Televised fixtures

191 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Nov 2007 20:43

comeonthebiscuitmen
T.R.O.L.I.
Volvicanus Which games are schedules to be televised?

Next televised games:

Monday 12th November - Arsenal (H) - 8pm
Saturday 8th December - Liverpool (H) - 5:15pm
Wednesday 26th Decmeber - West Ham (A) - 1pm

The first two are on Setanta and the last one's on Sky.

is anyone planning on subscribing to setanta for these 2 games?
if you subscribe on say the 10th do you get til december 9th and therefor get both games? wouldnt be bad for £10

Just about to post that.

Good move for those not got Setanta.

TomCat

by TomCat » 05 Nov 2007 20:49

But you will have to give one months notice. So I suspoect that they will take £20 from you

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 05 Nov 2007 21:16

comeonthebiscuitmen
T.R.O.L.I.
Volvicanus Which games are schedules to be televised?

Next televised games:

Monday 12th November - Arsenal (H) - 8pm
Saturday 8th December - Liverpool (H) - 5:15pm
Wednesday 26th Decmeber - West Ham (A) - 1pm

The first two are on Setanta and the last one's on Sky.

is anyone planning on subscribing to setanta for these 2 games?
if you subscribe on say the 10th do you get til december 9th and therefor get both games? wouldnt be bad for £10

Plus your connection fee! and then if you let your subscription lapse and we get another couple of setanta games february and march you'd have to pay the connection fee again

comeonthebiscuitmen

by comeonthebiscuitmen » 21 Nov 2007 14:20

TomCat But you will have to give one months notice. So I suspoect that they will take £20 from you

thats right - i rang setanta and they said you cant just have 1 month. (so not better than prem plus then)

so i checked out the social club opposite my road.
all Setanta games live
Trappers Hat on Tap - a fine pint

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 21 Nov 2007 15:11

comeonthebiscuitmen
TomCat But you will have to give one months notice. So I suspoect that they will take £20 from you

thats right - i rang setanta and they said you cant just have 1 month. (so not better than prem plus then)

so i checked out the social club opposite my road.
all Setanta games live
Trappers Hat on Tap - a fine pint

D BOX or Eurobox is the way to go... I believe :lol:

Spotters Badge

by Spotters Badge » 21 Nov 2007 16:10

Dreambox is the way forward.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 21 Nov 2007 16:24

comeonthebiscuitmen

I didnt realise that when i drunkenly called up at 1.25am to watch the Calzaghe fight......... how long am i tied in for?

To the De'ath

by To the De'ath » 25 Nov 2007 10:29

Beware signing up for Setanta on Sky. :evil:

£9.99 per month
£10 connection fee
30 days notice required....

BUT
I've now found out that you can only give them 30 days notice after the initial 30 days have lapsed! So I phoned today to give notice, but they won't speak to me about it until 30 days after my subscription!

So it will cost a minimum of £30, and that's if you remember to cancel 30 days after subscription, and that's if you can get through to the customer services which meant holding for 20+ minutes in my case!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 30 Nov 2007 11:08

There was some discussion a few months ago about the legalities of watching non-Sky/Setanta broadcasts in pubs.

At last it looks like this is going to come to court, which is what Sky and the PL have been shi*t-scared of for a while. If they lose, expect the value of TV contracts to decrease - and legal experts say they are likely to lose.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/law/article2971334.ece

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 30 Nov 2007 11:18

Dirk Gently If they lose, expect the value of TV contracts to decrease - and legal experts say they are likely to lose.

And expect the price of residential subscriptions to rise.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Nov 2007 11:25

T.R.O.L.I.
Dirk Gently If they lose, expect the value of TV contracts to decrease - and legal experts say they are likely to lose.

And expect the price of residential subscriptions to rise.

And everyone to cancel and go back to watching the games down the pub as it works out cheaper.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 30 Nov 2007 12:01

Meanwhile, back to the televising of RFC fixtures - a quick look at the Sky and Setanta websites show that our league games in January aren't on TV which is a bionus.

Hopefully they'll both release the TV fixtures for the rest of the year pretty early in the New Year...

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 30 Nov 2007 12:06

T.R.O.L.I. Meanwhile, back to the televising of RFC fixtures - a quick look at the Sky and Setanta websites show that our league games in January aren't on TV which is a bionus.

Hopefully they'll both release the TV fixtures for the rest of the year pretty early in the New Year...

In your dreams! They commit to giving at least 6 weeks' notice of fixture changes - except for the last month or so of the season where fixture changes can be less advanced than that.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 30 Nov 2007 13:22

Dirk Gently
T.R.O.L.I. Meanwhile, back to the televising of RFC fixtures - a quick look at the Sky and Setanta websites show that our league games in January aren't on TV which is a bionus.

In your dreams! They commit to giving at least 6 weeks' notice of fixture changes - except for the last month or so of the season where fixture changes can be less advanced than that.

So if the tv schedules are up to the end of January, i'm guessing there will be some more televised fixtures announced in a couple of weeks.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 30 Nov 2007 13:25

Compo's Hat
Dirk Gently

So if the tv schedules are up to the end of January, i'm guessing there will be some more televised fixtures announced in a couple of weeks.

Yep - should be out by the middle of December at the latest.

Cookie

by Cookie » 30 Nov 2007 18:12

Dirk Gently There was some discussion a few months ago about the legalities of watching non-Sky/Setanta broadcasts in pubs.

At last it looks like this is going to come to court, which is what Sky and the PL have been shi*t-scared of for a while. If they lose, expect the value of TV contracts to decrease - and legal experts say they are likely to lose.

Well let's hope they don't lose, unless you're a supporter of a team outside the Premier League?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 30 Nov 2007 18:25

Cookie
Dirk Gently There was some discussion a few months ago about the legalities of watching non-Sky/Setanta broadcasts in pubs.

Well let's hope they don't lose, unless you're a supporter of a team outside the Premier League?

Or indeed a supporter of football as a whole....

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 11 Dec 2007 16:26

It would appear we won't be on Sky again in the immediate future after the West Ham game;

http://www.premierleague.com/page/TV/0,,12306,00.html

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Dec 2007 16:29

Suits me, 3pm kick offs for the forseeable future. Good stuff.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 11 Dec 2007 16:35

Though Setanta have yet to announce their remaining 16 live games post January

191 posts