Hahnemann - The facts

Rich@Eaststand

by Rich@Eaststand » 11 Dec 2007 18:10

Ian Royal
Rich@Eaststand
londinium
Royalee He had a decent game on Saturday - the whole team did.

I'd like to see you watch some of the other games this season and relay the facts from those games though.

You still don't get it!

I know full well that he hasn't been great this season and I am the first to say that his kicking is normally awful and he doesn't come for enough crosses and he is slow off his line.

But the point is that I don't say any of that when he has a good game, as it just clouds the minds of others who didnt see the game in to thinking that 'Marcus was shit' again, when that is not the case.

He didn't have a good game - he had an ok game which is pretty much the best we have got out of him since the opening day of the season.

A bit worrying that you are wetting yourself over it!

Balls, he put in a couple of cracking perfomances at the start of the season when the team were doing ok.

He played well at Man Utd. I'm struggling to think of any others.

Oi Oi Saveloy
Location: Going crackers for Cararcas, or bonkers for Belgium

by Oi Oi Saveloy » 11 Dec 2007 20:56

Hahnemann is the least of our worries at the moment. OK, he aint the best GK in the division (by some distance) and he is not as agile as he used to be, but he rarely makes glaring mistakes and is farly dependable.

If the chance to sign a better GK at the right price come along in Jan, then I'm sure SC would do it, but as mentioned replacing Hahnemann is not a priorty now. At the end of the season it could be a different matter, and I think reading between the lines, our failure to hand him a new contract at this stage may be a fair reflection of our intentions.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 11 Dec 2007 21:28

Has Hahnemann become a bad keeper all of a sudden?

Wasn't he high up on the stats last year?

It's the defence that is letting him down this year, not him.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Dec 2007 22:00

Gordons Cumming Has Hahnemann become a bad keeper all of a sudden?

Spot on. He may not be in top form, but it's the fact that in a lot of games teams have been wandering through our midfield and defence at will and taking pot shots whenever they want that is causing problems.

Rich@Eaststand

by Rich@Eaststand » 12 Dec 2007 18:28

Ian Royal

Spot on. He may not be in top form, but it's the fact that in a lot of games teams have been wandering through our midfield and defence at will and taking pot shots whenever they want that is causing problems.

So are you saying he is shell shocked went he punts the ball out of play, is slow off his line, doesn't communicate with his defense, fails to take crosses, flaps, misjudges shots as well as letting the ball bounce off of him regularly, often back to the opposition instead of away from danger?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Dec 2007 18:36

Equally you could argue that it was they who did so much to help him last year!!

I think the blame can be shared amongst them all including USA. He certainly isn't playing as well as last season and I suspect would admit as much himself.

Royal Spangle

by Royal Spangle » 12 Dec 2007 19:41

Rich@Eaststand i'm with you on this one!

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 12 Dec 2007 20:03

Just thank baby Jesus we don't have Jens Lehmann.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 12 Dec 2007 20:43

AbovetheI Just thank baby Jesus we don't have Jens Lehmann.

Or indeed baby Londinium

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Dec 2007 21:52

Rich@Eaststand
Ian Royal

So are you saying he is shell shocked went he punts the ball out of play, is slow off his line, doesn't communicate with his defense, fails to take crosses, flaps, misjudges shots as well as letting the ball bounce off of him regularly, often back to the opposition instead of away from danger?

No I'm saying he's not in the best of form and he can't rely on his defence which is putting him off even more. He can't rely on the midfield either so he's having to lump balls up to the wing. Sometimes they go out. Same with every keeper. Hasn't seemed slow off his line to me, I've seen him rushing out to block players several times when they've waltzed through the defence like they arn't there.

It's very easy to make a keeper a scapegoat for the unimaginitive. I happen to be quite capable of not making rash judgements without analysing all the information.

Cookie

by Cookie » 12 Dec 2007 22:08

Geekins Can i just say:

USA USA USA USA!

