Good Old Kits

423 posts
Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 11 Jan 2008 18:45

Cemy Junction Expat
RoyalBlue
Muskrat I can't get excited about this. Blood test result will reveal all, Kitson will receive the due punishment, whatever that may be, the club will say that's the end of the matter and deal with any internal punishment they deem necessary and life will go on.

Kitson will still play, still score goals and still get ignored for England.

Will all be forgotten about in a few weeks.

What blood test result? I very much doubt he consented to that either!

Once Kitson's case is out of the way, the club shouldn't just say that is the end of the matter and/or that it has been dealt with internally. They should make a very clear declaration of their abhorrence of drink driving and (in the event that he has been convicted) also make it clear that Kitson will face additional sanctions from the club.

If I was Kitson's advisor and Kitson now told me that he was guilty as charged, I would want him to start working on redeeming his reputation immediately. A very public and clear statement that he accepted his guilt, was going to plead guilty in court and accept whatever punishment he received as fully justified and that he now realised how stupid and irresponsible he had been. This would be followed up by work with appropriate charities/pressure groups etc. tackling the menace of drink driving.

I would also point out to him that his wages for a couple of weeks would cover the cost of employing his own chaffeur for a year and that is how he should be travelling in the future if he even as much considers having a couple of spoons of cough mixture let alone a glass or two of wine!

Finally there's a certain irony about phrases such as 'life goes on' and 'get a life' in a thread discussing drink driving. 'Life ends' and 'take a life' may be more pertinent.

What he said ...

What he said.....

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 11 Jan 2008 19:04

RoyalBlue
zac naloen
RobRoyal I wish the media would come and interview me on this subject, so I can tell them just what I think of him in true "tells it like it is" Kitson style.

Oh well, all footballers really are c*nts aren't they. How foolish of us to expect otherwise.

I'd actually be curious to know of a tally against the rest of the population the percentage of footballers who get caught for speeding offences.

I have a feeling it's not very high.

Why would you think that? I suspect that there are an awful lot of overpaid, spoilt, immature footballers out there who are able to get their hands on some pretty high performing cars long before they're really ready for them.

How many footballers a year get convicted of this though?

Everytime it happens it should be in the paper, but it's never more than 4 or 5 times a year.

As I said I'd be curious to see the figures as a percentage I doubt it's much different to the general populace at all. People just care more because they are famous.

Factfinder

by Factfinder » 11 Jan 2008 19:04

Do you reckon somebody shopped him?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/1682481.stm

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 11 Jan 2008 19:21

RoyalBlue
Muskrat I can't get excited about this. Blood test result will reveal all, Kitson will receive the due punishment, whatever that may be, the club will say that's the end of the matter and deal with any internal punishment they deem necessary and life will go on.

Once Kitson's case is out of the way, the club shouldn't just say that is the end of the matter and/or that it has been dealt with internally. They should make a very clear declaration of their abhorrence of drink driving and (in the event that he has been convicted) also make it clear that Kitson will face additional sanctions from the club.

If I was Kitson's advisor and Kitson now told me that he was guilty as charged, I would want him to start working on redeeming his reputation immediately. A very public and clear statement that he accepted his guilt, was going to plead guilty in court and accept whatever punishment he received as fully justified and that he now realised how stupid and irresponsible he had been. This would be followed up by work with appropriate charities/pressure groups etc. tackling the menace of drink driving.

I would also point out to him that his wages for a couple of weeks would cover the cost of employing his own chaffeur for a year and that is how he should be travelling in the future if he even as much considers having a couple of spoons of cough mixture let alone a glass or two of wine!

Finally there's a certain irony about phrases such as 'life goes on' and 'get a life' in a thread discussing drink driving. 'Life ends' and 'take a life' may be more pertinent.

Well done, you've got him convicted and punished before anything has even been proved. He may not have had a drop of alchohol is his bloodstream and just refused to give a breath test by being obstinate.

OK that's still an offence in itself, and is waste of Police time apart from anything else, but that's why I chose my words carefuly when I said he'll receive the due punishment "whatever that may be".

I'd suggest waiting for the full facts to come out before being so judgemental.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 11 Jan 2008 19:21

Spud Can't be bothered to read 16 pages but wondered anyone had mentioned drugs here. Erratic driving will give the Police due cause to stop you on suspicion, they could ask the driver "Have you been drinking sir"..."No I haven't ..sod off"..would you care too come to the station and give a sample..."er...no actually I would'nt".. in other words are blood/urines tested soley for alcohol or the full range of substances?....anyone

blood test can pick up everything,

but i can tell you now he wouldn't do drugs as players get randomly test after a game, about 6-10 times a season

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 11 Jan 2008 19:22

True. Footballers, and certainly footballers who have at any time been a Reading player, would always stay away from drugs.

