Player ratings

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 01 Dec 2007 20:18

BLUES & ROYAL But he did not cost us the game!

Perhaps I am missing something here as I thought he kept us in it!

No you are right, completely right.

You can tell his confidence is wrecked, dodgy as hell on crosses, looking shakey but he made some important saves today. Really important.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 01 Dec 2007 20:19

He could have cost us the game with his fumbling and indecision but got away with it.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Dec 2007 20:19

When?

The save that kept us in it in the first half was only necessary because he parried the first shot so poorly!

Hahnemann's Hairdresser

by Hahnemann's Hairdresser » 01 Dec 2007 20:27

Armadillo Roadkill Hahnemann - 0
Shorey - 6
Ingimarsson - 6
Sonko - 5 after fight with Hahnemann - 8
Murty - 5
Hunt - 5
Harper - 5
Gunnarsson - 1
Convey - 7
Kitson - 8
Doyle - 6

A for the Hahnemann / Sonko incident: it was Hahnemann's call, it was in his area. I can't believe he shouted, as he ain't a quiet guy, so for me, he takes total responsibility. To then square up to Sonko, and then carry on after (Ingimarsson had to stop Sonko for going after Hahnemann) is a sackable offense, in my view: the first time ever I felt a player shouldn't be at the club, let alone in the starting 11.

:? So if there is no call from the keeper it means Sonko can just watch the ball go across his goalmouth to an opposition attacker? The only situation Sonko can be excused from total blame in that situation is if MH called for the ball himself, and even then Sonko should still be tracking his man and making sure he is offering the keeper some protection. MH had every right to shout at Sonko there, can you imagine that happening to the Man Utd mid 90's team and Schmiechel not shouting at anyone for it?! Sonko is the one in the wrong in this situation, but as Hahnemann isn't flavour of the week he will get blamed for it.

BLUES & ROYAL

by BLUES & ROYAL » 01 Dec 2007 20:29

RoyalBlue

When?

The save that kept us in it in the first half was only necessary because he parried the first shot so poorly!

FFS Its all down to the keeper then!

Was the the reason we had a couple of shots on goal all game?

Rich@Eaststand

by Rich@Eaststand » 01 Dec 2007 20:32

BLUES & ROYAL What is this vendetta against Hanneman?
He let in one goal today that he had no chance with because the heroic Superman lost his marker!

There isn't a vendetta. The problem is that he has been awful all season apart from the game at Man Utd and was pretty dodgy last season too.

He had no chance with the goal but was slow off his line all game.

Didn't dominate his area all game again.

Didn't communicate all game agian.

His distribution was awful again.

A guy his size shouldn't be afraid of coming into contact with other players.

He is getting less and less agile and becoming bigger and bigger.

He has also started moaning to the press about things, including his contract which made him look stupid. He has been a good servant to the club but doesn't have the divine right to be number 1 and on the basis of this season a keeper should be a must in January.

The past is past - we need to be looking at now and I'm afraid he isn't good enough.

Rich@Eaststand

by Rich@Eaststand » 01 Dec 2007 20:35

Hahnemann's Hairdresser :? So if there is no call from the keeper it means Sonko can just watch the ball go across his goalmouth to an opposition attacker? The only situation Sonko can be excused from total blame in that situation is if MH called for the ball himself, and even then Sonko should still be tracking his man and making sure he is offering the keeper some protection. MH had every right to shout at Sonko there, can you imagine that happening to the Man Utd mid 90's team and Schmiechel not shouting at anyone for it?! Sonko is the one in the wrong in this situation, but as Hahnemann isn't flavour of the week he will get blamed for it.

The keeper can see everything that is going on and should be talking to the defenders.

If Marcus called away then Sonko would of cleared the ball.

If Marcus hadn't stood, rooted in his six yard box, instead of coming out and taking the ball then the Boro player wouldn't of got a sniff of the ball and there wouldn't of been a problem.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 01 Dec 2007 20:50

Unfortunately today only our two tremendously hard-working strikers looked Premiership-class.
A strange game really where there were 4 left-wingers on the pitch,the best of whom being the only non-international,young Johnson.
A fairly depressing day because there really are so few options for Coppell in the next 6 games to improve on this starting eleven.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 01 Dec 2007 20:50

I think Sonko cannot be blameless - if in doubt he should have got it away, but it looked to me ike he deliberatly left it because he thought it must the keeper's. So, whilst neither is covered in glory by the incident, I still feel, in my own naive not-played-football-ever kinda way, that it was Hahnemann's ball or Hahnemann's call. We got neither.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 01 Dec 2007 21:16

It would have been 0-1 at halftime had Marcus not made the double save, it was him who blocked the shot and him who deflected the follow up onto the post. I'm not trying to cover the cracks here but these are the facts.

Marcus relies on his team mates to do a job, if they don't do theirs it makes his extremely difficult. Certainly why we conceded today.
Last edited by Skin on 01 Dec 2007 21:24, edited 1 time in total.

