162 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Bikey

by RoyalBlue » 08 Feb 2008 16:39

Berkshire Born
Ideal Exactly. He could have had a broken ankle or whatever. Then these ghanaian officials push away the physios so they can't do their job. I fully understand why Bikey blew a fuse. They had it coming.

Having watched the video clip the official clearly pushed the physio just as Bikey approaches the melee. You see the physion lose his balance and fall from his knees to the floor.

True, it does look like he spots trouble brewing (the Cameroon physio/medic is trying to hold back the guys in yellow) and starts to jog over. As he gets closer a guy in yellow on the left gives the Cameroon physio/medic a shove, at which point Bikey races in and shoves him away.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 08 Feb 2008 17:14

RoyalBlue
Berkshire Born
Ideal Exactly. He could have had a broken ankle or whatever. Then these ghanaian officials push away the physios so they can't do their job. I fully understand why Bikey blew a fuse. They had it coming.

Having watched the video clip the official clearly pushed the physio just as Bikey approaches the melee. You see the physion lose his balance and fall from his knees to the floor.

True, it does look like he spots trouble brewing (the Cameroon physio/medic is trying to hold back the guys in yellow) and starts to jog over. As he gets closer a guy in yellow on the left gives the Cameroon physio/medic a shove, at which point Bikey races in and shoves him away.

yeah i just watched it and that's what it looks like to me. i can't understand why everyone is making such a big thing of this. fair enough the ref didn't see what happened so he gets sent off, but if the ref had seen the official shoving the physio perhaps it might not have been a red. either way it's not as bad as everyone's making out

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 08 Feb 2008 17:22

The 17 Bus once a twat always a twat.

But we don't hold it against you.

Berkshire Born

by Berkshire Born » 08 Feb 2008 17:49

rob the royal
RoyalBlue
Berkshire Born

yeah i just watched it and that's what it looks like to me. i can't understand why everyone is making such a big thing of this. fair enough the ref didn't see what happened so he gets sent off, but if the ref had seen the official shoving the physio perhaps it might not have been a red. either way it's not as bad as everyone's making out

To a large extent I have to agree. I just hope that the critics take another look at the whole incident and whilst not condone Bikey maybe just see it from his point of view.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 08 Feb 2008 17:52

Bl00dy brilliant - top man, Andre.... Looking after your own because of that nobber Ghanian St John's Ambulance bod.

That's just the sort of team spirit and togetherness as a squad that the Mad Man says will see RFC saved from the squalor of the Fizzy Pop Championship.

I want a Cameroon shirt with Bikey on the back. Seriously!

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 08 Feb 2008 18:00

I just heard about this and saw it.... and frankly, I don't see the big deal in the actual incident. It looks more like some Three Stooges moment than anything. Red card.... fine... move on I would have thought.

Larry_Parnell

by Larry_Parnell » 08 Feb 2008 18:35

Ian Royal And as long as he doesn't do it again I honestly don't see why you're getting out the rope and looking for the lynching tree.

Be honest, would you have made that comment if it was a white player.

Larry_Parnell

by Larry_Parnell » 08 Feb 2008 19:02

Maguire This incident is just a microcosm of Africa as a whole IMHO.

Perhaps you could expand your point of view a little further and tell us about your experience of Africa.

elrey

by elrey » 08 Feb 2008 19:35

After the stupidity of the African player of the year award, i suggest that Bikey is actually acting in the same vain as the organisers, besides, the security guard was pushing the medic trying to do his job!!!!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Feb 2008 21:06

Alan Partridge
Royal Lady I already said I didn't condone it, but that there might be mitigating circumstances. Pushing a bloke is hardly in the same bloddy league as killing anyone.

That wasn't the point. The point is, no matter what Reading players do..it's always someone else's fault.

There was a reason Kitson didn't give a breath test
There was a reason Bikey pushed some bloke 20metres
There was a reason Lita got arrested

Sometimes, people make mistakes. Deal with ti and stop playing the blame game....AGAIN.

Get a grip Partridge, it's people willing to take the time to judge the incident on decent amounts of evidence not making snap judgements.

If it was always someone else's fault no one would ever be slating Lita for any of his incidents.

Bikey is clearly wandering over to see how Song is, sees or hears something he doesn't like an reacts. Stupidly and dissapointedly, but understandably. No intention to harm, no following up. Just shoves a guy away from his injured countryman and physio. Deserves to be punished, but yet again the reactionary Reading faithful blow something out of all proportion.

Can't believe I'm agreeing with Ideal, but I'm not at all surprised with Wycombe, Rother and RL.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 09 Feb 2008 10:30

papereyes Why? Cantona had already been sent off for kicking at the Palace centreback.

Yes, but Cantona's long ban resulted from the 2nd offence. So there is some parallel here.

Kevin Doyles Right Foot

by Kevin Doyles Right Foot » 09 Feb 2008 13:05

Maybe Bikey thought the official was standing on Songs leg?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 09 Feb 2008 14:26

Dick Habbin's hairdo Bl00dy brilliant - top man, Andre.... Looking after your own because of that nobber Ghanian St John's Ambulance bod

I've never seen him post on here. Is he a newbie?

crossie
Hob Nob Regular

by crossie » 10 Feb 2008 16:16

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/7237636.stm
The paramedic Bikey pushed over claims that he is in pain after suffering bruising to his head and waist.
"Nobody has had contact with me but they should take care of my health too. I have to be given a medical check-up to see if I have been affected."

:roll:

Archies Volley

Re:

by Archies Volley » 10 Feb 2008 17:53

crossie http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/7237636.stm
The paramedic Bikey pushed over claims that he is in pain after suffering bruising to his head and waist.
"Nobody has had contact with me but they should take care of my health too. I have to be given a medical check-up to see if I have been affected."

:roll:

You wonder how the Cameron physio who was initially pushed to the floor by Samuel Ashia feels?

Has he had his apology?

Cookie

by Cookie » 10 Feb 2008 19:05

His team lost 1-0 in the final. The goal was due to some dubious defending by Rigobert Song.
Bikey will always wonder what he would have done if he'd been there in the Cameroon rearguard.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Feb 2008 22:35

Cookie His team lost 1-0 in the final. The goal was due to some dubious defending by Rigobert Song.
Bikey will always wonder what he would have done if he'd been there in the Cameroon rearguard.

Watching Rigobert cock up?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Feb 2008 22:54

Ideal
Archie's penalty What an idiot and what a shame...

No, YOU are the idiot.

Ghana are at home. Somehow the personell GET IN THE WAY of the Cameroon physio's, and PREVENT THEM from doing their work.
Presumably they did this on purpouse to get the player out of the way so Ghana could have a better chance of equalising. It was unfair, unsportsmanly and I certainly understand how their behaviour provoked such great anger in Andre Bikey.
Although he should have restrained himself and controlled his temper, I fully understand why he did what he did, because those assholes were behaving in a totally unsportsmanly way.

All you oxf*rd oxf*rd assholes who condemn Bikey for doing this don't have a oxf*rd clue.

That's interesting I didn't know that. Have to admit I don't have a clue. What happened exactly??

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 11 Feb 2008 02:08

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 11 Feb 2008 03:22

West Stand Man
papereyes Why? Cantona had already been sent off for kicking at the Palace centreback.

Yes, but Cantona's long ban resulted from the 2nd offence. So there is some parallel here.

If the original point wasn't using Cantona as an example of violence against someone other than an opponent as a sending off offence, then yes, that might be the case.

162 posts