Spud
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Spud » 11 Jan 2008 19:35

gazzer, loyal royal
Spud Can't be bothered to read 16 pages but wondered anyone had mentioned drugs here. Erratic driving will give the Police due cause to stop you on suspicion, they could ask the driver "Have you been drinking sir"..."No I haven't ..sod off"..would you care too come to the station and give a sample..."er...no actually I would'nt".. in other words are blood/urines tested soley for alcohol or the full range of substances?....anyone

blood test can pick up everything,

but i can tell you now he wouldn't do drugs as players get randomly test after a game, about 6-10 times a season

I understand it can pick up everything but is it looked for in a suspicion of DD.
Tested 6-10 times a season..after games? ie would a Weds to a sat be sufficent time to it leave your bloodstream.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 11 Jan 2008 19:46

Of all reading footballers to get done for D&D... DAVE KITSON :shock:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Jan 2008 19:50

Muskrat
RoyalBlue

Well done, you've got him convicted and punished before anything has even been proved. He may not have had a drop of alchohol is his bloodstream and just refused to give a breath test by being obstinate.

OK that's still an offence in itself, and is waste of Police time apart from anything else, but that's why I chose my words carefuly when I said he'll receive the due punishment "whatever that may be".

I'd suggest waiting for the full facts to come out before being so judgemental.

As well as choosing words carefully, perhaps you could try to read a little more carefully!

'(in the event that he has been convicted)'

'If I was Kitson's advisor and Kitson now told me that he was guilty as charged,'

But one thing he has already been convicted of in my book is being a pratt. That is based on the most charitable assumption i.e. the only reason he did refuse the breath test was because he was obstinate!

As for my final paragraph - that was not aimed at Kitson specifically but those who would make out this sort of thing is no big deal.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 11 Jan 2008 19:59

No one has really tried to excuse drink driving, have they. Instead, this thread has turned into a "I hate it more than you do" debate, which is fairly pointless.

Kitson. Did something stupid. Made it worse for himself by eing a prat. No way will he get either a custodial sentence or the sack. It will be forgiven if he publically apologises and shows genuine remorse, it'll hang around his kneck if he doesn't, and any new outbreak of look-at-me interviewing will see the home fans turn against him as much as away fans will treasure this opportunity to wind him up.

It's so dissapointing when someone you admired turns out o be a twat.

Cemy Junction Expat

by Cemy Junction Expat » 11 Jan 2008 20:27

Armadillo Roadkill it'll hang around his kneck if he doesn't,

ouch ... that's a painful place to hang anything!

Cemy Junction Expat

by Cemy Junction Expat » 11 Jan 2008 20:27

Armadillo Roadkill It's so dissapointing when someone you admired turns out o be a twat.

Amen - sums up the whole 16 pages quite nicely, thanks AR

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 11 Jan 2008 21:09

Factfinder Do you reckon somebody shopped him?

He could claim a opposition fan bought him a drink and suggest it may have been spiked and that they shopped him.

peeping_bernal

by peeping_bernal » 11 Jan 2008 21:20

maybe he is been clever and is going for a Ronnie O'Sullivan (felt intimidated and unable to piss in public) and get off with it all, will make a great chapter in his book when he retires.

Broxroyal

by Broxroyal » 11 Jan 2008 23:09

Forbury Lion
Factfinder Do you reckon somebody shopped him?

He could claim a opposition fan bought him a drink and suggest it may have been spiked and that they shopped him.

Steve Hetzke tried that line of defence many years ago IIRC.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 11 Jan 2008 23:18

peeping_bernal maybe he is been clever and is going for a Ronnie O'Sullivan (felt intimidated and unable to piss in public) and get off with it all, will make a great chapter in his book when he retires.

So as a professional sportsman he's never had to give a sample for the regular drug tests?

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 12 Jan 2008 00:33

hes a prat
Last edited by Mrs Butler on 12 Jan 2008 00:37, edited 1 time in total.

Cookie

by Cookie » 12 Jan 2008 00:35

I've been a big critic of the way Kits likes to sound off to the media at every chance he gets. I don't want him taking The Royals onto the front page of some crap newspaper. But he's screwed up and we need to get behind him now he's one of ours.
Last edited by Cookie on 12 Jan 2008 01:13, edited 1 time in total.

Cookie

by Cookie » 12 Jan 2008 00:46

Mrs Butler hes a prat

So you're not so sure about the Crispin now Mrs. B?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 12 Jan 2008 01:05

Those that didn't want Kitson to play tomorrow might just get your wish..........

Personally he'd be in my team on the basis that he's Reading's best player by miles but there we go.

423 posts