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 01 Dec 2007 21:17

Hahnemann - 4
Shorey - 6
Ingimarsson - 6
Sonko - 4
Murty - 6
Hunt - 6
Harper - 6
Gunnarsson - 4
Convey - 6
Kitson - 7
Doyle - 5

Subs:
Bikey - 6
Long - 6

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Dec 2007 21:31

bottom left hand corner Hahnemann - 4
Shorey - 6
Ingimarsson - 6
Sonko - 4
Murty - 6
Hunt - 6
Harper - 6
Gunnarsson - 4
Convey - 6
Kitson - 7
Doyle - 5

Subs:
Bikey - 6
Long - 6
sadly., it was a 4/10 game all round

maybe I should start wearing those Specsave glasses that I bought 6 years ago.

Despite the (normal miskicks)...........I thought Marcus had a decent game today.

Just Maybe, some of our fans vision is tainted because of the Marcus/Sonks ruck?

and sides are taken :?: :roll:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Dec 2007 21:54

Skin It would have been 0-1 at halftime had Marcus not made the double save, it was him who blocked the shot and him who deflected the follow up onto the post. I'm not trying to cover the cracks here but these are the facts.

The facts are also that he wouldn't have had to make that save had he done a better job with the first effort. Watch it on MOTD tonight and see how poor his first parry was. One of the first things keepers are taught is to get strong hands on the parry and push the ball out wide. He didn't do that.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Dec 2007 21:56

RoyalBlue
Skin It would have been 0-1 at halftime had Marcus not made the double save, it was him who blocked the shot and him who deflected the follow up onto the post. I'm not trying to cover the cracks here but these are the facts.

The facts are also that he wouldn't have had to make that save had he done a better job with the first effort. Watch it on MOTD tonight and see how poor his first parry was. One of the first things keepers are taught is to get strong hands on the parry and push the ball out wide. He didn't do that.
ok

what about the rest of the right decisions and saves? (bearing in mind I wasn't wearing my glasses)

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 01 Dec 2007 22:01

Without looking at anybody else's*

Hahnemann 3
Murty 6
Shorey 4
Ingimarson 6
Sonko 6
Gunnarson 2
Harper 7
Hunt 7
Convey ?
Doyle 5
Kitson 11

Did everybody else notice that Harper, Kitson and Hunt were the only ones who needed a drink after about 80 minutes?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Dec 2007 22:03

Jack Celliers Without looking at anybody else's*

Hahnemann 3
Murty 6
Shorey 4
Ingimarson 6
Sonko 6
Gunnarson 2
Harper 7
Hunt 7
Convey ?
Doyle 5
Kitson 11

Did everybody else notice that Harper, Kitson and Hunt were the only ones who needed a drink after about 80 minutes?
lol......now justify those scores

Marcus only 3?...........were you there?

Sonko 6?...were you there?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 01 Dec 2007 22:11

I want to know why it was Kitson trying to stop the cross for the goal and not Shorey.

Defensively his marking is poor at the moment.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 01 Dec 2007 22:15

Gordons Cumming I want to know why it was Kitson trying to stop the cross for the goal and not Shorey.

Defensively Shorey is poor at the moment full stop. His positioning is woeful and he doesn't have the pace to recover.

My Ratings

Hahnemann 6
Murty 6
Shorey 5
Ingimarsson 6
Sonko 4
Convey 4
Hunt 5
Gunnarsson 4
Harper 5
Doyle 5
Kitson 8

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Dec 2007 22:17

Alan Partridge
Gordons Cumming I want to know why it was Kitson trying to stop the cross for the goal and not Shorey.

Defensively Shorey is poor at the moment full stop. His positioning is woeful and he doesn't have the pace to recover.

My Ratings

Hahnemann 6
Murty 6
Shorey 5
Ingimarsson 6
Sonko 4
Convey 4
Hunt 5
Gunnarsson 4
Harper 5
Doyle 5
Kitson 8
the most accurate amongst the dross on here

...and we didn't even lose :D

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 01 Dec 2007 22:32

Both Sonko and Marcus were at fault for that incident - it was an easy ball for Marcus to come and collect, which he should have done but he was too fcuking slow off his line all day. When Sonko didn't get the call he should have put his head through the ball, you CANNOT let a ball pass you in the box like that!! Fcking basic.

Gunner, Sonko, Marcus, Convey, Doyle and Shorey were all well off the pace today, that's too many players. It's become more apparant that we played above ourselves last season and it's games like today where we're reminded that we're a Championship side - the same players would have lined up together in a game two years ago. Pretty impressive that we're still fighting in the Premiership really with the complete lack of new signings (less our most influential player) but we're going to have to invest in some quality (in centre of midfield espec) very soon if we're going to compete at a level we [the fans] are starting to expect.

No, we didn't lose, but the game was dismal - roll on Liverpool?