

I think that we will pick up 10 pts from these games. Leave us with 23 pts from 20 games.

Will be happy with that on New years eve.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 12 Nov 2007 23:48

Another 5-7 points from that. A couple of draws and a defeat to optimistic, me thinks.

Cookie

Re: Moving on.......

by Cookie » 13 Nov 2007 00:02

You have a good poit my friend but............

Blue and White Toucan Liverpool (H) - 1pt (Benitez will tinker with a must win game in Marseille the following Tuesday)

.......we can get all three from this one.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 13 Nov 2007 00:33

Man City away... Elano v Harper... hahahahaha, NIL POINT

Boro home... could go either way

Liverpool home... away win

Birmingham away... home win

Sunderland home... could go either way

West Ham away... home win

Spurs away... home win

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 13 Nov 2007 00:39

Err, Man City are third and have a 100% home record. 7 wins from 7 and only 2 goals conceded

Are Reading going to go there and get something from the game? :lol:

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 13 Nov 2007 03:23

The whole year inn Err, Man City are third and have a 100% home record. 7 wins from 7 and only 2 goals conceded

Are Reading going to go there and get something from the game? :lol:

I hope so as I'll be there

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 13 Nov 2007 03:32

A point is possible against Man City. They haven't been that great in the past month.

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 13 Nov 2007 07:22

Man C (A) - 1pts
Boro (H) - 3pts
Liverpool (H) - 0pt
Brum (A) - 3pts
Sunderland (H) - 3pts
West H (A) - 0 pt
Spurs (A) - 1pt Might get a point.

11pt not bad

woodley_royal_124

by woodley_royal_124 » 13 Nov 2007 08:00

Compo's Hat said
A point is possible against Man City. They haven't been that great in the past month.

Sven's Honeymoon period is rapidly coming to an end..........or it has already (not thinking of the result against Chelski recently ?! :))

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 13 Nov 2007 09:01

Nine points out of those games would be pretty good. Why anyone thinks we'll pick up points against Man C and Liverpool is utterly beyond me.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 13 Nov 2007 09:05

4 points between now & Christmas at best.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 13 Nov 2007 09:08

We've got to beat Boro and Sunderland at home and avoid defeat away to Birmingham. Anything else is a bonus.

I can't fathom how anyone expects us to get anything away at City. We're shocking away from home and they're superb at home.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 Nov 2007 09:56

doom and gloom

blahg blah blah

66DD

by 66DD » 13 Nov 2007 10:13

I think that our chances in the game with Liverpool hinge on whether Liverpool beat Porto on the preceeding Wednesday. If they do then they will need win away at Marseille on the following Tuesday. That being the case Benitez is not likely to risk his first choice players against the Royals; so we may be in with a chance to pick up a point or three up.

If Liverpool don't beat Porto then that's a different matter.

Blue and White Toucan

by Blue and White Toucan » 13 Nov 2007 14:14

southbank1871 Posted: 13 Nov 2007 10:08 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've got to beat Boro and Sunderland at home and avoid defeat away to Birmingham. Anything else is a bonus.

I can't fathom how anyone expects us to get anything away at City. We're shocking away from home and they're superb at home.

Sorry - Disagree. They were pretty ordinary against Sunderland and I think if we go at it we stand a good chance of nicking a point.

Anyway 1-0 against Derby, Birmingham, Aston Villa and Norwich doesnt really suggest 'superb at home' Ok they have got results but we have not scored in 3 games out of 13. so I will go for a 1-1 !!!!!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 13 Nov 2007 14:23

West Stand Flash 4 points between now & Christmas at best.

Hurray!

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 13 Nov 2007 14:30

Blue and White Toucan
southbank1871 Posted: 13 Nov 2007 10:08 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry - Disagree. They were pretty ordinary against Sunderland and I think if we go at it we stand a good chance of nicking a point.

Anyway 1-0 against Derby, Birmingham, Aston Villa and Norwich doesnt really suggest 'superb at home' Ok they have got results but we have not scored in 3 games out of 13. so I will go for a 1-1 !!!!!

I obviously hope that I'm wrong and you're right, but 7 wins out of 7 at home in the league this season is a superb record whichever way you look at it.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 13 Nov 2007 14:32

Funnily enough I thought last night that we could nick a point against Liverpool. However, being realistic, we can only reasonably expect to be competitive against Middlesbro (H), Birmingham (A) and Sunderland (H). Those are the only games we can expect to win, and frankly 2 home wins and a draw in Brum will be fine by me. 20 pts from 19 games up to & incl Sham away is job half done.

We are more fortunate this year in that we have Derby, Bolton and Wigan who look doomed already, (although Wigan may buck up once injuries mend). Couple that with Middlesbro, Sunderland (who despite all the bravado aren;t that good) and Brum (ditto), and we should just be OK.

This is the last year we can rely on the boys of 2005-06 though. There needs to be some serious recuritment in the next 6 monhts (i.e. 2 windows), if we are to survive a third straight year in Prem III. From the sound of things SC knows this, and we must just hope that Mr Mad doesn;t decide to take his Sky money and run. Just where HAS the Sky money gone to date? Does anyone know? Indeed, does anyone know when it's handed out? For all I know, this year's £30M or whatever, doesn't kick in until the end of season.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 13 Nov 2007 14:39

strap Funnily enough I thought last night that we could nick a point against Liverpool. However, being realistic, we can only reasonably expect to be competitive against Middlesbro (H), Birmingham (A) and Sunderland (H). Those are the only games we can expect to win, and frankly 2 home wins and a draw in Brum will be fine by me. 20 pts from 19 games up to & incl Sham away is job half done.

We are more fortunate this year in that we have Derby, Bolton and Wigan who look doomed already, (although Wigan may buck up once injuries mend). Couple that with Middlesbro, Sunderland (who despite all the bravado aren;t that good) and Brum (ditto), and we should just be OK.

This is the last year we can rely on the boys of 2005-06 though. There needs to be some serious recuritment in the next 6 monhts (i.e. 2 windows), if we are to survive a third straight year in Prem III. From the sound of things SC knows this, and we must just hope that Mr Mad doesn;t decide to take his Sky money and run. Just where HAS the Sky money gone to date? Does anyone know? Indeed, does anyone know when it's handed out? For all I know, this year's £30M or whatever, doesn't kick in until the end of season.

Two thoughts.

The same number of teams go down in their second as do their third and fourth (give or take one). I imagine this is basically where the players who got them up start really ageing and getting found out. I think teams think "blah got me up, kept me so he'll do it again" and as with last summer, this is just dangerous thinking. Players do get old, players don't always improve year on year.

I thought teams get the money at the end of season as its a measure of how well they will do in that season. So most teams budget in advance - we will get x million so we can spend that money now. We haven't.

Its not a case of going out and spending loads but getting the right players in the right places. We knew Little wouldn't be fit, we could imagine Seol would be off. So why didn't we sign a right midfielder. We knew Bryn might not be able to play 38 sets of 90 minutes, yet were almost expecting that of him.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 13 Nov 2007 14:53

Man C (A) - 0
Boro (H) - 3
Liverpool (H) - 0
Brum (A) - 1
Sunderland (H) - 3
West H (A) - 0
Spurs (A) - 0

That's how I look at it