No.13 v Pompey

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 02 Jan 2008 23:40

I think half the people on this board are disillusioned.

Reading FC may not have the "best" support (what the hell does that mean anyway), but I guarantee it is 10x better than a lot of clubs.

- lack of songs
- crap chants
- not many people joining in

etc... tens and tens of clubs across the country have this problem.

Can you HONESTLY say that Reading fc fans are any worse at home compared to Bolton, Fulham, Charlton, Sheffield United (when I went), Wigan, Liverpool (that was like a graveyard last season! even Man United was apart form their obvious UNITED UNITED chants).

Week-in, week-out, RFC fans are no worse than any others.

Darren Caskey's Dietician
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Darren Caskey's Dietician » 02 Jan 2008 23:42

Daniella Considering we have NO original songs we do well enough IMO.
We have no history thats why we have no chants. People are laughed at for suggesting new ones. Just be creative, if its good people will sing it, if its shite then it won't be heard again. Stop whining about the support and be productive.

The guy behind me started Stand up for steve coppell, which took a while, but caught on with his persistance.

A lass near me was trying to get "who's that running down the wing, is it john oster, is it john oster" to the tune of monster by the automatic going which I liked, but it didnt catch, and then he got injured.

Daniella

by Daniella » 02 Jan 2008 23:44

Heard the oster one, thats a good chant to be fair. Stand up for steve coppell is decent, but I think I heard forest sing it when brian clough died, so unfortunately we can;t claim being the originator's of that one.

Just pick out some old classic songs and whack some RFC lyrics that don't sound too cheesey in it, thats the way to go. Thats how most songs began.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 03 Jan 2008 01:10

rg6royal The songs are so boring thats why. we havn't any good songs like most other clubs just the plain clap clap reading songs :roll:

spot on

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Jan 2008 01:24

We have plenty of good songs, just most don't know them because not enough people join in with them to get them loud enough.

And we have the drummer who can't play anything more complicated than "bang bang".

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 03 Jan 2008 08:53

winchester_royal
West Stand Flash The few hundred that sing in the East & the few hundred that sing in the North will think the atmosphere is good.

In all honestly the atmosphere (apart from away end) is absolutely shocking. The lack of songs is embarrassing.

I would expect Oxford or Swindon have more songs that you lot.

sod off you twat

Haha - You sad man. Go play on the M4.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 03 Jan 2008 08:54

John Peel
West Stand Flash The few hundred that sing in the East & the few hundred that sing in the North will think the atmosphere is good.

In all honestly the atmosphere (apart from away end) is absolutely shocking. The lack of songs is embarrassing.

Then why don't you bloody sing then! Quit having a go and join in.

West stand = the prawn sandwich eaters

And if you ever went to away games you'd notice that not many home fans are particular loud either - with the exception of the likes of Pompey (Fulham, Man U, West Ham, Arsenal to name a few, plus Tottenham weren't that loud at the weekend).

Hardly. Like most Reading fans - The majority are skanky pikeys who stink of p1ss & have no idea of football. Luckily there are a few classy people (myself & SDR) who are above the majority in Berkshire.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 03 Jan 2008 08:55

LOL

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 03 Jan 2008 09:58

Adz1871
juanpablo our fans grasp of both the offside rule and general fouls isnt great

Nor was the officials on show today either :lol:

If you send off a home team player in the first 5 mins you are going to have people on your back. However why people in the crowd were complaining I have no idea- defo penalty and straight red. Also Benjani was not offside at all in the first half and everytime he got beyond our back for there was a cry for offside which was incorrect. Yes the officials are not up to scratch at this level but being a qualified ref I would like to say a hell of a lot of fans don't understand the rules, i.e. mainly the glory hunters who have just started supporting Reading. And right now they are bringing a really dull atmosphere to the ground that upsets me.

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 03 Jan 2008 10:02

lot of fans don't understand the rules, i.e. mainly the glory hunters who have just started supporting Reading

Where's your evidence for this?

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 03 Jan 2008 10:07

Terry and June.

