Team for Villa

127 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Team for Villa

by Ian Royal » 14 Feb 2008 21:32

rfcjoe Get the slow old shit out and replace it with pacey youngsters or fresh legs. Murty gunnarsson convey oster harper and ingimarsson should never play for the club again - pure shit the lot of them - slow and weak and inaffective in games.My team would be depending on availability:

Usa

rosenior sonko cisse shorey

kebe marek karacan/fae hunty

lita(form in reserves + doyles poor form) kits

You sir, are the poor victim of a bodged lobotomy.

RG6

by RG6 » 14 Feb 2008 22:59

Ian Royal
rfcjoe Get the slow old shit out and replace it with pacey youngsters or fresh legs. Murty gunnarsson convey oster harper and ingimarsson should never play for the club again - pure shit the lot of them - slow and weak and inaffective in games.My team would be depending on availability:

Usa

Actually after reading what he said I think the lobotomy went quite well

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 15 Feb 2008 09:02

Marsuc
Rosenior Sonko Cisse Shorey
Kebe Marek Harper Hunt
Lita Kitson

Howser17

by Howser17 » 15 Feb 2008 10:44

West Stand Flash Marsuc
Kebe Marek Harper Hunt
Lita Kitson

This is the team that i would like to see, although would be surprised to see Rosenior start, and possibly even Kebe.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 15 Feb 2008 10:52

RG6
Ian Royal

Usa

Actually after reading what he said I think the lobotomy went quite well

In fact they probably did well to find a suitable organ to lobotomise

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 15 Feb 2008 11:11

The whole year inn John Oster should not be anywhere near the starting XI, let alone the subs bench

No shit Sherlock?
Shame the powers that be cannot see that.
Still, Sir Steve knows best and loyalty WILL see us through.
Not sure where it will see us through to, but it will see us through.
Any news on Karacan's upcoming transfer to a League 1 outfit BTW?

79Royal

by 79Royal » 15 Feb 2008 11:13

West Stand Flash Marsuc
Kebe Marek Harper Hunt
Lita Kitson

100% agree.

Whoever said that Harper shouldn't play for the club again is clearly suffering from some form of dementia or is on the wind up.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 15 Feb 2008 11:31

The 17 Bus
well that quote is from a google search, if he is none of those things we have to ask why we signed him, and JM should be asking those questions now. If he is not happy with the answers then he should take appropriate action, and soon.

Indeed - and so should many on here blaming Madejski for Coppell's failings in the transfer market, let alone his team selections, which have been nothing short of baffling at places like Blackburn and Villa Park.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 15 Feb 2008 11:43

Royalee
The 17 Bus
well that quote is from a google search, if he is none of those things we have to ask why we signed him, and JM should be asking those questions now. If he is not happy with the answers then he should take appropriate action, and soon.

Indeed - and so should many on here blaming Madejski for Coppell's failings in the transfer market, let alone his team selections, which have been nothing short of baffling at places like Blackburn and Villa Park.

The difference being, Royalee, Coppell sees them everyday in training. You don't.

I'm not saying Coppell is faultless, it's a results based business and he has to take the flak for wherewe currently lie in the table. However, I fail to see how you are qualified to make comments on his selection policies.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 15 Feb 2008 13:09

79Royal
West Stand Flash Marsuc
Kebe Marek Harper Hunt
Lita Kitson

100% agree.

Whoever said that Harper shouldn't play for the club again is clearly suffering from some form of dementia or is on the wind up.

He is the clubs table tennis champion as well (revealed on talksport yesterday)

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 15 Feb 2008 13:12

Having seen every game bar Spurs in the cup this season, as well as the likes of dross like Oster play in years gone by, I feel very qualified to give my opinion thank you, especially as the majority of the fans can also see his failings. I'd love to be in your world and imagine that Gunnarsson, Oster, Harper and Lita among others magically transform to play like Pele in training, but unfortunately I'm not seeing it somehow.