In Marcus' book he said one of his best attributes was his kicking. Just a side note he also set up our goal last week verses Boro where a punt up the park was nodded on by Doyle to Kitson who finished off with that lob.

I like Marcus and he adores us the fans also. You never get that kind of loyalty nowadays. Maybe he could tell Lita or Shorey a thing or two.

I don't often linger very long after the match but this week I did, expecting the team to acknowledge the fans' effort and vice-verca.
That didn't happen.
But Marcus did give up his shirt to a fan and went around the ground applauding us.
Last edited by Cookie on 16 Dec 2007 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

Rich@Eaststand

by Rich@Eaststand » 12 Dec 2007 22:12

Ian Royal
Rich@Eaststand
Ian Royal

No I'm saying he's not in the best of form and he can't rely on his defence which is putting him off even more. He can't rely on the midfield either so he's having to lump balls up to the wing. Sometimes they go out. Same with every keeper. Hasn't seemed slow off his line to me, I've seen him rushing out to block players several times when they've waltzed through the defence like they arn't there.

It's very easy to make a keeper a scapegoat for the unimaginitive. I happen to be quite capable of not making rash judgements without analysing all the information.

I'm well aware of the other issues that can affect a keepers form. I don't think that they make up for the fact that he seems to be rapidly declining. The same issues were there last season too, they are highlighted more though as the team isn't doing as well.

I'm not making him a scapegoat for the team, there are obviously other areas that need looking at. I don't think that that makes him exempt from criticism though. I think that he has been poor this season and is part of the problem, not the whole problem.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 12 Dec 2007 22:22

Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics :wink:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Hahnemann - The facts

by Millsy » 12 Dec 2007 22:36

londinium O.K. this is a special message for Silas and West Stand flash and all the others that slag off Marcus without any facts whatsoever.

West Stand reckons that he 'actually lost count the amount of times he (Marcus) just lumped the ball out of play' and Silas rates it as 'Woeful and worst than ever' for the Liverpool game.

Well, I just watched the game again and noted all the stats on Marcus.

Shots on target that he had to save - 6
Saves - 5 (just the goal that beat him and he didnt really stand much of a chance on that one)

Had possession 34 times.

Rolled out -5 times
Kicked 29 times

Of his 29 kicks the stats are:-

At Doyle 7 (Doyle won 6)
At Kitson 9 (Kits won 7)
At a.n.other Reading player 9(won 6)
Kicked out of play 4 (of which twice he had strikers rushing at him)

So all in all of the 27 kicks he had under no pressure he kicked it out(lumped out of play) a grand total of TWO times - Hardly Woeful or Worst than ever was it Silas.

West Stand Flash you obviously cant count over TWO!!!!

Please back up your flipant remarks with Facts.

Rant over.

Firstly, as I doubt any of us has the time or energy to analyse the game I have to point out that these 'facts' are according to you only and we have to trust them.

Secondly, is it not possible that a run of games of poor performances have lead to this negativity? i.e. consecutive goal leaks of 3+ goals per game and an inability to organise a defence? So although THIS particular game *may* have been facts-wise ok, on the backdrop of horrendous previous games perhaps faith has already been lost? And therefore pointing to the stats of this game are rather irrelevant?

Thirdly, congratulations with the baby mate! ;)

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Hahnemann - The facts

by londinium » 13 Dec 2007 01:59

2 world wars, 1 world cup
londinium O.K. this is a special message for Silas and West Stand flash and all the others that slag off Marcus without any facts whatsoever.

West Stand reckons that he 'actually lost count the amount of times he (Marcus) just lumped the ball out of play' and Silas rates it as 'Woeful and worst than ever' for the Liverpool game.

Well, I just watched the game again and noted all the stats on Marcus.

Shots on target that he had to save - 6
Saves - 5 (just the goal that beat him and he didnt really stand much of a chance on that one)

Had possession 34 times.

