Will Coppell change it?

Will coppell make more than 3 unforced changes?

Poll ended at 01 Mar 2008 16:52
No
14%
Yes - less than 3
50%
Yes - 3 or more changes
35%

Total votes: 105
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Will Coppell change it?

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 25 Feb 2008 20:07

He has to change things now, but we ain't got too much to come in.

I'd like to see both Rosenior and Bikey given a run. Fcuk knows what to do with midfield, none of the players we have can form a balanced partnership, Bryn's not the answer and there's no one else. Kebe's better than Oster, but who isn't and none of our strikers look like scoring, all well and good Lita scoring against kids, he hasn't looked good for the 1st team.

USA
Rosenior
Bikey
Ivar
Shorey
Kebe
Marek
Harps
Hunt
Doyle
Lita

Can't think of much else.

RG6

by RG6 » 25 Feb 2008 20:20

We've heard it all before from Coppell, "when we have lost I have the right to make as many changes as I like" that is what he said, and yet I'm still waiting for these so-called changes to happen.

Personally I don't think he will change the team, I think he will stick with the same players we started with against Villa, but I be delighted if i'm proved wrong. Would be nice to see Bikey get a run out in place of Harper, and lets give Leroy a chance, he can't do any worse than the current strike force.

glosson

by glosson » 25 Feb 2008 20:41

He will probably just replace one or two:
Ivar in for Cisse and Kebe in for Oster

He SHOULD give more players a chance;
Lita in for Doyle
in mid-field, he does need to find a better balance and think creatively; Put kebe and convey on the wings for some pace and hunt and bikey in the middle for some bite. anything beats lobbing the ball over the midfield because they can't seem to hold posession.
i'm certainly not a greater football mind than Steve, but I certainly don't keep repeating the same process expecting a different result. i learned that in grade school.

*after typing that, i started having visions of Convey getting slapped around like a little b*tch against Mexico. Pretty much anyone else would do a better job getting the ball up field at this point.

Get Carter

by Get Carter » 25 Feb 2008 20:59

Coppell and Downes do not appear to know how to stop defeat after defeat - blind loyalty gets you 8 consecutive defeats, no points in 2008 and a team in freefall. We have a goalkeeper whose kicks are destined to go into touch like rugby - every single game is the same - drop him for Federici, distribution is an important part of goalkeeping duties - let USA concentrate on his newspaper column.
Drop Murty for Rosenior
Drop Harper for Bikey
Drop Cisse and Sonko for Ivar and Duberry
Drop Oster for Fae
Drop Doyle for Lita or Long
Come on Coppell - do something - don't just hope like Mr Micawber that something will turn up.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 25 Feb 2008 21:32

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe He has to change things now, but we ain't got too much to come in.

I'd like to see both Rosenior and Bikey given a run. Fcuk knows what to do with midfield, none of the players we have can form a balanced partnership, Bryn's not the answer and there's no one else. Kebe's better than Oster, but who isn't and none of our strikers look like scoring, all well and good Lita scoring against kids, he hasn't looked good for the 1st team.

USA
Rosenior
Bikey
Ivar
Shorey
Kebe
Marek
Harps
Hunt
Doyle
Lita

Can't think of much else.

Swap Doyle for Long and I would go with your team.

readingtillidie

by readingtillidie » 25 Feb 2008 21:50

IT'S TO LATE TO CHANGE THINGS AROUND.THIS SHOULD OF BEEN DONE 5 GAMES AGO!
SC SHOULD HAVE ENOUGH BOTTLE TO DROP THE OFF FORM PLAYERS FROM THE TEAM BUT HE HAS NOT! SORT IT F U C K I N G OUT :evil:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 25 Feb 2008 21:54

Isn't Sonko suspended because he's on 5 yellows? So that would be one change.

Billy The Fish

by Billy The Fish » 25 Feb 2008 21:54

Out In
USA Fed
Murty Rosenior
Shorey DLC
Cisse Ingi
--- Keep Sonks (some signs of improvement and better with Ingi)
Oster Fae (No, really, tried before and showed some ability I thought)
Harper Bikey
--- Keep Marek
--- Keep Hunty (Capt)
Kitson Lita
Doyle Long

Subs
USA
Cisse
Kitson
Gunnar
Harps

Blimey :shock:

Howser17

by Howser17 » 25 Feb 2008 23:00

USA

Rosenior
Ingi
Shorey

Kebe
Marek
Harps
Hunt

Kits
Lita

Wouldn't mind this.. I love Murty, and he tries so hard, however he is slow and fresh blood should be given a chance with Rosenior, or maybe de la cruz (no he is not fresh blood). The other changes that may be deemed "big changes" with sir steve would be to start with kebe and lita. Oster just doesn't crack it, crosses the ball well but apart from that he is rubish, ands looks out of shape as well. Lita i feel has to start.

