Good Old Kits

423 posts
AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 10 Jan 2008 23:02

Uke
AndyRFC
Uke Who deleted the original thread and why?

Possibly becaue it was 'Unfounded' at the time, and possibly got a bit out of hand, and could've been libelous.

I don't think the TVP would have liked the fact that plod seemed to be telling all and sundry about who they nicked with details!

Actually I'll just edit this
Last edited by AndyRFC on 10 Jan 2008 23:05, edited 1 time in total.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 10 Jan 2008 23:03

biscuitsrus To err is to be human.

To err is human. To arr is pirate.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 10 Jan 2008 23:17

AndyRFC
Uke
AndyRFC

Possibly becaue it was 'Unfounded' at the time, and possibly got a bit out of hand, and could've been libelous.

I don't think the TVP would have liked the fact that plod seemed to be telling all and sundry about who they nicked with details!

Missed it before the edit - what was your libel then? Or did you notice TVPRoyal's username browsing?

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 10 Jan 2008 23:21

RFC > off the field antics

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 10 Jan 2008 23:24

Uke
AndyRFC
Uke
AndyRFC

Missed it before the edit - what was your libel then? Or did you notice TVPRoyal's username browsing?

Nothing libelious really, just dont want to say what could be linked back my job and to me via my employer, possibly.

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 10 Jan 2008 23:26

I find funny that Tredder shows his face on the team board for the 1st time in ages with this. Couldn't resist eh??

Whats the odds of him going down then?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 10 Jan 2008 23:27

Matt de K I find funny that Tredder shows his face on the team board for the 1st time in ages with this. Couldn't resist eh??

Whats the odds of him going down then?

Tredder? Going down? Who with? :shock:

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 10 Jan 2008 23:27

Can i just say he could've only JUST been over the limit. Now we all know that the limit is there to protect us, but if you're on it or just above then it wouldn't make much difference. Well unless you're cooking something and putting ingredients together.

E.G,

Sell by dates on food. We have a must eat by ... but who has it a week later and has no ill effects. If he was seriously over the limit then fine but just having 2 beers can make you over the limit and that has no effect on my judgement when i'm drinking etc.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 10 Jan 2008 23:29

Geekins Can i just say he could've only JUST been over the limit. Now we all know that the limit is there to protect us, but if you're on it or just above then it wouldn't make much difference.

That's irrelevant. He's not being prosecuted for driving over the limit. He's being prosecuted for refusing to give a sample - which is effectively an admission of guilt.

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 10 Jan 2008 23:39

Well - whats happened has happened. Im sure he'll get fined etc etc by the club, so no need for internet keyboard warriors to get their fingers in a twist.

Cookie

by Cookie » 10 Jan 2008 23:42

Rawlie19
biscuitsrus To err is to be human.

To err is human. To arr is pirate.

Adrian's Fool

by Adrian's Fool » 10 Jan 2008 23:43

What an idiot. I was his biggest fan til today. :(

But, no man is bigger than the club. He's jeopardised RFC's good reputation and affected his ability to contribute to the team (will have to go to court hearings instead of training/playing).

Idiot.

working class hero

by working class hero » 10 Jan 2008 23:50

He is a plank.

Remember the stick Lee Hughes got? He legged it from a crime scene.

Much the same root cause - just a difference in consequent effects.

DK might just be sent away for a wee while if he gets a magistrate who wishes to make an example of someone..... Tony Adams suffered as a resulkt of such a scenario iirc.

As for the Lita angle - yes he deserves to be treated the same as Lita. In fact Lita only transgressed against good taste - DK has broken the law.

WTRoyal

by WTRoyal » 10 Jan 2008 23:52

If Dave Kitson had been drinking, then got into the car (which he clearly doesn't own, it belongs to the company that sponsors him and I expect they'll be having it back any time soon thanks very much), and would have failed a test for being over the limit - he should be treated like anyone else, with a ban, a fine and possibly a custodial sentence. Which would be fully deserved.

HOWEVER.

I find it more than a little disappointing that so many people on here appear ready to assume that DK is guilty of drink driving, or would do such a thing.

From personal experience, the police have to have a reason to ask someone for a breath test, e.g. having watched them leave a pub & get in a car, seen them driving erratically, or, if they've stopped them for some other reason then if they smell some drink on the breath. It's quite possible that DK may know this, and had done none of the above things, ie wasn't driving erratically, had no drink on his breath, and hadn't just come out from a pub.

In which case, he could well be pretty pissed off that, when they stopped him, they asked him to take a breath test. Now, I agree with some others on this board that a sensible course of action in that case would have been to provide the sample without question and pass it off lightly, but what human being alive can honestly say that they've never made a mistake and said or done something that they've (possibly almost instantly) regretted?

