Good Old Kits

423 posts
The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 12 Jan 2008 14:16

Uke
The whole year inn AP got the information from a copper, who himself broke the law by telling AP about Kitsons arrest.

That's the sort of thing that could cause a case to collapse

Plod can be complete numpties at times

Exactly.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 Jan 2008 14:16

The whole year inn Just because it was deleted it doesn't mean it didn't happen :roll:

As everyone's posts and IP addresses are logged it most certainly did!

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 12 Jan 2008 14:20

The fact that handbags_harris also 'knew about this information' despite the fact he has a sibling serving time for causing death by dangerous driving is absolutely shocking IMO.

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 12 Jan 2008 14:40

The whole year inn The fact that handbags_harris also 'knew about this information' despite the fact he has a sibling serving time for causing death by dangerous driving is absolutely shocking IMO.

Yeah because that should be made public knowledge....TWAT.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 12 Jan 2008 14:55

The Goat was fed
The whole year inn The fact that handbags_harris also 'knew about this information' despite the fact he has a sibling serving time for causing death by dangerous driving is absolutely shocking IMO.

He admitted it on another thread.

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 12 Jan 2008 15:09

The whole year inn
The Goat was fed

He admitted it on another thread.

My bad...apologies.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 12 Jan 2008 15:09

I thought Kitson wasn't going to be playing.

:?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Jan 2008 16:21

The whole year inn
RoyalBlue
The whole year inn
Royal Rother
SpaceCruiser
Royal Rother Blimey, I know I can keep a discussion going on well past it's "sell-by" but is this one still going round in circles? :?

I'd have expected you to take an active role in this discussion. It's your sort of thing, isn't it?

Until the circumstances are known there is nothing I could feel comfortable discussing about this particular situation, bar the fact that AP must surely be bricking it now, as will his contact in the TVP who leaked the news in the first place. 8)

I agree with Rother here.

DK and his solicitors could do worse than checking HNA? out.

Never realised the Lita circumstances were fully known but that didn't appear to stop RR having plenty to say!

As for DK and his solicitors - yes some comments on here might be bordering on libellous but I suspect the last thing his reputation needs at present is for his lawyers to start hounding a very popular Reading fans' site or even individual fans!

AP got the information from a copper, who himself broke the law by telling AP about Kitsons arrest.

What law is that then?

Cemy Junction Expat

by Cemy Junction Expat » 12 Jan 2008 16:46

Archie's penalty
Diddyroyal i have no reason to lie, i think he's quality, im quite shocked tbh, why the fook was he in here at that time and not in the team hotel?

I believe you mate. He's obviously not gonna be in the team tomorrow. Coppell's a decent bloke. He will have told Kitson how it is. He'll be out of the team for one game so he can think about what he did...

Obviously .......

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 12 Jan 2008 19:39

The whole year inn
Uke
The whole year inn AP got the information from a copper, who himself broke the law by telling AP about Kitsons arrest.

That's the sort of thing that could cause a case to collapse

Plod can be complete numpties at times

Exactly.

Nah it wasn't a copper who told me chaps.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 12 Jan 2008 19:40

papereyes I thought Kitson wasn't going to be playing.

:?

That was the rumour I'd heard, was aobviously false, wouldn't have been a bad thing had he not though! His worst performance in years!

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 12 Jan 2008 21:22

The whole year inn
Royal Rother
SpaceCruiser
Royal Rother Blimey, I know I can keep a discussion going on well past it's "sell-by" but is this one still going round in circles? :?

I'd have expected you to take an active role in this discussion. It's your sort of thing, isn't it?

Until the circumstances are known there is nothing I could feel comfortable discussing about this particular situation, bar the fact that AP must surely be bricking it now, as will his contact in the TVP who leaked the news in the first place. 8)

I agree with Rother here.

DK and his solicitors could do worse than checking HNA? out.

Your honour, can we show Exhibit A, a manuscript from a cyber based internet forum where people post under made up guises :lol:

Miss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Miss » 12 Jan 2008 22:52

The Goat was fed So does that mean that the police can just stop your car if you are driving along and insist on giving you a roadside breath test? The answer is NO.

They are entitled to randomly stop your car, but they can only insist on a breath test if they have reasonable cause to suspect you have committed a traffic offence, or have consumed alcohol (eg they can smell it on your breath), or they reasonably believe you have been involved in an accident (eg the description of your car matches that given by a witness).

So when you are convinced you have done nothing wrong presumably you can refuse to give a sample??

So if they can only insist on a breath test if they have reasonable cause, they must have had reasonable cause.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 12 Jan 2008 23:24

Miss
The Goat was fed So does that mean that the police can just stop your car if you are driving along and insist on giving you a roadside breath test? The answer is NO.

They are entitled to randomly stop your car, but they can only insist on a breath test if they have reasonable cause to suspect you have committed a traffic offence, or have consumed alcohol (eg they can smell it on your breath), or they reasonably believe you have been involved in an accident (eg the description of your car matches that given by a witness).

So when you are convinced you have done nothing wrong presumably you can refuse to give a sample??

So if they can only insist on a breath test if they have reasonable cause, they must have had reasonable cause.
they can't stop you at random - they have to have a reasonable cause. That doesn't have to be that you are driving badly. It could just be that you have a bulb gone on a headlight. If you give them an excuse, they can pull you over. If they then smell alcohol on your breath then they can demand a breath test. You don't have to have done something wrong before they can demand a breath test.

If you can prove they pulled you over for no reason, then you can get off the failing to provide a sample charge, but unless the police are too dim to be able to come up with a plausible reason for stopping you, that's not likely to happen.

Saying "I'd done nothing wrong so I'd didn't need to give a breath test" to the judge is about as advisable as saying "up yours you old fart - I got pissed after making your daughter smell of my cock. Why don't you test her breath?".

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 12 Jan 2008 23:48

See what I posted yeserday :

Dirk Gently I got stopped a few months ago simply for driving a car out of a pub car park. I took the test and passed it easily, but when I did some investigation it turns out that these days just driving away from a pub is considered sufficient grounds to stop a person on suspicion of drink driving.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Jan 2008 00:05

Dirk Gently See what I posted yeserday :

Dirk Gently I got stopped a few months ago simply for driving a car out of a pub car park. I took the test and passed it easily, but when I did some investigation it turns out that these days just driving away from a pub is considered sufficient grounds to stop a person on suspicion of drink driving.

That has also happened to me.

Cookie

by Cookie » 13 Jan 2008 00:37

Diddyroyal Kits did not travel up with the squad today, he was in the crispin in harwell til 11:15, looking pretty pissed off, signed some autographs, suited and booted, god knows whats going on there....?

This is corroborated elsewhere by Mrs Butler and Alan Partridge. (I assume they're different people)

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 13 Jan 2008 12:04

Cookie
Diddyroyal Kits did not travel up with the squad today, he was in the crispin in harwell til 11:15, looking pretty pissed off, signed some autographs, suited and booted, god knows whats going on there....?

This is corroborated elsewhere by Mrs Butler and Alan Partridge. (I assume they're different people)

I heard it off Diddy! :lol:

Oh and yes, just a little bit different! :lol:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Jan 2008 12:06

Cookie

Perhaps he wanted to drive himself up whilst he still has the chance?!

Or maybe SC had planned to play Lita and they then had a fall out!

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 13 Jan 2008 12:29

Alan Partridge
Cookie

I heard it off Diddy! :lol:

Oh and yes, just a little bit different! :lol:

and i heard it from a friend

423 posts