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 25 Feb 2008 23:05

if Coppell had any idea, he would have changed it 6 games ago

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Feb 2008 23:20

Hahnemann - by far our best keeper and only his kicking is a problem.
Murty - ponderous and slow but what effect does his captaincy have? - De La Cruz/Rosenior IN
Shorey - sort out his set pieces and he's fine, certainly no better option unless you count playing De La out of position as a good idea.
Sonko - Mr Comedy defending has the quality but isn't doing it. Bikey IN
Cisse - Sonko seems to have rubbed off on him but I don't see Ivar or Duberry as alternatives right now, both too slow in a team that has terrible reaction times.
Oster - afraid to attack and hesitant, wrong decisions Kebe IN (will spend half the game being shocking, but might actually create something in the other half)
Hunt - Can't see any better alternatives. Convey has done nothing to show he should be in ahead of him
Harper - Our most consitent player by a mile. Hasn't been fantastic, but always solid. What other alternative? Needs to attack hard
Matejovski - Can't see any alternatives.
Kitson - Should in theory link really well with Marek and Harper No alternative
Doyle - Can't buy a goal and is getting beaten to the ball too often. Lita IN may encourage less balls over the top.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Feb 2008 23:21

Howser17 USA

Rosenior
Ingi
Shorey

Kebe
Marek
Harps
Hunt

Kits
Lita

Wouldn't mind this.. I love Murty, and he tries so hard, however he is slow and fresh blood should be given a chance with Rosenior, or maybe de la cruz (no he is not fresh blood). The other changes that may be deemed "big changes" with sir steve would be to start with kebe and lita. Oster just doesn't crack it, crosses the ball well but apart from that he is rubish, ands looks out of shape as well. Lita i feel has to start.

Are you just assuming Sonko has already been sent off?

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 26 Feb 2008 11:04

Maybe this thread should be changed to Can Coppell change it?

what is our best 11?

do we have anyone that can change it? I cannot think of anyone that could change our game at the moment... Maybe Lita would make a difference but i am not confident with that tbf

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Feb 2008 11:12

Royal Lady Isn't Sonko suspended because he's on 5 yellows? So that would be one change.

As far as I can see Sunday was Sonko's first booking of the season.

Also Gunnarsson and Convey are both out with injuries aren't they? Or was Convey just receiving an injection for precautionary purposes?

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 26 Feb 2008 11:25

Royal Lady Isn't Sonko suspended because he's on 5 yellows? So that would be one change.

Lots of posters have been saying this, but according to the OS he's only had one red card all season. Admittedly, the relevant page hasn't been updated since 12th Feb but he can't have picked up 4 yellows in that time.
Unless of course the OS is wrong, & I can't think when that's happened before.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Feb 2008 11:29

Lots of posters have been saying this, but according to the OS he's only had one red card all season. Admittedly, the relevant page hasn't been updated since 12th Feb but he can't have picked up 4 yellows in that time.

Soccerbase also shows just one yellow for the season (on Sunday obviously).

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 26 Feb 2008 11:47

I can't see Coppell dropping Murty. I just can't. I hope he does but no way will he have the bottle to do it.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 26 Feb 2008 12:50

Coppelled Streets
RoyalBlue
andrew1957 The problem SC has is that different players are performing well/badly each week. I cannot believe the negativity about Cisse for example as everyone on here was lauding him as a hero after Man U. He has on poor performance and people say he should never play again - ridiculous!

Sky (Ray Wilkins) were also praising Cisse for a brilliant goal saving block he made against Villa.

That hides how terrible he was for the rest of the game. Caught out of position endless times, swinging legs about and missing the ball. It was only Villa's poor finishing that let us off the hook.

its pointless just assessing one player and saying oh, hes awful at this, or that, so we must drop him, its about what we have to replace him.

the point is, do we have better? cisse may be bad in the air, but hes quicker than sonks doobs and ivar
bikey is good in the air and quick, but he has those rushes of blood like sonks.
doobs is good in the air, but cant pass, and is slow, but with good leadership qualities
ivar is average in all areas, but can pass the ball, and is also a leader
its the best combination of these players, who give best coverage of the oppositions strengths in attack who should be picked-ie fast nippy strikers cisse and bikey, big lumps sonks and bikey

IMHO

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Feb 2008 13:12

The reason lots of posters have been saying that Sonko has picked up 5 yellows is the fact that Sky flashed it up on the screen when he was booked against Villa. Maybe their caption guy hit the wrong key.

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 26 Feb 2008 13:15

Unlikely to blood a lesser experienced right back against Downing.
Desperately need to stop the rot so may go there for a point and play 1 up front, Kitson if we play football, Lita/long if we hoof it over the top. Would leave a space for a holding midfielder, Bikey/Cisse with the other at the back.
Kebe's pace on the right.