So, I'm hoping that Dave made a mistake here. Not by drinking and driving (I really hope and - call me naive - but also think he didn't), but by knowing he hadn't had anything to drink and getting annoyed because he knew he shouldn't have been asked to provide a sample, the police had no reason or right to ask him for one, and they were effectively infringing his human rights, as well as breaching their own policies. I'm also hoping that he had several reliable witnesses in the car with him who had spent the evening with him and would testify that he hadn't drunk alcohol and wouldn't have failed a breath test - though how much water that would hold in a court I don't know - hopefully it would reduce his charge to just "obstruction" or whatever the court would call it - which is still a silly thing to do - but let's not condemn him yet.

Just seen on SSN website that RFC have confirmed that a player was arrested while driving but that it was a police matter and they would make no further comment (or words to that effect) - so... fingers crossed he's in trouble for the right wrong reasons rather than the wrong wrong reasons... :?

EDIT: Apologies, nothing seen on SSN, it was the BBC website
Last edited by WTRoyal on 11 Jan 2008 00:00, edited 1 time in total.

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 10 Jan 2008 23:55

Well - I'm sure when he bangs in his next goal in everyone will be singing "Dave Kitson - drunk driver, drunk driver...."

All will be forgotten then and people will quickly forget how he went out and committed mass murder by mowing 30 Shinfielders down.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 10 Jan 2008 23:56

Matt de K All will be forgotten then and people will quickly forget how he went out and committed mass murder by mowing 30 Shinfielders down.

Worse things happen at sea.

Jim-Bob

by Jim-Bob » 11 Jan 2008 00:15

Can we try and put some perspective on this. If DK had provided a specimen he would have been either under or over the limit. If he had been over he would have broken the law and been punished accordingly, just like lots of people are everyday.

There's various degrees of over the limit also. He might have had 1 pint and nothing to eat and been just over or absolutely bladdered. Should we treat the above as exactly the same or apply a common sense approach and punish accordingly?

He should have blown in the nice policeman's tube, no doubt then they'd be no debate. He's not the first and certainly won't be the last person to argue the toss with our boys in blue.

It's not like he killed anyone, mugged someone, raped anyone, burgled someone. Traffic will deal with this as they see fit, let's not blow this into some life or death situation. IF DK had killed someone he would be serving time at her majesties pleasure.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 11 Jan 2008 00:26

If failing to give a test is seen in the eyes of the law (and clearly the public judging by this thread!) I really don't understand why people don't just give take the test :?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Jan 2008 00:45

Excellent posts from WTRoyal and Jim-Bob IMO.

Until full details are out we just don't know the circumstances and there is a world of difference in refusing to cooperate because you think the police are being pricks and you're innocent, being a bit over the limit and trying to hide it 'cause you know it'll be blown out of all proportion, being massively over the limit and being massively over the limit and causing an accident.

We have no idea which applies to Dave, except of course the last one, which quite clearly doesn't. I'm happy to reserve judgement on this 'til I've got more idea of what actually happened.

Before this I'd only heard good things from and about Kitson. It's totally different to Lita, who had someone not decided to let the whole thing drop, could quite easily have been convicted of assualt or similar. He then went on to compound that with 2 or 3 other idiotic acts, plus he had form before. Not only that but he wasn't scoring anyway.

Kitson is scoring and this is potentially the first mistake he's made. If he has driven whilst drunk then the courts will punish him and I'd certainly hope RFC make him do an extra bit of community service, possibly along the lines of explaining to kids where he went wrong and not to do that stuff. He should also be hit with a fine from the club for unprofessionalism and damaging the clubs reputation.

That of course only applies should he be guilty, and guilty of more than being an arse to the Police. Frankly we need him far too much to drop him over this, unless it'll effect how he plays. But to be honest even if he was shit I don't think this is a droppable offence yet.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

Re: Good Old Kits

by Tamworth_Royal » 11 Jan 2008 00:46

Tredder
Rob-Royal
Tamworth_Royal
Tredder Banging on about a moralistic world etc.. and then gets arrested for drink driving with a court appearance next friday.

What a world, still, i bet not too many want his contract ripped up like they did Lita's.

Welcome back Tredder !

I think Kitson should be sent out to QPR on loan....... They will look after him :wink:

http://qprreport.blogspot.com/2007/12/q ... derby.html

Lets not forget QPR's infamous nasty video when they played China either - now that really was stupid.....what a sad cock you are Tredder

It would be far too easy to bring you in and throw you back but i'm beyond those days.

As for Kits, some would say this is Karma for belittling the greatest cup in the world, others would say, doofus.

Beyond that Those days
Naaaaaaaa your still a ginger(like Kitson) easy pickings :lol:

423 posts