MOTD 15/12/07

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 08 Dec 2007 23:33

Row Z Royal
chilipepper91
Row Z Royal As an aside, Jacqui Oatley :x

Agreed, it just doesn't sound natural... After she was the "first ever female commentator" sometime last year I swear she was dropped for quite a while...

She was crap then, she's crap now and I can't imagine her being anything other than crap in the future.

I fast forwarded through the Everton match, it was giving me a headache. (seriously).

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 08 Dec 2007 23:47

crossie

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!

*BANG*

BANG BANG to be sure!!

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 09 Dec 2007 00:05

RE the penalty. It was never a penalty. I don't care what Lawro's dodgy graphic said, had it gone the other way we'd have been fuming.

Big lol at Torres injuring himself trying to dive for that penalty!

Big lol at Lawro's "they rotate their strikers to good effect" err, no we don't

Re Jacqui Oatley. I don't have any problems with women commentating on MOTD, they can't be worse than some of the ones they have. BUT she is just too high pitched and screechy for that time in the evening.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 09 Dec 2007 00:27

Y21_Royal BUT she is just too high pitched and screechy for that time in the evening.

That is definitly the issue. I honestly had to turn the volume down and fast forward, as it was giving me a headache. Plus I missed the everton goals :cry:

Nevermind though, I'll get through it.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 09 Dec 2007 00:28

Y21_Royal RE the penalty. It was never a penalty. I don't care what Lawro's dodgy graphic said, had it gone the other way we'd have been fuming..
I think people get confused because the players' bodies were outside the box. The point where Carragher's boot makes contact with gunnarsson decides whether it was a pen or not, and that, as the graphic showed, was on the line.

saying that, it's very rare we concede a penalty I agree with, and very rare that we get one I don't agree with.

Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 09 Dec 2007 00:31

Y21_Royal Re Jacqui Oatley. I don't have any problems with women commentating on MOTD, they can't be worse than some of the ones they have. BUT she is just too high pitched and screechy for that time in the evening.
it just sounds "wrong". I think she's trying too hard to do it like the male commentators. After all, they do often have a woman doing the goals round-up at the end of the news and there's no problem with that, but she does somehow have a fingernails down the blackboard effect on the ears on match of the day.

crossie
Hob Nob Regular

by crossie » 09 Dec 2007 00:39

Y21_Royal Re Jacqui Oatley. I don't have any problems with women commentating on MOTD, they can't be worse than some of the ones they have. BUT she is just too high pitched and screechy for that time in the evening.
it just sounds "wrong". I think she's trying too hard to do it like the male commentators. After all, they do often have a woman doing the goals round-up at the end of the news and there's no problem with that, but she does somehow have a fingernails down the blackboard effect on the ears on match of the day.

It's almost as if she's reading it from a bit of paper! Just acting it and, yes, trying to be like the male commentators.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 09 Dec 2007 00:43

crossie

It's almost as if she's reading it from a bit of paper! Just acting it and, yes, trying to be like the male commentators.

Agree with that. It's like she's on queue from someone, and when they tell her too, she reads the line out from the piece of paper - without even looking at the screen.

Also, why does everything she say have to end LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!

It's not amazing news to say "HE PASSES THE BALL!!!!, GOOD CONTROL!!!! AWWW, IT'S OUT FOR A THROW IN!!!!"

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 09 Dec 2007 00:58

I fooking love Lawro :shock:

he said all the right things tonight

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Dec 2007 01:00

Geekins I fooking love Lawro :shock:

he got one of two of our draws right last season :wink:

Cookie

by Cookie » 09 Dec 2007 01:19

Awesome performance - Harps what a strike!!!!

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 09 Dec 2007 08:23

Geekins I fooking love Lawro :shock:

Lawro makes more sense than some of the emotional and feast or famine fans.

There is no way that we are going down, we're too good at home.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 09 Dec 2007 08:25

agree with most comments on here. I am surprised no-one commented on the nature of Carragher's challenge for the penalty, it was almost as bad as Hunt's at Man City. Should have been at least yellow. As well as a penalty.

Fezza

by Fezza » 09 Dec 2007 08:42

Don't give a fook about the penalty, we won by two goals, shove that up your pipe and smoke it Rafa!

The Cube

by The Cube » 09 Dec 2007 08:53

Row Z Royal
chilipepper91

Agreed, it just doesn't sound natural... After she was the "first ever female commentator" sometime last year I swear she was dropped for quite a while...

She was crap then, she's crap now and I can't imagine her being anything other than crap in the future.

But that's no different from any of their other commentators and she is by no means the worst.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 09 Dec 2007 10:47

The Cube
Row Z Royal
chilipepper91

But that's no different from any of their other commentators and she is by no means the worst.

True, but you don't have to have the hearing of a bloodhound to understand John Motson.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 09 Dec 2007 10:54

I have to concur - the commentary was excruciating to my ears.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Dec 2007 11:00

crossie

Agreed. She sounds as bad as Dellor did on that awful DVD that Meridian produced for RFC a couple of seasons back. Very much like she has written and recorded her commentary (based on all the usual male cliches) after the match has taken place.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 09 Dec 2007 11:03

RoyalBlue
crossie

Agreed. She sounds as bad as Dellor did on that awful DVD that Meridian produced for RFC a couple of seasons back. Very much like she has written and recorded her commentary (based on all the usual male cliches) after the match has taken place.

LOL who's idea was it to let a woman commentator commentate on MOTD !

by 1960 » 09 Dec 2007 11:06

I don't care if they were penalties or not. Liverpool have had some outrageous decisions in their favour, so it's about time they got it back.