No.13 v Pompey

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 02 Jan 2008 16:00

The few hundred that sing in the East & the few hundred that sing in the North will think the atmosphere is good.

In all honestly the atmosphere (apart from away end) is absolutely shocking. The lack of songs is embarrassing.

I would expect Oxford or Swindon have more songs that you lot.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Jan 2008 16:04

West Stand Flash The few hundred that sing in the East & the few hundred that sing in the North will think the atmosphere is good.

In all honestly the atmosphere (apart from away end) is absolutely shocking. The lack of songs is embarrassing.

Funny, I must have been hallucinating yesterday then. Could have sworn I saw and heard all sides of the stadium and the majority of our supporters joining in with the chants and clapping. And as I said before, who gives a toss what the songs are as long as we are loud.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 02 Jan 2008 16:53

West Stand Flash The few hundred that sing in the East & the few hundred that sing in the North will think the atmosphere is good.

WEST stand flash... and i suppose you really helped as well!!!

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 02 Jan 2008 18:41

RG30 Would be nice to drop this "Number 13 - Reading fans everywhere" bullshit, served a purpose a few years ago, now it's just an embarssment

Your the type of fan that doesent want to support your team you just want to watch football and its ridiculous the whole reason people go to watch football should be to watch good football and to SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!! the support against pompey was really good and nearly got the team going and the players did not perform.However when the support was just as good against liverpool the players delivered its just aginst pompey the did not!

END RANT

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 02 Jan 2008 18:47

parky
RG30 Would be nice to drop this "Number 13 - Reading fans everywhere" bullshit, served a purpose a few years ago, now it's just an embarssment

Your the type of fan that doesent want to support your team you just want to watch football and its ridiculous the whole reason people go to watch football should be to watch good football and to SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!! the support against pompey was really good and nearly got the team going and the players did not perform.However when the support was just as good against liverpool the players delivered its just aginst pompey the did not!

END RANT

What? So you're saying the effectiveness of an individual supporter depends on whether the announcer has said before the match "Number 13 - Reading fans everywhere" or not? :? :?: :?

What exactly are you ranting about?

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 02 Jan 2008 18:51

How about a bit of PigBag before the game that would really get the crowd going :lol:

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 02 Jan 2008 18:57

Dirk Gently
parky

END RANT

What? So you're saying the effectiveness of an individual supporter depends on whether the announcer has said before the match "Number 13 - Reading fans everywhere" or not? :? :?: :?

What exactly are you ranting about?

I'm saying that it shouldent make a difference whether the announcer reads that out or not,It made the supporters feel more part of the club.I was saying that basiclly it shouldent annoy you so much that it is number 13.Thats the typical reading fan on here with people complaining that it makes us laughable,that shouldent make a differnece the difference should be made in the support

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 02 Jan 2008 18:59

sod off you twat

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 02 Jan 2008 19:01

agreed...doing something about it WSF....oh forgot you sit in the West ALOL

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 02 Jan 2008 19:13

bloody fans

very annoying when the whole stadium just claps and doesnt sing to "stand up for steve coppell" i think.

just grates. really does get on my nerves.

anyone wanna trade b16 for y25/6?

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 02 Jan 2008 19:15

Don Finch Make sure you boo number 13 when it's read out by Peter Plum the announcer, it's catching on round us - was met a with a chorus of boos yesterday.

Was that to try and motivate us?

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 02 Jan 2008 20:52

Rawlie19
Don Finch Make sure you boo number 13 when it's read out by Peter Plum the announcer, it's catching on round us - was met a with a chorus of boos yesterday.

Was that to try and motivate us?

lol i do

pooandwee

by pooandwee » 02 Jan 2008 21:24

BRING IT ON! BRING IT ON!

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 02 Jan 2008 21:29

We need floyd with a big speaker, so when he comes up with his random songs everyone can hear.. I have to say those are the best songs

John Peel

by John Peel » 02 Jan 2008 22:12

Then why don't you bloody sing then! Quit having a go and join in.

West stand = the prawn sandwich eaters

And if you ever went to away games you'd notice that not many home fans are particular loud either - with the exception of the likes of Pompey (Fulham, Man U, West Ham, Arsenal to name a few, plus Tottenham weren't that loud at the weekend).

kitson the god

by kitson the god » 02 Jan 2008 22:50

i thought the atmosphere was good in parts but towards the end the silence was deafing! It was like a library!

Cookie

by Cookie » 02 Jan 2008 22:58

West Stand Flash I would expect Swindon have more songs that you lot.

There's only one Simon Cox, one Simon Cox etc.

Don't go Simo'

Darren Caskey's Dietician
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Darren Caskey's Dietician » 02 Jan 2008 23:14

I love sitting at the top of Y24. Plenty of atmosphere.

It irritates the hell out of me when y4/25/26 are all going for it, and then the rest of the east, north, west and south are sat in silence.

At least the NE corner gets going as well.

It would be nice to see some more of the fans get going now and again, but I agree, we need more singable songs.

Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed I'm a believer being played a lot - and the fans responding to it?

I sense another attempt at getting a club song going.

Daniella

by Daniella » 02 Jan 2008 23:25

Considering we have NO original songs we do well enough IMO.
We have no history thats why we have no chants. People are laughed at for suggesting new ones. Just be creative, if its good people will sing it, if its shite then it won't be heard again. Stop whining about the support and be productive.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 02 Jan 2008 23:35

Daniella Considering we have NO original songs we do well enough IMO.
We have no history thats why we have no chants. People are laughed at for suggesting new ones. Just be creative, if its good people will sing it, if its shite then it won't be heard again. Stop whining about the support and be productive.

can you imagine the day a stoke fan started "why why why.....

takes balls to create a classic :)