Adz1871

by Adz1871 » 03 Jan 2008 10:30

Jeffers217
Adz1871

If you send off a home team player in the first 5 mins you are going to have people on your back. However why people in the crowd were complaining I have no idea- defo penalty and straight red. Also Benjani was not offside at all in the first half and everytime he got beyond our back for there was a cry for offside which was incorrect. Yes the officials are not up to scratch at this level but being a qualified ref I would like to say a hell of a lot of fans don't understand the rules, i.e. mainly the glory hunters who have just started supporting Reading. And right now they are bringing a really dull atmosphere to the ground that upsets me.

Alright then, Maybe Benjani wasn't offside. And yes it was a penalty and a sending off. But what about the other decisions? The linesman east stand side was shocking! He gave the 'foul' that led to Campbell's goal. Your telling me that every decision they made were the right ones? :?

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 03 Jan 2008 11:00

Adz1871
Jeffers217
Adz1871

Alright then, Maybe Benjani wasn't offside. And yes it was a penalty and a sending off. But what about the other decisions? The linesman east stand side was shocking! He gave the 'foul' that led to Campbell's goal. Your telling me that every decision they made were the right ones? :?

MAkes no difference. We lost the game as Sonko is a liability & the players were clueless once he left the field.

How he was in the starting line-up after the shambles at Spurs I don't know.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 03 Jan 2008 12:11

West Stand Flash Hardly. Like most Reading fans - The majority are skanky pikeys who stink of p1ss & have no idea of football. Luckily there are a few classy people (myself & SDR) who are above the majority in Berkshire.

As a self-confessed misery guts myself, would you mind if I ask you why you even bother supporting Reading Football Club as it seems to be beneath you and you appear to have nothing but utter disdain for everything and everyone involved with the club. Perhaps you are just on a constant wind-up but, no offence intended, I suspect you wouldn't have the subtle wit to pull such a thing off.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 03 Jan 2008 12:21

Daniella Heard the oster one, thats a good chant to be fair. Stand up for steve coppell is decent, but I think I heard forest sing it when brian clough died, so unfortunately we can;t claim being the originator's of that one.

Just pick out some old classic songs and whack some RFC lyrics that don't sound too cheesey in it, thats the way to go. Thats how most songs began.

Excactly. A good way to start songs would be by organising a get together in a Reading pub and trying out some songs! As United do in the Bishops Blaize in Manchester.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 03 Jan 2008 16:11

We have no history thats why we have no chants. People are laughed at for suggesting new ones. Just be creative, if its good people will sing it, if its shite then it won't be heard again. Stop whining about the support and be productive.

Yet whenever a new song is suggested you will knock it down!!

meeky_no9

by meeky_no9 » 03 Jan 2008 16:49

John Peel

Then why don't you bloody sing then! Quit having a go and join in.

West stand = the prawn sandwich eaters

And if you ever went to away games you'd notice that not many home fans are particular loud either - with the exception of the likes of Pompey (Fulham, Man U, West Ham, Arsenal to name a few, plus Tottenham weren't that loud at the weekend).

Im in the West upper, and we do do our stuff. I do prefer Away match Atmosphere and some of our hame matches are decent. West upper has changed alot since the old days of div 2 football ALL!!!

meeky_no9

by meeky_no9 » 03 Jan 2008 17:07

Jeffers217
Adz1871

Im a qualified referee aswell mate and to be honest it was a bad performance by the referee's, the red should of been a yellow as ingi was coverig was not a denial of an OBVIOUS goal scoring opputunity. and his desisions and body language was shite!

BLUES & ROYAL

by BLUES & ROYAL » 03 Jan 2008 20:59

Jeffers217
Adz1871

I don't recall many of us moaning about the sending off for starters.

Perhaps my friend you need some windows yourself (if you don't already possess a pair) because Dean was very poor and just about took the mantle as one of the worse refs we have had at Reading and I am including the clown that officiated the Boro cup game at EP a few years back.

If you want to nit pick, he and his linesman obviously do not know the offside law themselves because Campbell was offside when he scored.

Sure he made one or two correct decisions (OK perhaps one) but he also messed up by not sending off Murty for a second bookable offence!

Cookie

by Cookie » 03 Jan 2008 22:19

Maybe you can suggest an adaptation of a Rangers song.