Eleven Stephen Hunts

162 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Dec 2007 00:48

Jeffers217 cor dear- Hunt is shocking, he is totally out of his depth in this league. I'd prefer Oster on the right. And afraid to say it but the team lacks a certain central midfielder- I think we have the worst centrel midfield in the leage
its "central" and you are wrong

look at Derby and Newcastle

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Eleven Stephen Hunts

by Forbury Lion » 02 Dec 2007 11:14

Cookie In his Match Of The Day interview Steve Coppell said he wouldn't mind ELEVEN Stephen Hunts in his team.

This probably says more about Coppell than it does about Hunt. :)
It says alot about Coppell's faith in Marcus Hahneman too if he's rather play Hunt between the sticks :wink:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 02 Dec 2007 11:38

Hunt is a 30 minute impact player. He the annoying little gimp that you want on the bench who comes on with 20-30 minutes left and totally drives already tired defenders completely batty and forces them to give away corners, free kicks and generally feel and act like a girl with a wasp about them.

royalshaker

by royalshaker » 02 Dec 2007 12:30

to gordon cummings i may be a newbie on here but i have been goin to games through good and bad times for many years and my opinion is just as valid as yours, who gives u right to slag off other peoples opinions :?:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Dec 2007 12:39

Alan Partridge None of our players lack passion or commitment....they lack quality.

Balls. The things they lack on the pitch at the moment are exactly passion and commitment. With a big dose of confidence and decisiveness missing too.

You can lose all of those things. You can't just randomly lose quality. The side showed they had quality the last two seasons. Not having the others just makes them look like they have no quality.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 02 Dec 2007 12:44

royalshaker to gordon cummings i may be a newbie on here but i have been goin to games through good and bad times for many years and my opinion is just as valid as yours, who gives u right to slag off other peoples opinions :?:

Here we go again.

As a relative noob myself, I would suggest that you just ignore the abuse and move on.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Dec 2007 12:44

royalshaker to gordon cummings i may be a newbie on here but i have been goin to games through good and bad times for many years and my opinion is just as valid as yours, who gives u right to slag off other peoples opinions :?:

He's not a newbie, and has proved himself to have reasonably useful opinions on occasion. You have not, so therefore posting that "Hunt is a liability" without any back up evidence or insight puts you in the reactionary idiot who doesn't know a lot grouping.

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 02 Dec 2007 12:48

As Peter Kay would say " what he lacks in talent he makes up in determination"

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 02 Dec 2007 13:07

Coppell's Right Footed 11 As Peter Kay would say " what he lacks in talent he makes up in determination"

well unfortunatly to survive in this league you need the talent, which most of the team, not just hunt, are lacking in

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 02 Dec 2007 13:34

winchester_royal
Coppell's Right Footed 11 As Peter Kay would say " what he lacks in talent he makes up in determination"

well unfortunatly to survive in this league you need the talent, which most of the team, not just hunt, are lacking in

hhmmmmm......

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 02 Dec 2007 15:18

Barry the bird boggler Hunt is a 30 minute impact player. He the annoying little gimp that you want on the bench who comes on with 20-30 minutes left and totally drives already tired defenders completely batty and forces them to give away corners, free kicks and generally feel and act like a girl with a wasp about them.

I agree.

His crossing and final product had actually significantly improved at the start of the season.

Cookie

by Cookie » 02 Dec 2007 15:35

The edits on Match of the Day probably flattered us but . . .

I think Kitson was unlucky not to have had a hat-trick.

Doyle played a perfect supporting foil

You could hear the crowd cheer when Hunty darted into their box from the right early on. (And let's not forget he was playing out of position)

Harper brought Convey into the game with some super lateral passes.

The workrate was superb, often when Aliadiere went on one of his diagonal runs into our box we had up four players shutting him out.

This is what The Times said.
Kitson, powerful, mobile and intelligent throughout, was his team’s best hope of scoring or creating goals. Predictably, perhaps, it was Kitson nine minutes into the second half who gave Reading the lead. There has been much criticism, often justifiably, of so-called route-one football, but there is no doubt that it can sometimes work. Hahnemann booted the ball downfield and Kevin Doyle headed the ball on to Kitson, who, showing he had technique to go with his power, lobbed it neatly and sweetly over the head of Turnbull.

Oh and Murty's timing was superb in preventing Sonko getting a black-eye. (which he will realise he deserved when he watches the VT of his performance)

Katie Marsden

by Katie Marsden » 02 Dec 2007 23:24

Hitler would have made a better left winger than Hunt.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 03 Dec 2007 08:55

royalshaker no hunt would be better he is a liability

oxf*rd off newbie.

Hunts effort is second to none to be fair.

Every week his touch is getting better.

Lets hope that the Morons dont all think like you

Fezza

by Fezza » 03 Dec 2007 09:07

Katie Marsden Hitler would have made a better left winger than Hunt.

When are we playing Tottenham again?

Trigger

by Trigger » 03 Dec 2007 20:19

Don't understand this. Hunt has been one of our better players this season, he's far more effective than any of our other wingers in the last five years with the exception of Little - Convey's never done it consistently enough. OK nobody except Kits is playing wonderfully at the moment but I tell you if Coppell wanted rid of him there would be premiership teams breaking his door down for Hunty.

The Brain

by The Brain » 03 Dec 2007 22:17

I must concur with the Hunt supporters. January will see Lita & Shorey leave and I would expect £10M+ of new players to com in.

Hunt will still be in the team, the reason being that he always give his all. OK he's not the worlds most skillful player but he always give his best for the hoops. I hope he's still here in the summer as he's good value and an honest player.

Me thinks the storm in coming where many of the Championship players we are used to will be swept away for new big money players.

Mr Mad just wants success (survival) now bugger the cost.

Hunt will still be here and playing this time next year.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 04 Dec 2007 01:54

its good that hunt may give effort which obviously you would expect from any player of any team but bottom line is he just aint good enough to play in the premiership week in week out!!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 04 Dec 2007 07:49

loyalroyal4life its good that hunt may give effort which obviously you would expect from any player of any team but bottom line is he just aint good enough to play in the premiership week in week out!!

Who would you replace him with then?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Dec 2007 08:19

Cookie Oh and Murty's timing was superb in preventing Sonko getting a black-eye. (which he will realise he deserved when he watches the VT of his performance)

You are having a laugh! That would have been a complete mismatch! Bugner v Ali. Chocolate brownie gorging USA v muscle pack Sonko. The only way the former would drop the latter would be with one of his guns!

162 posts