center back for saterday

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 11 Jan 2008 11:32

Much as it pains me to post on thread with such appalling spelling, the OS says that Pearce is in the squad for tomorrow. I guess that means he'll be on the bench.
http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1212236,00.html

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 11 Jan 2008 13:06

[quote="rotherwick_royal"]all we are saying...

is give Pearce a chance

Cue for a song?

I agree with those that are suggesting Pearce.
This is not a game that we expect to win so why not play the boy?
I really do feel that last week's cup game was a lost opportunity for playing Pearce.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 11 Jan 2008 13:07

'I don't know my team yet, i usually find an hour watching Bonanza makes my mind up'

:lol:

Just like watching Reading defend for 90minutes!! Oh no that's Keystone Cops. 8)

Factfinder

by Factfinder » 11 Jan 2008 15:05

Before Bikey got stripped for action, Cisse quickly dropped back into that position when Sonko was sent off in the Pompey game. Maybe we saw something that's been rehearsed in training?

Or maybe his love-child Mr. La-di-da Gunner-Gunnarsen will play there. :)

Richi Royal

by Richi Royal » 11 Jan 2008 16:51

I will be very disappointed is gunasson playes tomorow for the simple reason alex pearce has train practically his whole life to play at centre back, learning positions etc. Where a gunnarsson is a midfielder. Apart from a few minutes here and there Gunnarsson has the same amount of experience in the premierleague at center back as pearce. Watching Gunnarsson been out battled practically every match is embarassing and large contributor to why we have conceded so many goal (he hanst stopped the supply making life difficult for the defence and USA) his lack of pace and strength will leave us desperatly exposed against carew and ablonglahor (sp?). For me it has to be either Pearce or Cisse who has all the physical attributes for a center back if not the technical ability.

fruits

by fruits » 11 Jan 2008 17:46

rg6royal Gunnar probably will start but would love to see Pearce given a run out.

Expect he will be "given a run out" for 10 minutes at the end when we are losing 3-0.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 11 Jan 2008 18:02

fruits
rg6royal Gunnar probably will start but would love to see Pearce given a run out.

Expect he will be "given a run out" for 10 minutes at the end when we are losing 3-0.

I fear that you may be exactly right - and against Carew with his tail up looking to complete his hat trick.

Cookie

by Cookie » 13 Jan 2008 13:39

We have a problem at centre back.
All the Sunday Newspapers are saying it, and Justin Edinburgh on Talk-Sport is saying it.
No surprises then.

But what are the Royals' management saying about it?

A short while ago we could have fielded a whole team of centre backs. Now we've sent Peter Mate back home and we've released Soje and Bennett to lower league outfits, with Sonko and Bikey in Ghana we can't say we were caught on the hop, can we?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 13 Jan 2008 13:41

Cookie We have a problem at centre back.
All the Sunday Newspapers are saying it, and Justin Edinburgh on Talk-Sport is saying it.
No surprises then.

A short while ago we could have fielded a whole team of centre backs. Now we've sent Peter Mate back home and we've released Soje and Bennett to lower league outfits, with Sonko and Bikey in Ghana we can't say we were caught on the hop, can we?

It's not just cb where we have a defensive problem. Our keeper has been indifferent all season and our full backs have no pace. Murty has been wretched in the last few games in particular.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 13 Jan 2008 13:49

Alan Partridge
No surprises then.

It's not just cb where we have a defensive problem. Our keeper has been indifferent all season and our full backs have no pace. Murty has been wretched in the last few games in particular.

Put DLC right back then as he has looked good.

Half Man Half Biscuit

by Half Man Half Biscuit » 13 Jan 2008 18:46

No surprises then.

Sow up the centre back problems and the whole team will improve, defensive mistakes cause anxiety. Look at all the penalties we've conceeded, and the times we've slogged it out with 10-men.