Time to button it, John Madejski

110 posts
The Goat was fed

Time to button it, John Madejski

by The Goat was fed » 25 Feb 2008 20:31

Is anybody else tired of the nonsense our chairman is spouting at the moment?

We hear next to nothing from him when it counts, i.e. when the transfer window is open and he can actually do something about rectifying our current situation.

Now that he sees his cash cow that is the Premier League slipping away through his own neglect, he won't shut up appealing to the fans/players/tea ladies to get us out of the mess his lack own of investment is to blame for.

And please don't say it's Coppell's fault for the lack of investment. He is too cute to criticise his boss in public (as most of us would be) and has to suffer in silence as our lack of competitiveness in the transfer market is clear for all to see.

Our chairman's latest missive in today's Post - "If we've had a lesser team we might have got a better result" -is just an insult to our intelligence.

At least there will be plenty of opportunities to play "lesser teams" next season in the Champtionship. And Mr M will be tens of millions better off thanks to all that unspent Sky TV money.

Stevie G

Re: Time to button it, John Madejski

by Stevie G » 25 Feb 2008 20:47

Agreed. I for one am sick of hearing 'our biggest game of the season' and all the optimism that goes with it since just prior to the Bolton match (that we threw away) and then when we lose, ah well we have another number of matches to put it right now. By all means lets motivate the players and crowd, but I get the feeling that the rhetoric is more about making money than motivating the result.

RG6

by RG6 » 25 Feb 2008 21:08

The Goat was fed Is anybody else tired of the nonsense our chairman is spouting at the moment?

No

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 25 Feb 2008 21:47

CauLOLdROFLon of Optimism.

Cookie

by Cookie » 25 Feb 2008 21:57

Threads that slag off The Chairman, they bother me.
He's put £Millions into the club, and he gets criticised for not putting enough £Millions in.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Feb 2008 22:07

The Goat was fed Is anybody else tired of the nonsense our chairman is spouting at the moment?

We hear next to nothing from him when it counts, i.e. when the transfer window is open and he can actually do something about rectifying our current situation.

Now that he sees his cash cow that is the Premier League slipping away through his own neglect, he won't shut up appealing to the fans/players/tea ladies to get us out of the mess his lack own of investment is to blame for.

And please don't say it's Coppell's fault for the lack of investment. He is too cute to criticise his boss in public (as most of us would be) and has to suffer in silence as our lack of competitiveness in the transfer market is clear for all to see.

Our chairman's latest missive in today's Post - "If we've had a lesser team we might have got a better result" -is just an insult to our intelligence.

At least there will be plenty of opportunities to play "lesser teams" next season in the Champtionship. And Mr M will be tens of millions better off thanks to all that unspent Sky TV money.

Agree totally.

I know I'll get slagged off for this but I see our shocking lack of spending (and therefore Madejski pocketing the tens of millions) as evening out what he put into the club. He put millions in. He's now taking millions out it seems. We're even. I'll be thankful for what he did, but I won't go crazy with my respect for the guy anymore.

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 25 Feb 2008 22:10

Cookie Threads that slag off The Chairman, they bother me.
He's put £Millions into the club, and he gets criticised for not putting enough £Millions in.

There isn't another chairman in the Premiership who puts less into his club than John Madejski.

Premiership football = £40 million a year income.

Where's the money gone, John?

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 25 Feb 2008 22:16

Did anyone listen to his recent interviews on Reading 107 & BBC 5 Live Sportsweek? If so, how did you think he came across?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Feb 2008 22:19

The Goat was fed

There isn't another chairman in the Premiership who puts less into his club than John Madejski.

Premiership football = £40 million a year income.

Where's the money gone, John?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 25 Feb 2008 22:23

I forgot the chairman buys, sells and coaches players and picks the team. You bunch of half-wits.

If he wasn't giving Coppell the required financial backing then Coppell would hardly come out and say this you imbeciles:
http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1248114,00.html

Yes, definitely the words there of a manager unhappy because of a lack of funds to spend.

Try reading this one as well idiots: http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1249676,00.html

Oh, and state of the art training grounds, hotels, media suites and Oster's wages are all free of course according to Hobnob Economic Theory.

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 25 Feb 2008 22:28

Royalee I forgot the chairman buys, sells and coaches players and picks the team. You bunch of half-wits.

If he wasn't giving Coppell the required financial backing then Coppell would hardly come out and say this you imbeciles:

Yes, definitely the words there of a manager unhappy because of a lack of funds to spend.

Try reading this one as well idiots: http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1249676,00.html

Oh, and state of the art training grounds, hotels, media suites and Oster's wages are all free of course according to Hobnob Economic Theory.

You are missing my point. (a) Coppell is too smart to slag off his boss. We are talking are a man who put up with Ron Noades for many years. (b) those links are club propaganda trying to paper over the cracks and (c) do you seriously think the chairman has had nothing to do with the fact that Reading FC have not even attempted to be competiive in the transfer market?

dogmark01

by dogmark01 » 25 Feb 2008 22:29

if you stopped calling everyone silly names maybe people would listen???

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 25 Feb 2008 22:34

They feel free to call Madejski names, say he's tight and mock his comments so I feel free to do theirs. I feel it's a level playing field and I've managed to lower myself down to the name-calling petty hypocrisy which embodies this site .

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Feb 2008 22:41

Royalee I forgot the chairman buys, sells and coaches players and picks the team. You bunch of half-wits.

Using that sort of language with people you happen to disagree with is totally uncalled for. Ironicly though, believing for even a second that Coppell would have the blessing to spend millions freely with a decent wage structure yet would choose not use the opportunity, or that he wouldn't have those funds but would have the stupidity to say so and not claim otherwise certainly does justify such name-calling. It's not as though we haven't seen it before from Burns/ Parj etc etc. Naivety is a beautiful thing.

Dr Hfuhruhurr

by Dr Hfuhruhurr » 25 Feb 2008 22:48

LOL - Ive already answered [a] already, and Im very disappointed that I didnt even get called a spastic. The media suite has already been covered, and why would a football fan care if we had a hotel or not?

As for Oster's contract - well lets just say a cheap squad player is right up Madejski's alley. (similarly Gunnarson's unexpected contract). I thought we'd sold him to Wolves at the end of last season, but I guess the replacement would have been a bit more expensive.... I do find some of your examples a bit odd, sometimes.

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 25 Feb 2008 22:50

http://images.art.com/images/products/l ... 111642.jpg.

The Reading board meet to discuss season ticket prices for next year's Championship campaign and vote to increase them on the grounds it will be a value-added 46 games.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 25 Feb 2008 23:40

Royalee They feel free to call Madejski names, say he's tight and mock his comments so I feel free to do theirs. I feel it's a level playing field and I've managed to lower myself down to the name-calling petty hypocrisy which embodies this site .

Lolly at being lectured by someone at Bournemouth Uni. If it wasn't for Dr H I couldn't be arsed to read the team board.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 26 Feb 2008 00:30

Oh, I can't believe I came back on here again. Time to button it, keyboard warriors. JM "pocketing tens of millions". Give me a frigging break! Why can't you people just shut the f*ck up!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Feb 2008 08:22

And,of course, the £Millions he has put in has nothing at all to do with self-promotion!

He get's criticised because in the opinions of many he talks the talk but fails to walk the walk.

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 26 Feb 2008 08:30

RoyalBlue He get's criticised because in the opinions of many he talks the talk but fails to walk the walk.

Exactly.

110 posts