Yes
69%
No - give Henry a chance!
31%

Total votes: 80
Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 28 Dec 2007 12:28

FWIW Henry was only a sub on Boxing Day for Bournemouth but came on in the 89th minute and scored a tap-in.
He had been covering for another loanee ,Gradel from Leicester who is a bit of a flying machine but he has been away for some time on compassionate leave in France after his mum died and with no dad around there were younger kids to look after.
Whether Henry gets back in tomorrow to face Simon Cox of Swindon I don't know.

I gather that Coppell doesn't think that Henry works hard enough and is poor at tracking back-expect a right-winger to come in within the next couple of weeks.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 28 Dec 2007 13:09

Henry is not good enough to break in to our side yet - Simple as that.

peckhamwolf

by peckhamwolf » 28 Dec 2007 14:14

peckhamwolf I have read quite a few posts on here waxing lyrical about James Henry. How about a new poll ? Have you seen James Henry play for more than about 5 minutes before putting him up as a potential answer to your "problems" on the right wing ? Yes or no ?

So has anyone actually seen him play for more than a few minutes ? Fair play to those who have gone to the effort to read up about what he has been up to, but the rest seem to be relying on hearsay and reports of what he has been doing on loan at a 3rd (possibly soon 4th) tier club as the basis for saying he could be adequate cover or even a starter in the Premier League.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 28 Dec 2007 15:13

peckhamwolf
peckhamwolf I have read quite a few posts on here waxing lyrical about James Henry. How about a new poll ? Have you seen James Henry play for more than about 5 minutes before putting him up as a potential answer to your "problems" on the right wing ? Yes or no ?

So has anyone actually seen him play for more than a few minutes ? Fair play to those who have gone to the effort to read up about what he has been up to, but the rest seem to be relying on hearsay and reports of what he has been doing on loan at a 3rd (possibly soon 4th) tier club as the basis for saying he could be adequate cover or even a starter in the Premier League.

We don't need to see a player to make a sweeping judgement on him.

I watch The Championship you know!!

Half the board thinks he's a striker.......

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 28 Dec 2007 15:39

I like the black lad from Citeh too.

Forget his name, the Sunderland mids brother.

He'd do a great job for us.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 28 Dec 2007 16:31

Somewhat ominous quote from Coppell on the OS. Says our good form in December will enable him to be "selective" in the transfer market. Hope that doesn't mean what I think it might. A statement at the end of Jan to the effect that no one was available who was both good enough and willing to join us.

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 28 Dec 2007 16:44

There's no excuses.

We need 2 - 3 players.

Why can't we just be proactive for once??

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Dec 2007 19:25

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe There's no excuses.

We need 2 - 3 players.

who says we arn't being proactive. Or do you expect Mr Mad, Nicky Hammond or Steve Coppell to come round your house and keep you informed of exactly what we're doing?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 28 Dec 2007 20:02

shadesrwrf
Uke Surely they could find some right wingers in the crowd?

You're right. Couldn't one of them be brought in for a spell?

There was a good Austrian right winger once. Can't remember his name though.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 28 Dec 2007 20:27

Uke
shadesrwrf

Aha, I see what you're getting at now!

I thought it was a different play on words - right winger/right whinger, hence "brought in for a spell". I'd totally missed the point!

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 29 Dec 2007 14:07

shadesrwrf
Uke
shadesrwrf

Aha, I see what you're getting at now!

I thought it was a different play on words - right winger/right whinger, hence "brought in for a spell". I'd totally missed the point!

Therefore I am completely within my rights to give you one of these!

Kevin Doyles Right Foot

by Kevin Doyles Right Foot » 29 Dec 2007 15:08

wheres the 'i displayed my opinions on this subject in the 200th thread mentioned to d owith Henry and or RW situation' option

peckhamwolf

by peckhamwolf » 30 Dec 2007 16:12

peckhamwolf

Back to the original subject of the thread, I'll take that as a resounding "No we haven't seen Henry play for more than 5 minutes"

If you rely on word of mouth and what you see on tv you will end up with Sly Stallone in nets and Michael Caine bossing things in the middle.

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 30 Dec 2007 18:10

Ian Royal
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe There's no excuses.

We need 2 - 3 players.

who says we arn't being proactive. Or do you expect Mr Mad, Nicky Hammond or Steve Coppell to come round your house and keep you informed of exactly what we're doing?

We were not pro active in the summer. That was my point.

We lost Sid and Little and replaced them with two players who seem not to be good enough.

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 30 Dec 2007 18:14

peckhamwolf
peckhamwolf

Back to the original subject of the thread, I'll take that as a resounding "No we haven't seen Henry play for more than 5 minutes"

If you rely on word of mouth and what you see on tv you will end up with Sly Stallone in nets and Michael Caine bossing things in the middle.

Mate, we've had this arguement a million times on here. The vast majority of people who think Henry's the future have never seen him play and it's funny how the few who have understand that the kid needs time.

He's clearly got the talent, it's the application that concerns those who have watched him in the reserves and that seems to be Coppell's problem with him too.

I've seen a lot of him though and he'll make it imo. Maybe not this season, maybe not next. But he does have the ability.