Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Dec 2007 10:24

winchester_royal
Row Z Royal
AthleticoSpizz
Row Z Royal
AthleticoSpizz Contraversial.......but Give Bikey a start

Not controversial at all. What will be controversial is where you want him to start.
in place of Sonko .......I confess

I was worried you'd say that.

I have to say that I'd like to see Bikey ahead of Boris in midfield. To drop Sonko when he's been out for 9months would be disasterous. No one can disagree that he had a shocker today, but he's our 'best' centre half, just lacking match sharpness and confidence.

The altercation with Hahnemann and the strips torn off him by Wally Downes (in the dressing room away from prying eyes) will no doubt sort him out. He's a tough guy and will have Fernando Torres in his pocket next weekend ( :D :shock: :oops: - you decide).

im afraid i cannot see the point in putting bikey in midfield when we have 2 promising young actual central midfielders, fae and cisse, waiting in the wings........bikey looked lost yesterday when he came on at cm

It's definitely a game of opinions!

I thought he looked damn good in central midfield, strong, composed and produced some excellent weighted passes.

I'd love to see him given a run in that position. He will get time on the ball because he's so damn strong no one can knock him off it! What's more when he runs at the opposing team, watch their buttocks clench!

WestUpperAA

by WestUpperAA » 02 Dec 2007 10:35

Dirk Gently
Uke After watching MOTD, its plainly obvious that Sonko heard a call.

Really? I couldn't tell that from watching.

I was sitting right behind the goal, and I clearly heard someone call "Marcus!" as the ball was coming in (not from the crowd). At the time I was sure it was Sonko who called it, but I could be mistaken...

Amongst the sheep

by Amongst the sheep » 02 Dec 2007 10:41

USA-5
MURTY-6
SHOREY-5
SONKO-4
INGI-6
CONVEY-5
HARPER-5
GUNNARRSON-4
HUNT-6
DOYLE-5
KITSON-8
BIKEY-6
LONG-5

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 02 Dec 2007 10:57

Didn't see MOTD. Mrs. Roadkill and all....

So, any further light on the Sonko / Hahnemann fiasco. If Sonko did hear a call, what was it "leave it?" or "clear it"?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 02 Dec 2007 11:37

WestUpperAA
Dirk Gently

Really? I couldn't tell that from watching.

I was sitting right behind the goal, and I clearly heard someone call "Marcus!" as the ball was coming in (not from the crowd). At the time I was sure it was Sonko who called it, but I could be mistaken...

You both deserve major whooshes and to be called plastics.

Now read my post again...

Unfortunately it was someone shouting "Jacks"

Tsk, Tsk

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 087859.stm

Next we begin work to repair your sarcasm detectors

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 02 Dec 2007 11:41

That was the worst I've seen Sonko play. I'd still back him to come back to have a great game against Liverpool but sadly that won't be enough to get anything on this team performance.

Marcus wasn't that bad but he wasn't that great either. Where's the unity at the back gone? We've now got the same back line as we had from much of last year but they look like they've never played together before.

Still think most of our problems are stemming from midfield though. In that department we were second best to Boro, which says it all. January will be a very important month for us, and not just on the pitch either.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 02 Dec 2007 11:43

Armadillo Roadkill Didn't see MOTD. Mrs. Roadkill and all....

So, any further light on the Sonko / Hahnemann fiasco. If Sonko did hear a call, what was it "leave it?" or "clear it"?

Should only ever be one of two calls:

'Keeper's'

'Away'

The keeper must make one of those calls.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Dec 2007 12:30

RoyalBlue

'Keeper's'

'Away'

And if the keeper doesn't give a call the defender shouldn't just stop and let the player though should he?

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Dec 2007 12:31

Anyone notice the NoTW ratings today??

Gunner -7
Harps -5

:?

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 02 Dec 2007 12:38

John Madejski's Wallet NoTW
Problem solved.

Broxroyal

by Broxroyal » 02 Dec 2007 13:35

John Madejski's Wallet
RoyalBlue

'Keeper's'

'Away'

And if the keeper doesn't give a call the defender shouldn't just stop and let the player though should he?

Agree. Keeper must make one of the two calls, he is the one that can see the whole picture. In this instance Hahnemann should have called for and claimed the ball.
However, if the defender does not get a call he must play the ball not leave it. So, both of them at fault in that incident.

