MOTD 26/12/07

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 27 Dec 2007 12:42

bobby m's syrup
Mr Angry Anyone who only saw the MOTD highlights would think we got battered yesterday and were lucky to escape with a draw!

Is the highlights editor a Hammers fan perchance?

:?

BBC seem to have a marked leaning towards WHU, they even get mentions on East Enders. What happened to Walford Utd? LOL

Someone's successfully spoofed the Americans here http://www.livesoccertv.com/teams/england/walford/

:lol: :lol: :lol:

valiant royal

by valiant royal » 27 Dec 2007 12:57

That's what made me turn it off. I thought, Reading could be on next, then for some reason they stuck the Arsenal bore draw on.

If you watch the title sequence at the beginning, don't they list the matches in the order that they're going to show them ? I've always thought this was the case and have used it to decide when to turn over if I'm watching something else - Reading were certainly listed last and shown last yesterday.

fridaysback

by fridaysback » 27 Dec 2007 13:12

The Lungberg stamp on Murty was deliberate. Anyone who has played a decent level of football and has the co-ordination and spatial awareness to play in the prem knows where a prone opponenents ankle is (even when running at pace). Now just imagine if Hunty had done it one of theirs, the crowd would have bayed for blood and he would have been off faster than you could say Perry Groves (billy in e enders) epitomises the average WHU fan ie; total loser

by 1960 » 27 Dec 2007 13:17

On the live Sky viewing the commentator and Gray agreed that Reading had been dominant in the first half. MOTD showed The Tackle after 30 minutes and no Reading pressure before that. In the Pompey/Arse match there were no ooh-ah moments, but they showed loads of inconsequential crap, while our game was full of them because of the desperate last ditch stuff we had to endure because of the 10 men.

Still, about 30% of the country are glory-hunter Arsenal fans and about 0.2% are Reading fans. They are cynically aiming their choices at their target audience with no thought of the action or incident.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 27 Dec 2007 13:18

Row Z Royal
Compo's Hat Those highlights were rubbish! Didn't even show West Ham hitting the angle of the woodwork.

Or Green shoving Hunty. I wanted to see what Green got so bloody worked up about!

Hunt did nothing wrong and it was a very poor decision to yellow card him. Green clearly being part of the goalkeepers union wanted to remind him of past incidents.
As for the highlights what about Green's save from Convey? Or Doyle's header from Kitson's cross?
MOTD have too much inane punditry and not enough highlights.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 27 Dec 2007 13:22

strap
Mr Angry Anyone who only saw the MOTD highlights would think we got battered yesterday and were lucky to escape with a draw!

Agree totally. Where were our 10 shots on target!?!?!

And Gunnars challenge was interesting. It was not a tackle situation, it was a 50:50 ball that two players were converging on. Gunnar actually got to the ball first by some distance (well a foot anyway). It was unfortunate that he was in the air with both feet off the ground. The Sham player wasn't exactly shirking either. So in my opinion a red was a bt harsh, but understandable.

It was a stupid challenge. Why did Gunnarsson feel the need to jump in two footed with both feet off the ground? Why the hell did he not go for the ball with a tough 50/50 challenge stretching out with one foot instead of jumping in with two.

Bowman's Quiver

by Bowman's Quiver » 27 Dec 2007 13:29

fridaysback The Lungberg stamp on Murty was deliberate. Anyone who has played a decent level of football and has the co-ordination and spatial awareness to play in the prem knows where a prone opponenents ankle is (even when running at pace). Now just imagine if Hunty had done it one of theirs, the crowd would have bayed for blood and he would have been off faster than you could say Perry Groves (billy in e enders) epitomises the average WHU fan ie; total loser

Utter nonsense imho

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Dec 2007 13:39

All I know is I'd rather have our match analysed by Alan Shearer than Robbie Earle. Shearer may talk crap but at least he doesn't sound like he's having his analysis fed to him word for word through an earpeice.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 27 Dec 2007 13:43

PEARCEY
Row Z Royal
Compo's Hat Those highlights were rubbish! Didn't even show West Ham hitting the angle of the woodwork.

Or Green shoving Hunty. I wanted to see what Green got so bloody worked up about!

Hunt did nothing wrong and it was a very poor decision to yellow card him. Green clearly being part of the goalkeepers union wanted to remind him of past incidents.
As for the highlights what about Green's save from Convey? Or Doyle's header from Kitson's cross?
MOTD have too much inane punditry and not enough highlights.

Football First is far better than MOTD.

Even Macca's Monday Night football round up on Setanta is streets ahead of MOTD.

Dawn

by Dawn » 27 Dec 2007 14:01

PEARCEY
strap

Agree totally. Where were our 10 shots on target!?!?!

And Gunnars challenge was interesting. It was not a tackle situation, it was a 50:50 ball that two players were converging on. Gunnar actually got to the ball first by some distance (well a foot anyway). It was unfortunate that he was in the air with both feet off the ground. The Sham player wasn't exactly shirking either. So in my opinion a red was a bt harsh, but understandable.

It was a stupid challenge. Why did Gunnarsson feel the need to jump in two footed with both feet off the ground? Why the hell did he not go for the ball with a tough 50/50 challenge stretching out with one foot instead of jumping in with two.

Gunnarsson says:

“I didn’t put one leg underneath like I usually do because I got a gash the other week.

“In a way I was trying to protect my knee, but the referee doesn’t know that.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/readingfc/2019/2019511/i_deserved_to_go

peckhamwolf

by peckhamwolf » 27 Dec 2007 14:03

FWIW, the Match of the Day link on the BBC Sport web-site will give an indication of the running order on the day the match is shown. Obviously subject to change if something particularly significant happens in one of the "lesser" games.

fridaysback

by fridaysback » 29 Dec 2007 20:38

:D We're on first and the match on Football first, Great isnt it ? Doh ! :cry:

Seriously though, on reflection I think December has been a good month (esp when you consider what we used to be like most x-mas times)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Dec 2007 21:15

fridaysback :D We're on first and the match on Football first, Great isnt it ? Doh ! :cry:

Seriously though, on reflection I think December has been a good month (esp when you consider what we used to be like most x-mas times)
December has been a good month.....full stop