If our manager refuses to select his team based on how they do on a Saturday, then I suggest that maybe he should be looking at signing Mr Woo if he prefers to look on unchallenged exhibitions to judge whether or not a player is good enough to earn a first team place.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Feb 2008 13:43

79Royal
Royalee
The 17 Bus

The difference being, Royalee, Coppell sees them everyday in training. You don't.

I'm not saying Coppell is faultless, it's a results based business and he has to take the flak for wherewe currently lie in the table. However, I fail to see how you are qualified to make comments on his selection policies.

What's the point in playing someone who looks good in training but can't deliver when it matters?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 15 Feb 2008 14:52

Royalee Having seen every game bar Spurs in the cup this season, as well as the likes of dross like Oster play in years gone by, I feel very qualified to give my opinion thank you, especially as the majority of the fans can also see his failings. I'd love to be in your world and imagine that Gunnarsson, Oster, Harper and Lita among others magically transform to play like Pele in training, but unfortunately I'm not seeing it somehow.

If our manager refuses to select his team based on how they do on a Saturday, then I suggest that maybe he should be looking at signing Mr Woo if he prefers to look on unchallenged exhibitions to judge whether or not a player is good enough to earn a first team place.

But do you or do you not have an irrational hatred of Harper Royalee? This business isn't about that. It's about taking rational decisions. I think Coppell is one of the best in the game at making those kind of decisions...

Fezza

by Fezza » 15 Feb 2008 15:03

Archie's penalty
Royalee Having seen every game bar Spurs in the cup this season, as well as the likes of dross like Oster play in years gone by, I feel very qualified to give my opinion thank you, especially as the majority of the fans can also see his failings. I'd love to be in your world and imagine that Gunnarsson, Oster, Harper and Lita among others magically transform to play like Pele in training, but unfortunately I'm not seeing it somehow.

But do you or do you not have an irrational hatred of Harper Royalee? This business isn't about that. It's about taking rational decisions. I think Coppell is one of the best in the game at making those kind of decisions...

Don't forget the hatred of Lita as well.

To be honest I think Gunnar, Ivar and Murts are off the pace at Premiership level (not a problem next year then), I also think that SC has a somewhat irrational loyalty to those players despite their performance.

On the Harper front all I see is a lot of running around and passing sideways, In the years he has been at Reading I have never thought of him as a defensive or attacking option, which does I think bode the question as to why he is in the side (lack of alternatives accepted)?

At the moment we seem to be hanging on to a lot of very able Championship players, which I suppose is sensible given we may end up there, but, also unacceptable as a fan as we've had three transfer windows to sort it out.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 15 Feb 2008 15:14

Firstly, I was referring only to Harper. I agree that the others on that list have been found out this season, though I do think that they would make satisfactory squad players and should be kept hold of for now.

Secondly, I never said that the players perform like Pele in training. I was merely stating the fact the Coppell sees these players everyday and you do not, making him better qualified to make team selections than you.

Finally, if a player cannot be bothered to put in the effort in training, or fails to impress, then he is unlikely to make the first team, regardless of how the 11 that play on a Saturday perform. What is the point in bringing a player that looks worse in training than what you've already got?

By all means, put your views forward on this board, but don't expect everyone to agree with them. Harper's not for you, but personally, I think that he's a battler and that's the type of player we need at the moment.

Oh and congratulations on being such a loyal royal.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 15 Feb 2008 15:17

Fezza
Archie's penalty

Don't forget the hatred of Lita as well.

To be honest I think Gunnar, Ivar and Murts are off the pace at Premiership level (not a problem next year then), I also think that SC has a somewhat irrational loyalty to those players despite their performance.

On the Harper front all I see is a lot of running around and passing sideways, In the years he has been at Reading I have never thought of him as a defensive or attacking option, which does I think bode the question as to why he is in the side (lack of alternatives accepted)?

At the moment we seem to be hanging on to a lot of very able Championship players, which I suppose is sensible given we may end up there, but, also unacceptable as a fan as we've had three transfer windows to sort it out.

Disagree in the main. Harper has been one of our most effective attacking outlets this year. He has scored some very good goals (Citeh, Liverpool, Villa) and should aim to make runs into the box more.

