MOTD V Goals on Sunday

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

MOTD V Goals on Sunday

by Royal With Cheese » 20 Jan 2008 14:29

What was going on here then?

Hanson, Shearer and Linaker, gushing with praise on MOTD whereas Andy Richie and John Sheridan on GOS were convinced United could have won by at least 4. I normally like Sky's Sunday morning prog but they really let themselves down today. Poor analysis and poor diagnosis of the game.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: MOTD V Goals on Sunday

by winchester_royal » 20 Jan 2008 14:32

Royal With Cheese What was going on here then?

Hanson, Shearer and Linaker, gushing with praise on MOTD whereas Andy Richie and John Sheridan on GOS were convinced United could have won by at least 4. I normally like Sky's Sunday morning prog but they really let themselves down today. Poor analysis and poor diagnosis of the game.

probably because of RItchie's association with man utd

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 20 Jan 2008 14:51

Goals on Sunday is better, they showed that hunts goal vs sunderland was past the line and on MOTD they showed it wasnt and also on MOTD they dont show enough analysis of reading :twisted:

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 20 Jan 2008 14:59

I caught a bit of the 'days analysis' on Football First last night with that twat Nigel Winterburn. He was completely impressed by Manure and thought Reading put up a good fight but were never in it. What a complete fool. I swear he didn't watch the game at all. The ONLY reason that game was picked as their Game of the Day was because of the way Reading played and not because some fat bloke and some stinky looking portuguese fella scored 2 goals.

Normally like GoS, and I've gone on record recently as saying that MotD has lost it with their orgasms over the big 4. Maybe they've spotted this flaw and are now trying to rectify it... Oh wait, didn't they show a ridiculous 0-0 game as their first game of the evening? and then spend the whole anal-ysis time talking about Shearer going and being FuKing Kev's number 2? :lol: Mugs!

Sculpture of a Fan

by Sculpture of a Fan » 20 Jan 2008 15:35

Aren't they both right? We could have got a draw yesterday, and in some ways it would have been deserved. However, we could just as easily lost 4-0 and not been paricularly hard done by. I think MOTD were justified in praising our perfomance, but you can't ignore the fact that MU missed chance after chance and could have scored a lot more goals.

RG6

by RG6 » 20 Jan 2008 19:06

madreadingfan Goals on Sunday is better, they showed that hunts goal vs sunderland was past the line and on MOTD they showed it wasnt

That's because MOTD highly technical replay was something knocked up by Alan Shearer

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 20 Jan 2008 19:20

RG6
madreadingfan Goals on Sunday is better, they showed that hunts goal vs sunderland was past the line and on MOTD they showed it wasnt

That's because MOTD highly technical replay was something knocked up by Alan Shearer

You honestly believe that do you?

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 20 Jan 2008 19:22

Off topic in regards to MOTD, the Spurs Vs Reading 6-4 game alledgeley attracted a record audience for MOTD for that specific game of 4.6million.
Last edited by RG30 on 20 Jan 2008 21:12, edited 1 time in total.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 20 Jan 2008 20:55

Sculpture of a Fan However, we could just as easily lost 4-0 and not been paricularly hard done by.

You weren't at the same game as me then!

Dr Hfuhruhurr

by Dr Hfuhruhurr » 20 Jan 2008 21:14

MOTD was a bit weird this week wasnt it. The main highlights were highly favoured towards United. Then Hanson gets a semi on with Reading and discusses parts of the game that wasnt in the highlights. Now either I fell asleep through a bit of it, or there was some very strange editting going on.

God knows why I would want to watch goals on sunday.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 20 Jan 2008 22:14

Dr Hfuhruhurr MOTD was a bit weird this week wasnt it. The main highlights were highly favoured towards United. Then Hanson gets a semi on with Reading and discusses parts of the game that wasnt in the highlights. Now either I fell asleep through a bit of it, or there was some very strange editting going on.

God knows why I would want to watch goals on sunday.

I was screaming at the telly "YOU DIDN'T SHOW THAT BIT" (Kitson's 50 yarder) and wondered if I'd fallen asleep too.

Bizarre.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Jan 2008 22:20

yes most bizzarre

MOTD, ignoring our dominance whilst showing the game, then bulling us up in the post match spiel.

NOTW, showing only Man U pics.......putting (the very poor) Rooney in their team of the day ..................then spending best part of 400 words praising us :?: :?: :?: .

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 20 Jan 2008 23:41

Gordons Cumming
RG6

You honestly believe that do you?

It wasn't Shearer's graphics, but they were shocking. If you looked at the white lines they were twice as thick as the width of the goal post, when in fact they are the same size. It was very very poor, and I think they have just tried to pretend that they have the same technology that Sky have paid a small fortune for but are only using stills from FIFA 08... actually, FIFA 03 as they couldn't be bothered to pay out for a new version.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 21 Jan 2008 17:12

Sculpture of a Fan Aren't they both right? We could have got a draw yesterday, and in some ways it would have been deserved. However, we could just as easily lost 4-0 and not been paricularly hard done by. I think MOTD were justified in praising our perfomance, but you can't ignore the fact that MU missed chance after chance and could have scored a lot more goals.

I'm not sure about chance after chance...

I can remember Carrick and Ronaldo missing good chances, and Hahnemann's save from Hargreaves free kick, but apart from that they didn't do too much. Unless you count Ronaldo shooting from all angles as a good goalscoring chance that is.

We didn't create much either, so I think 2-0 probably reflected the number of chances/opportunities created but not quite the balance of play itself, which was much more even.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 21 Jan 2008 17:17

The problem was, you always knew they were going to score a goal

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 21 Jan 2008 19:11

MOTD is so much better than any of the Sky stuff. I do have sky, but I find their coverage far more big four biased than the BBC. I usually have 5 live on instead of the sky commentary. Was well pleased Motty commentated on us on sat.......ducks for cover

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1