Would you welcome Sidwell back?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 23 Nov 2007 11:57

SpaceCruiser
79Royal I'd take Craig Maskell back.

Betrayed us by going to the swindle scumbags. Never ever take him back. Nor Jimmy Quinn or Adie Williams!!!

How will you react when Simon Cox's loan ends?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 23 Nov 2007 12:08

Dirk Gently
SpaceCruiser

Betrayed us by going to the swindle scumbags. Never ever take him back. Nor Jimmy Quinn or Adie Williams!!!

How will you react when Simon Cox's loan ends?

That's a tricky one, he still is contracted to Reading and is trying to do well to show that he's good enough to play for Reading but should be doing the job of ensuring that Swindon is crap......so I don't know. ;)

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 23 Nov 2007 12:10

On loan no, but if we signed him then yes. It ain't gonna happen, absolutely no danger.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 23 Nov 2007 12:20

Riseley I would hold the opposite end of the red carpet from Woodcote Royal with one hand, whilst eating humble pie with the other.

:P

Actually, if it wasn't for African Nations Cup I thing this might be very much on the cards and could still happen despite it.

If we ended up paying half his wage whilst on loan until the end of the season, this would be about the same amount we offered and he turned down.

For whatever reason he hasn't been replaced and if it happened it would be because he wanted to come here.

He was nothing special in his last 2 seasons but rarely guilty of giving less than 100% and hasn't (surprise, surprise :roll: ) made the desired impact at the bridge.

IMHO, Coppell still over rates him and would probably go for it if offered the chance.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Nov 2007 12:35

Woodcote Royal
Riseley I would hold the opposite end of the red carpet from Woodcote Royal with one hand, whilst eating humble pie with the other.

Actually, if it wasn't for African Nations Cup I thing this might be very much on the cards and could still happen despite it.

If we ended up paying half his wage whilst on loan until the end of the season, this would be about the same amount we offered and he turned down.

For whatever reason he hasn't been replaced and if it happened it would be because he wanted to come here.

He was nothing special in his last 2 seasons but rarely guilty of giving less than 100% and hasn't (surprise, surprise :roll: ) made the desired impact at the bridge.

IMHO, Coppell still over rates him and would probably go for it if offered the chance.

What was the planned desired impact at the Bridge?

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 23 Nov 2007 13:19

Stranded
Woodcote Royal

What was the planned desired impact at the Bridge?

fill the bench till January so Wodders is right in that he ahsn't done it all yet

runrunrunrungilksey

by runrunrunrungilksey » 23 Nov 2007 14:56

WCBAP

Magicman

by Magicman » 23 Nov 2007 15:44

Yes if i did bump into him i would say "welcome back Steve"

if i didnt bump into him then i would have to say no

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Nov 2007 16:21

why wheres he gone?
have i missed something?

Cookie

by Cookie » 23 Nov 2007 21:38

Never say never. But how's a move like that going to help the integration of Fae and Cisse into the team. We have to focus on the longer term future of the club.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 23 Nov 2007 22:23

I actually think that this isn't a bad thread for once Gus. Whilst it is entirely speculative I think it is clear that most people do miss Sidders and wish he was back in the stripes.

He certainly knew how to run a midfield. Sure it's true that a lot of our players are playing worse than last year but they are not playing THAT much worse. Sidwell going has been a HUGE loss for us - I don't think anyone could deny it...

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 24 Nov 2007 08:40

he wouldn't take a pay cut so he won't be coming back, he proberbly wouldn't even consider a club as small as Reading anymore anyway now he's hit the big time.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 24 Nov 2007 09:09

without a shadow of doubt. i'd love to see him back in the blue and white hoops

shows how much of a quality player he was with brym struggling to replace him

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 24 Nov 2007 17:09

Starts for Chelsea tonight.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Would you welcome Sidwell back?

by Denver Royal » 24 Nov 2007 17:44

Gus the teenage cow I am not sure if I would be happy to see him return here. We could definitely use him and there is no doubting his talent but after the manner in which he left...

There was nothing about the manner of his departure that upset me. And even if there was, we aren't in a position of luxuary that we can be overly concerned with such stuff. We are trying to stay up. So if we could use him then yes, we should sign him. No brainer.