Countdown to Pride Park

Cookie

Countdown to Pride Park

by Cookie » 13 Jan 2008 01:45

We've got to do better at Pride Park than Fulham do at Fratton Park.
That's what it comes down to.

I've tried to be upbeat, it's in my nature to enjoy the football and be positive. But we need to get an away win when we've only managed that once this season. Then hope that the Pompey players sign off with a win.
Last edited by Cookie on 03 May 2008 20:43, edited 12 times in total.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 13 Jan 2008 02:30

I predict Pride Park will host Random Inflatables VI: The Pride of Inflatables.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 13 Jan 2008 19:11

I'll be there and stay at the legendary midlands hotel

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 13 Jan 2008 19:21

I feel we will stay up this season but i am worried about next

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 13 Jan 2008 19:28

Samrfc01 I feel we will stay up this season but i am worried about next

I share your concern. It's never too early to worry.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 13 Jan 2008 19:31

Will we have a minute's silence or a minute's applause for our last ever game in the Premiership ? :?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 13 Jan 2008 19:39

I really hope we are ok by the Derby game. Come on u r's!!!

Northern Git

Re: Countdown to Pride Park

by Northern Git » 13 Jan 2008 19:46

Cookie Assuming that we don’t have a game on Saturday 17th May our last game will be the meeting with Derby County at Pride Park on the 11th. May.

Following today’s game at The Villa we have sixteen league games left, that’s a possible total of 48 points and would give The Royals a 70 point finish. :D :D

But with home games against Bolton, Villa, Man City, Birmingham, Blackburn, Fulham and Spurs we can arrive at Pride Park not needing the win.

I’ve not budgeted for anything against Manchester United.

Do the sums for the three most likely relegation candidates, Derby, Sunderland and Fulham. Any Royals total of 40+ will surely equal safety.

Would be very interested to know where, in your opinion, the required 18+ points (or six wins) are going to come from? It OK listing the home fixtures but do you really think we will beat Villa, Man C and Blackburn?

murts_the_god

by murts_the_god » 13 Jan 2008 20:30

Zammo Will we have a minute's silence or a minute's applause for our last ever game in the Premiership ? :?

you fanny lol i'll be giving them a round of applause if we go down or stay up

Cookie

by Cookie » 13 Jan 2008 21:32

Northern Git
Cookie Assuming that we don’t have a game on Saturday 17th May our last game will be the meeting with Derby County at Pride Park on the 11th. May.

Following today’s game at The Villa we have sixteen league games left, that’s a possible total of 48 points and would give The Royals a 70 point finish. :D :D

But with home games against Bolton, Villa, Man City, Birmingham, Blackburn, Fulham and Spurs we can arrive at Pride Park not needing the win.

Do the sums for the three most likely relegation candidates, Derby, Sunderland and Fulham. Any Royals total of 40+ will surely equal safety.

Would be very interested to know where, in your opinion, the required 18+ points (or six wins) are going to come from? It OK listing the home fixtures but do you really think we will beat Villa, Man C and Blackburn?

Why not, we might even nick something at any of Wigan, Newcastle or Boro away. :o

Factfinder

by Factfinder » 14 Jan 2008 00:20

I'm a little sceptical but I just took a look at Middlesborough's home record and well mmmm who knows. If Sonko comes back from Africa with his judgement and timing like it used to be maybe a three-pointer. 8)

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 14 Jan 2008 08:16

Cookie
Northern Git

Why not, we might even nick something at any of Wigan, Newcastle or Boro away. :o

Cookie - I really admire your confidence, and I hope you are right, but with our defense as it is I can only more defeats piling up between now and Pride Park.

Cookie

by Cookie » 19 Jan 2008 21:09

Northern Git
Cookie
Northern Git

Cookie - I really admire your confidence, and I hope you are right, but with our defense as it is I can only more defeats piling up between now and Pride Park.

Northern Git, hopefully you feel better after today's game and maybe the superb performance of so many players goes some way to answering your question. :wink:

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 19 Jan 2008 23:31

Deby - down
Fulham - down

..I just don't see "Reading" as the third name on that list.

Anyone remember the programme notes when at Derby when we went there unde Pardew after promotion.? Something along the lines of "no disrespect to Reading, but look how far we've fallen from where we have a right to be." I paraphrase a bit, but that's what I recall.

Won't need to win last day of the season. We'll be safe by then.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 20 Jan 2008 08:54

I think it was John Gregory saying relegation really sinks in when you see your first game of the season is against the likes of Reading.

rotherwick_royal

Re:

by rotherwick_royal » 20 Jan 2008 14:13

shadesrwrf
Samrfc01 I feel we will stay up this season but i am worried about next

I share your concern. It's never too early to worry.

I'm not worried.

Should I be worried about that? :shock:

Factfinder

by Factfinder » 21 Jan 2008 00:30

Even if Derby improve big time we should have enough to do them.
Pride Park hasn't been a happy-hunting-ground when we've needed the win.
Hell it won't come to that.

Cookie

by Cookie » 31 Jan 2008 23:16

The Bolton Wanderers game is bigger than I expected. But Kitson was "saved" for this game. I say he nets at least one and their blunt Anelka-less attack are kept in line by the born-again Cissé.

Edit: 09/03/08.
Damn blast me and that crystal ball!
Last edited by Cookie on 09 Mar 2008 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 31 Jan 2008 23:17

Anyone else sensing it could be operation JJB before Pride Park? That match could potentially be a major game and it wouldn't surprise me to see a 4,000 contingent go up for the match.

Cookie

by Cookie » 03 Feb 2008 15:59

Cookie The Bolton Wanderers game is bigger than I expected. But Kitson was "saved" for this game. I say he nets at least one and their blunt Anelka-less attack are kept in line by the born-again Cissé.

OK, I'm beginning to worry just a little now. Not because of yesterday's game and the way Bolton did a job on us, but because of the things Coppell said in his post-match interviews.

Here’s what he said to BBC Match of the Day.
"Reality is hitting home."
"It’s there for us to do."
“If we can improve significantly then we’ll be alright.”
“We’ve got time and games on our side at the moment but they soon disappear.”
“We need to put up more of a show against the teams round about us.”
“We have to be better, that’s my responsibility and I shoulder that responsibility.”
“I’m certainly not frightened of anything and we look forward to the next game.”

But when he spoke to the BBC Radio Berks guy after the match he sounded a little more worried. The interview isn’t on their website yet so I’ll go from memory.

“This squad of players has never had to face this kind of fight. We’ve always been involved at the other end of the table.”
And then he suggested he might have to fall on his sword.