Emerse Fae

170 posts
LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Emerse Fae

by LoyalRoyalFan » 24 Jan 2008 11:05

I know he is at the ACON atm.

But why has he not had many games this season?
We had been tracking him for a while,spent 2.5million to get him here and he has played 6 games for us.

I haven't been to many away games this season and those are the only games he has played in.
Will he get more of a chance when he gets back or will he sit in the reserves.

Or will he go back to France?
-------------------------------------------

From Setanta Sports

Emerse Fae has exclusively told setantasports.com he understands that his Reading future might be in doubt after he had a discussion with manager Steve Coppell about his role at the club.

French side Lille are believed to be interested in the Ivory Coast international, who is focused on playing in the African Cup of Nations with Les Elephants.

23-year-old Fae was highly rated in France when he left relegated Nantes for Reading in the summer, but the African has only appeared six times since the launch of the season and has never had the chance to prove himself in The Premier League.

Fae confessed that he asked manager Coppell why he does not play him more often, and the midfielder believes that the fact that he is not English could be a factor as the Royals boss has, in Fae's mind, made his preference for home-based players clear.

“I am focused on the African Cup of Nations right now and I don’t know anything about Lille’s interest,” Fae told setantasports.com. “A transfer would depend on so many things.

“Abdoulaye Meite (Bolton’s defender) sent me a text asking me if I was going to Lille. But before that I didn’t know anything about that. He read that on the Internet.

“The problem is that I haven’t played since the game against Arsenal. I was in the squad against Man City, but didn’t play.

“I spoke to the coach and my situation is even worse since we had that meeting. I prepared my speech not to make any mistakes and to be understood fairly. I didn’t want to launch a war, I have been polite.

“I asked him why I don’t play, told him he should give me my chance because the team wasn’t playing fantastically well. I told him I was not considered as the other players.

“He answered me that the best ones play, didn’t say more. But since that, I realise that my situation is worst.

“The coach said in an interview that they are too many foreigners in the league, and to be honest, I don’t think that it is a good point for us, to the contrary.

“I have always liked Lille, they are a good and stable team, so why not?”

Lille are believed to have made contact with Reading in a bid to sign Fae on a six-month loan deal.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

Re: Emerse Fae

by gazzer, loyal royal » 24 Jan 2008 11:10

Coppell came out and said that the french game is different to the english game and he will take time to adjust to the new environemt. in france midfield runners tend to get left to the back 4 to deal with rather than other midfielders tracking

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 24 Jan 2008 11:21

'the best ones player'

Number 6 Brynjar Gunnarsson

£2.5miLOLOLion weLOLOL spent.

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 24 Jan 2008 11:23

I'm sure I've read those quotes before. Isn't this just a recycled story or has the original just been dug up again?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 24 Jan 2008 11:24

I know many transfers are a risk, in fact mostly all of them, but he and Halford do smack of poor scouting to me.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 24 Jan 2008 11:30

The Surgeon of Crowthorne I'm sure I've read those quotes before. Isn't this just a recycled story or has the original just been dug up again?

Yes these quotes have been dug up the day before Fae went the ACON on the 10th.

But these quotes were used to show Fae is unhappy.

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 24 Jan 2008 11:31

The Surgeon of Crowthorne I'm sure I've read those quotes before. Isn't this just a recycled story or has the original just been dug up again?

Recycle. The possibilities are endless.

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 24 Jan 2008 17:01

I've always thought he looked a good player on the odd occasion I've seen him. Having said that, Cisse and Matejovsky have looked more impressive in their brief apperances in midfield.

Personally I don't see how he can get to pace with English football without actually playing in it. Maybe a loan spell in the Championship would be a better idea than wallowing in the reserves.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Jan 2008 17:05

The words "Cisse" "impressive" and "midfield" haven't gone very well together so far.

SSGTroyer

by SSGTroyer » 24 Jan 2008 17:38

Y21_Royal Personally I don't see how he can get to pace with English football without actually playing in it. Maybe a loan spell in the Championship would be a better idea than wallowing in the reserves.

This is probably the best solution, if some Champs squad would have him ... he needs to get on pace with the English game, because he seems to be still stuck in France, both in terms of his game and his mind.