Rolled out -5 times
Kicked 29 times

Of his 29 kicks the stats are:-

At Doyle 7 (Doyle won 6)
At Kitson 9 (Kits won 7)
At a.n.other Reading player 9(won 6)
Kicked out of play 4 (of which twice he had strikers rushing at him)

So all in all of the 27 kicks he had under no pressure he kicked it out(lumped out of play) a grand total of TWO times - Hardly Woeful or Worst than ever was it Silas.

West Stand Flash you obviously cant count over TWO!!!!

Please back up your flipant remarks with Facts.

Rant over.

Firstly, as I doubt any of us has the time or energy to analyse the game I have to point out that these 'facts' are according to you only and we have to trust them.

Secondly, is it not possible that a run of games of poor performances have lead to this negativity? i.e. consecutive goal leaks of 3+ goals per game and an inability to organise a defence? So although THIS particular game *may* have been facts-wise ok, on the backdrop of horrendous previous games perhaps faith has already been lost? And therefore pointing to the stats of this game are rather irrelevant?

Thirdly, congratulations with the baby mate! ;)

Firstly - the facts are correct , I have no reason to make them up.

Secondly - the idea of the exercise was to prove that some people have no idea of what actually happened during a game and just spout junk on here stating what they think happened or saying something totally contarary to the facts just to back up their arguement - and people believe them.

I well know Marcus hasnt been great this season, but when he has a good game and has done nothing really wrong, he doesnt deserve a slating because of his previous performances. This goes for all players.

Thirdly - cheers mate, as you can tell by the time of this post, baby Londinium is still up and raring to go, whereas my eyes are being held open only by matchsticks and my willingness to defend RFC players against misguided facts.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 Dec 2007 10:23

Cookie
Geekins Can i just say:

USA USA USA USA!

In Marcus' book he said one of his best attributes was his kicking. Just a side note he also set up our goal last week verses Boro where a punt up the park was nodded on by Doyle to Kitson who finished off with that lob.

I like Marcus and he adores us the fans also. You never get that kind of loyalty nowadays. Maybe he could tell Lita or Shorey a thing or two.

I don't often linger very long after the match but this week I did, expecting the team to acknowledge the vans effort and vice-verca.
That didn't happen.
But Marcus did give up his shirt to a fan and went around the ground applauding us.

apart from marcus and murts(who was going off injured)
no one ever comes and says thanks

its like they dont care!

maybe a reaction to last weeks booing?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Dec 2007 13:38

brendywendy
Cookie
Geekins Can i just say:

USA USA USA USA!

I don't often linger very long after the match but this week I did, expecting the team to acknowledge the vans effort and vice-verca.
That didn't happen.

its like they dont care!

Or maybe they are getting too used to being PL players!

As good old Championship players they would have milked that sort of performance and result for all it was worth.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 16 Dec 2007 18:03

Hahnemann is a guest on 5live on monday evening.

percy freeman fanclub

by percy freeman fanclub » 16 Dec 2007 19:18

Nice one londinium,about time someone stood up for the big guy.We sit 3 rows behind him and as such get an excellent view of his performance at our end.
Whilst clearly aknowledging that he is not the best in the pl,the fact that the midfield (without SS,gulp that hurt!)let wave after wave of attacks waltz through obviously exagerates any weakness
I was not able to attend B'ham (due to illness,had a ticket!) however several times bbcrb called his saves" world class".As has been previously stated perhaps if we gave some of the guys a bit more positive support it may boost them. As far as I can see his only major weakness is distribution to the wings.
I have seen Steve Death,great keeper but couldn't take a spot kick to save his life,and Shaka too,for a big guy a poor handler of crosses,so he ain't that bad .
Be positive and support the guy!

Cookie

by Cookie » 16 Dec 2007 19:26

RoyalBlue
brendywendy
Cookie
Geekins Can i just say:

USA USA USA USA!

That didn't happen.

its like they dont care!

Or maybe they are getting too used to being PL players!

As good old Championship players they would have milked that sort of performance and result for all it was worth.

Nobody round me did any boo-ing.
Marcus is the only one who keeps up the Parkie spirit.
How did it go yesterday at St Andrews? Did the fans get an after-match reaction from our boys?