Is it not perfectly rational to go with players you know and trust? This has stood Coppell in good stead with people like Sidwell, Hunt, Sonko and others. If we stay up Coppell has a right to feel vindicated for his loyalty to players like Gunnarsson.

My favourite team at the moment?

Hahnemann

Murty Cisse Sonko Shorey

Kebe Harper Matejovsky Hunt

One of Kitson, Lita, Doyle and Long. Kitson and Doyle are both off form. Don't really know who I'd play up front...

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 15 Feb 2008 15:20

79Royal

Firstly, I was referring only to Harper. I agree that the others on that list have been found out this season, though I do think that they would make satisfactory squad players and should be kept hold of for now.

Secondly, I never said that the players perform like Pele in training. I was merely stating the fact the Coppell sees these players everyday and you do not, making him better qualified to make team selections than you.

Finally, if a player cannot be bothered to put in the effort in training, or fails to impress, then he is unlikely to make the first team, regardless of how the 11 that play on a Saturday perform. What is the point in bringing a player that looks worse in training than what you've already got?

By all means, put your views forward on this board, but don't expect everyone to agree with them. Harper's not for you, but personally, I think that he's a battler and that's the type of player we need at the moment.

Oh and congratulations on being such a loyal royal.

Good post mate. If we take Harper out of the team we would have absolutely zero drive. It would be madness!

79Royal

by 79Royal » 15 Feb 2008 15:26

Fezza On the Harper front all I see is a lot of running around and passing sideways, In the years he has been at Reading I have never thought of him as a defensive or attacking option, which does I think bode the question as to why he is in the side (lack of alternatives accepted)?

I totally agree with your second paragraph.

As for Harper, well, I'm a fan of his. My case for the defense being that he is fairly comfortable on the ball, he's mobile, can run all day, can weigh in with his fair share of goals and is sensible with his passing. I think what has been lacking for Harper this season is a 'good fit' to play alongside him. His partnership with Sidwell worked, because he was able to offload to Sidwell who would get forward. This season, he's been paired with Gunnarsson, Fae and Cisse, all of whom are too similar to Harper.

That could all change now with Matejovsky. I think he's the sort of player that will complement Harps. I don't mind Harper passing sideways to Matejovsky, because Marek will be looking to create. With Gunnar, Fae or Cisse next to him, there's been no drive through the middle.

IMO, it's better to retain possesion, than hit a long ball that is likely to ome stariaght back at us. I think Harper is pretty good at this.

Is that fair comment?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 15 Feb 2008 15:31

79Royal
Fezza On the Harper front all I see is a lot of running around and passing sideways, In the years he has been at Reading I have never thought of him as a defensive or attacking option, which does I think bode the question as to why he is in the side (lack of alternatives accepted)?

I totally agree with your second paragraph.

As for Harper, well, I'm a fan of his. My case for the defense being that he is fairly comfortable on the ball, he's mobile, can run all day, can weigh in with his fair share of goals and is sensible with his passing. I think what has been lacking for Harper this season is a 'good fit' to play alongside him. His partnership with Sidwell worked, because he was able to offload to Sidwell who would get forward. This season, he's been paired with Gunnarsson, Fae and Cisse, all of whom are too similar to Harper.

That could all change now with Matejovsky. I think he's the sort of player that will complement Harps. I don't mind Harper passing sideways to Matejovsky, because Marek will be looking to create. With Gunnar, Fae or Cisse next to him, there's been no drive through the middle.

IMO, it's better to retain possesion, than hit a long ball that is likely to ome stariaght back at us. I think Harper is pretty good at this.

Is that fair comment?

Very apt post. Matejovsky will hopefully provide our midfield with the balance it needs. Fwiw I think the Cisse Sonko partnership may now blossom as well. If I'm right that's two of our most important problems areas this season resolved...

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 15 Feb 2008 15:33

The problem I have with a centre mid pairing of Harper & Mateyboy is that neither of them can tackle. I like Harper a lot & on form he can control a game but if we're conceding a lot of possesion, neither he or Marek are capable of getting it back.

127 posts