Rhys The Royal

by Rhys The Royal » 24 Jan 2008 17:50

Gordons Cumming I know many transfers are a risk, in fact mostly all of them, but he and Halford do smack of poor scouting to me.

Wow, how did you fiqure that out? Just that he hasn't really been playing... and unless you watch every training session, I can't imagine how you got that conclusion.

g

by g » 24 Jan 2008 18:37

Gordons Cumming I know many transfers are a risk, in fact mostly all of them, but he and Halford do smack of poor scouting to me.

But according to Brian McDermott we were scouting Halford not too long after Pardew joined us, perhaps it's just poor scouts.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 24 Jan 2008 18:39

Cut our losses, file under Greg Halford.

Learn to actually go and see the player instead of buying someone based on a grainy DVD.

It's all a learning curve

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Jan 2008 20:50

Ideal

Fae has been a horrendous signing, and I think it has to do with his attitude.
Coppell seems to like players who are motivated to improve.
Judging by Fae's statements he is one of those people who thinks everyone else is wrong, rather than just trying to improve and get into the team.
We should get rid of him ASAP and get someone else.

I think you might have hit the nail on the head, Ideal.

Scouting, identifying and buying a player is one hald of the story. Developing them into what you want is the other.

Coppell's strenght lies in both areas but if a player just ain't going to allow to be worked on then it's just not going to work. Halford was a good example of this. Ok it may be unfair to suggest this is defo the case with Fae as we have very little evidence of an arrogant attitude but it may just be that he is 'unmouldable'.

That he is coming out and blaming it on him being foreign when a) we have so many foreigners in the team and have just signed (and are signing) more and b) we just got rid of an Englishman we paid £2.5 million for!) DOES seem to suggest a "it's not my fault" attitude, which Coppell abhors.

Unfortunately the sublter 50% of a player's atributes (i.e. how well mouldable they may be) are not easy to scout.

Let's hope Coppell can yet do some magic on the lad.

The bottom line though, as I've said before and been slated for, is that he's qute frankly rubbish. At the moment.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Jan 2008 21:25

I wouldn't say rubbish, I'd prefer not suited to our style of play or attitude.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 24 Jan 2008 22:21

But how can you or I judge him when he has barely played.
As for the scouting..Fae was tracked for a fair old while so it wasn't exactly a spur of the moment signing.
He should have had a run in the side ahead of Gunnar during the early part of the season IMO

Cookie

by Cookie » 24 Jan 2008 23:43

Ideal

Judging by Fae's statements he is one of those people who thinks everyone else is wrong, rather than just trying to improve and get into the team.

"horrendous signing" that's a bit strong old chap. :o

There are loads of examples of where a player comes from a skill-oriented atmosphere like the French league and then takes a while to bed in. Fae's "big brother" Diddly Drogba is just such a case. The Prem is strewn with them.

I say trust the club.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Jan 2008 03:39

Cookie
Ideal

"horrendous signing" that's a bit strong old chap. :o

There are loads of examples of where a player comes from a skill-oriented atmosphere like the French league and then takes a while to bed in. Fae's "big brother" Diddly Drogba is just such a case. The Prem is strewn with them.

I say trust the club.

True. I find it very hard to believe we'll haev somehow spent 2.5million on a dud. Especially not Coppell! There's clearly something special in the guy. Time will tell if the coaching staff can get it out of him and translate it to English football.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 25 Jan 2008 04:14

You find it hard to believe we have spent 2.5 million on a dud on two separate occasions, you mean?

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 25 Jan 2008 08:47

Ideal
2 world wars, 1 world cup Time will tell

I have to say I think time has already told.
If he's not settled in by now he probably never will be, and he's already giving it the "I'm to good to not be playing" treatment so he's not going to knuckle down in training.
I say we cut our losses, tell him to fcuk orf and sell him to some french buggers.
Maybe we could cut a swap deal with St. Etienne to get Bayall Sall? He looked a class act for Senegal the other night.

I don't want to give anyone false hope about Fae, but there are similarities between Fae's and Convey's situation when he first joined.

When we signed Convey, (for what was for us at time a lot of money), he simply could not get into the team for his first season, and even when he did play, he didn;t look that impressive. Convey also started making noises about leaving as well, then season 2 and he was a key figure in us romping the championship.

Yes there are parallels, and that is no guarantee in the 2nd season, but it can take time for these players to settle in.

170 posts