Kitson don't give a toss about FA Cup

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Jan 2008 21:04

Coppelled Streets
seahawk10 Many of us have been clamouring to see James Henry. Wouldn't it be great to use our reserves and still win the cup tie against Spurs. (With Henry netting the winner!)

I hope we shock the Spurs no matter who starts. We will have our revenge!

A valid point.

Cox given a game upfront with Long, Henry on the right, Pearce at the back. Why not!?

Cox may lose out so that some experience can be played with Long. Or so Lita can get some minutes.

Lets face it Doyle needs games to find his scoring boots, Lita needs games to find his scoring boots/stay in the shop window, Long needs minutes on the pitch as does Cox.

Kitson is the only one who doesn't need to play. So Obviously he'll start.

Daniella

by Daniella » 02 Jan 2008 22:29

Agree with kitson, waste of time the FA Cup for clubs like us. Id rather we gave a tie away at tottenham to a lower league club who could use the money and a day out. Coppell will play the reserves as he doesn't value the competition either, can't we just withdraw from it?

woodley_royal_124

by woodley_royal_124 » 02 Jan 2008 22:34

Ironically our reserves will go up there on saturday and totally stuff Spurs out of shear frustration, in the hope that Coppell relents and lets one or two of them find the starting 16 in the next league match !! :P

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 02 Jan 2008 22:42

millwall reached fa cup final............

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 02 Jan 2008 22:45

juanpablo millwall reached fa cup final............

Remind me how many Premiership teams they beat on the way?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 02 Jan 2008 22:46

I think they also took the competition seriously, as well.

Cookie

by Cookie » 02 Jan 2008 23:06

He doesn't mean it, he'd love to knock Spurs out.
It's the world's greatest competition, Motty said so.

starbug

by starbug » 02 Jan 2008 23:25

but we wont win the Premiership either....

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 02 Jan 2008 23:33

RG30
juanpablo millwall reached fa cup final............

Remind me how many Premiership teams they beat on the way?

whats that got to do with it?

thats how the draw works, we could beat spurs then get an easy route to the final unlikely but it could happen.

i dont give a oxf*rd about fa cup but its sad to think we have absolutely no chance...

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 03 Jan 2008 01:12

yes and y shud he care

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 03 Jan 2008 01:53

Yep a very valid point, it's impossible for small clubs and lower league clubs to make the finals of domestic competitions.

:roll:

Reading's attitude to the cup competitions in particular the FA Cup is an absolute DISGRACE.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Jan 2008 02:36

Alan Partridge Yep a very valid point, it's impossible for small clubs and lower league clubs to make the finals of domestic competitions.

:roll:

Reading's attitude to the cup competitions in particular the FA Cup is an absolute DISGRACE.

Go boil your head.

Daniella

by Daniella » 03 Jan 2008 03:13

The last time the FA cup was won by someone outside todays top four clubs was everton in 1995, that puts things into perspective.

Tilehurst Mike

Re: Kitson don't give a toss about FA Cup

by Tilehurst Mike » 03 Jan 2008 08:45

Gunny Fishcake Taken from BBC ......

"Reading striker Dave Kitson said he is not interested whether his team make any progress in the FA Cup.
The Royals play Tottenham in the third round having lost 6-4 to the same team last Saturday.

"We are not going to win the FA Cup and I do not care less about it, to be honest," said the 27-year-old.

"I care about staying in the Premier League, as does everybody at this club. Our league status is not protected by winning the FA Cup - simple as that."

..........................................................................................................

I really dissapointed Kitson has said this ,if he has . What's the bloody point if our own players don't believe we can win it . Of course it's a dream , but Wimbledon proved dreams can come true .

We currently have IMHO only two chances of glory , the FA and Carling Cup , so I think we should give it our best shot within reason . Of course players need resting , but last season we were very close to making the quarter finals all be it with a second team .

So come on Kits , you're a top player , and very intelligent , but spare a thought for all of us going to Spurs on Saturday cheering the team on to hope and dream that FA glory may come .If you don't give a toss , what's the point ?

Couldn't agree more and to be honest I wish Kitson would keep his trap shut as he is becoming a real winge. I have spent £70 on tickets for the game on Saturday so what Kitson says doesn;t go down well at all. What's the point of just aiming to avoid relegation each year?

In the same vein, Coppell is also beginning to piss me off with his comments about the transfer window. I'm sorry but thats how it works so live with it. Sounds like another lame excuse for not signing anyone again--I sincerely hope not.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Jan 2008 08:51

Kitson won't be playing so his thoughts are fairly irrelevant.

In the whole scheme of things he's right. We stand little to no chance of winning the thing if the "big 4" take it with any seriousness and staying up at the moment is the most pressing matter for this club.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 03 Jan 2008 08:51

FA Cup is shit - Lets move on. Well said Kits.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 03 Jan 2008 08:56

Well said Kits....But the cup is a good chance for the "fringe" players to shine !

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 03 Jan 2008 09:08

The only way the game on Saturday will be a joke is if any of the starting XI from Pompey play.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 03 Jan 2008 09:12

Huntley & Palmer The only way the game on Saturday will be a joke is if any of the starting XI from Pompey play.

Try stopping Harper playing!

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Kitson don't give a toss about FA Cup

by Vision » 03 Jan 2008 09:16

Tilehurst Mike
Gunny Fishcake Taken from BBC ......

"Reading striker Dave Kitson said he is not interested whether his team make any progress in the FA Cup.
The Royals play Tottenham in the third round having lost 6-4 to the same team last Saturday.

"We are not going to win the FA Cup and I do not care less about it, to be honest," said the 27-year-old.

"I care about staying in the Premier League, as does everybody at this club. Our league status is not protected by winning the FA Cup - simple as that."

..........................................................................................................

I really dissapointed Kitson has said this ,if he has . What's the bloody point if our own players don't believe we can win it . Of course it's a dream , but Wimbledon proved dreams can come true .

We currently have IMHO only two chances of glory , the FA and Carling Cup , so I think we should give it our best shot within reason . Of course players need resting , but last season we were very close to making the quarter finals all be it with a second team .

So come on Kits , you're a top player , and very intelligent , but spare a thought for all of us going to Spurs on Saturday cheering the team on to hope and dream that FA glory may come .If you don't give a toss , what's the point ?

Couldn't agree more and to be honest I wish Kitson would keep his trap shut as he is becoming a real winge. I have spent £70 on tickets for the game on Saturday so what Kitson says doesn;t go down well at all. What's the point of just aiming to avoid relegation each year?

He's just telling the truth though. Frankly i'd rather that than the insulting "we do take the cup seriously" nonsence Coppell comes out with when questioned about his selection. Besides which its been the club's policy for the last 4 seasons so its hardly a great shock is it?

Having said that i'd argue that our cup performances have actually been pretty good over that last 2 seasons regardless of the line up selected. Liverpool twice and Man Utd (after a replay) have knocked us out. There's actually a case that the 11 players selected on Saturday would have more chance of getting a result than the supposed 1st 11 who have virtually all played 4 games in 8 games, 2 of them with 10 men.