URZ_forever

by URZ_forever » 02 Dec 2007 13:40

John Madejski's Wallet Anyone notice the NoTW ratings today??

Gunner -7
Harps -5

:?

Saw that at work...wondered if they were at the same game as me.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 02 Dec 2007 15:53

i said it after 5 minutes, there was something on Sonko's mind before the game!

did u see him emerge from the tunnel after the handshakes, he wasn't there mentally on saturday. something else, whats the point of having Cisse on the bench when he plays Bikey in centre mid. BIkey is a walking foul, he nearly gave away penalty 5 minutes after coming on.

Gunnar was poor, how he gets a game ahead of Fae is beyond me. Kitson was quality again and worked well with doyle. we need a cm, cb and right winger in the window and all will be fine once more

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 02 Dec 2007 15:54

John Madejski's Wallet
RoyalBlue

'Keeper's'

'Away'

The keeper is meant to control his defence so if he gives no call he is primarily to blame. That having been said, we don't know what if any call USA gave.

If USA had been set better there was still time for him to have collected the ball when it came over Sonko. Indeed I would argue the ball was there for him to collect in the first instance and he should have done so, rather than relying on his defender to try to head clear. In theory, you are far better placed when the ball is in your keeper's hands (although in USA's case I can see a problem with that theory!).

That wasn't the only incident in the game when USA was slow to come out.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 03 Dec 2007 09:08

Hahnemann 6 - Yes dodgy at times but some decent saves and it was his kick that led to the goal. Last season i would have blamed Hahnemann for having a rush of blood and coming to the edge of his area to punch the ball clear when it should be the the defender's responsibility to clear the ball, so he's completely blameless for the incident with Sonko.
Murty 6
Sonko 4 - I hardly ever give lower than a 5, so this shows what a poor performance it was from Sonko. Agree with a lot of what AP said, and on top of that he was nervous everytime he was on the ball. It was quite shocking how short of confidence he was.
Inga 7
Shorey 7
Hunt 6
Harper 7
Gunnarsson 5 - Poor passing, no tackling, i'm at a loss to understand why he's in the team.
Convey 6
Doyle 6 - Gains a mark for setting up the goal but other than that anonymous.
Kitson 8 - Superb link up play, excellent finish for the goal and most of our chances fell to him. Clear MOTM, it is slightly worrying how much we are relying on him though.
Bikey 6

Some will think these rating are generous, but did anyone see the fan ratings in the Observer yesterday by a guy called Ian Maynard? I swear he was watching a different game, all his ratings were at least 1 more than mine!
Last edited by KC Royal on 03 Dec 2007 15:39, edited 2 times in total.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 03 Dec 2007 09:24

Alan Partridge
Gordons Cumming I want to know why it was Kitson trying to stop the cross for the goal and not Shorey.

Defensively his marking is poor at the moment.

Defensively Shorey is poor at the moment full stop. His positioning is woeful and he doesn't have the pace to recover.

My Ratings

Hahnemann 6
Murty 6
Shorey 5
Ingimarsson 6
Sonko 4
Convey 4
Hunt 5
Gunnarsson 4
Harper 5
Doyle 5
Kitson 8

I thought the crowd was 22,000 plus yesterday. Looks like it was just me and you Partridge, as they pretty much marry my ratings.

Y25

by Y25 » 03 Dec 2007 09:40

The whole year inn The Reading midfield is not Premiership standard.

Hunt and particularly Gunnarsson would struggle to get in to any other Prem sides

We were piss poor on Saturday but we will probably bounce back and do the unthinkable and beat Liverpool

(I'm trying to be positive!!)

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 03 Dec 2007 15:40

I've changed Sonko to a 4, and also forgot Bikey who gets a 6. Bikey should have come on for Sonko and maybe if Coppell had agreed we might have won the game.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 03 Dec 2007 22:19

Kitson gets 10 for me. I thought he was absolutely awesome in a poor team..unusual for him. Hunt had a good game but no end product, Harper, Convey, Murty and Ivar were ok, the rest awful.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Dec 2007 22:22

Z175 Kitson gets 10 for me. I thought he was absolutely awesome in a poor team..unusual for him. Hunt had a good game but no end product, Harper, Convey, Murty and Ivar were ok, the rest awful.
KC Royal gave Nicky Shorey a 7