LITA GONE OUT ON LOAN

407 posts
Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: LITA GONJE OUT ON LOAN

by Wycombe Royal » 05 Mar 2008 10:46

Rawlie19 And it's only for a month. Calm down people, the sky isn't really falling, it's just an acorn.

Yes it's only for 28 days. But in those 28 days we have FOUR Premiership matches. Four matches where we cannot get an injury to a striker. It's a very big risk.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 05 Mar 2008 10:47

I would have rather seen Shane go out on loan (he was woeful against Spurs in the cup) and kept but Leroy, but he still wouldn't be playing and I suspect this is more out of a desire to play football and be in the shop window.

And Fezza, calm down mate. Even without him we will survive. :wink:

Fezza

by Fezza » 05 Mar 2008 10:47

royaldownunder coppell, you absolute twat.

Pretty much cuts to the heart of the matter!

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 05 Mar 2008 10:49

Someone explain the logic to me please?

Anybody?

Noone?

Strange , I thought keeping your more in form players would help fight against relegation.

Obvisiouly not.

Fezza

by Fezza » 05 Mar 2008 10:50

Rawlie19 I would have rather seen Shane go out on loan (he was woeful against Spurs in the cup) and kept but Leroy, but he still wouldn't be playing and I suspect this is more out of a desire to play football and be in the shop window.

And Fezza, calm down mate. Even without him we will survive. :wink:

Yeah with our fine form (one win in TEN) and our strikers banging them in, we should have no problems. I'm LIVID. Team still has my support but I'm afraid I'm done with the management. The problem should have been fixed 3 months ago.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 05 Mar 2008 10:50

1871royals "shane long has already scored this season"

Sorry to be petty but it annoys me when people go on about SL scoring two goals. One of those was off his arse. They may have had similar amount of game time but Lita has played against a higher calibre of opposition. I think SL has a great future ahead of him. But at the mo he is a bit of a headless chicken. But does anyone one here honestly believe if given equal opportunities SL would outscore Lita until the end of this season? I would much rather SL was loaned out!!

yup

but i was replying to the statement "SL will never score this season"
so it was an important point to make

and its still 2 goals more than lita has scored, whether off his arse or otherwise

agree with general comments about the quality of his play, and the quality of opposition lita has played, mostly

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 05 Mar 2008 10:50

Gordons Cumming A load of tossers with short memories.

Considering what SC has done for this club why don't you trust him with these decisions?

He hasn't just got up in the morning and over his breakfast thought " I know how Lita can get some games. We'll loan him out to someone who needs him more. I tell Wally and Dills when I get to the training ground"
:roll:

3rd bottom in the table...Kitson has been rubbish since his court case. Doyle hasn't scored since Henry VIII was on the throne, Shane LOLong looks good in 10minute bursts but as yet hasn't consistently shown he can be effective in this league.

So we loan out someone with a proven goalscoring record with no chance of replacing him.

This is a truly baffling CLUELESS decision which doesn't help US in the slightest.

The next month is pretty crucial so saying 'it's just a month' is also laughable. Lita will play NO PART against Man City, Liverpool and more importantly Birmingham and Blackburn. This could seal Reading's fate for me.

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 05 Mar 2008 10:51

And now the OS are bigging up Kebe........................

Fezza

by Fezza » 05 Mar 2008 10:51

brendywendy
1871royals "shane long has already scored this season"

Sorry to be petty but it annoys me when people go on about SL scoring two goals. One of those was off his arse. They may have had similar amount of game time but Lita has played against a higher calibre of opposition. I think SL has a great future ahead of him. But at the mo he is a bit of a headless chicken. But does anyone one here honestly believe if given equal opportunities SL would outscore Lita until the end of this season? I would much rather SL was loaned out!!

yup

but i was replying to the statement "SL will never score this season"
so it was an important point to make

and its still 2 goals more than lita has scored, whether off his arse or otherwise

agree with general comments about the quality of his play, and the quality of opposition lita has played, mostly

One more goal!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 05 Mar 2008 10:53

This is a joke, just when you thought sanity was being reinstalled into the club and its decisions this goes and happens. He's more than likely to get goals then any of the other 3 strikers and he scored against chelski on monday!! Long out on loan would of been the more sane decision

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 05 Mar 2008 10:54

must have come from lita
otherwise we would have done it in the window....shirley
something has sparked coppell to phone pards and ask if he'll do him a favour
leroy must have even asked to go/refused to play or have been causing trouble within the squad
and if thats true surely its fair enough.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 05 Mar 2008 10:55

Not sure I agree with the decision, but if we are struggling for fit strikers, then we can always recall him from his loan period.

At present he is nowhere near the first team so the club will save a bit of money by sending him out on loan .Also, if he scores a few goals, it might boost his confidence for when/if he gets another go in our first team, or help rasie his transfer fee for when he is sold in the summer.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 05 Mar 2008 10:56

Big Ern Not sure I agree with the decision, but if we are struggling for fit strikers, then we can always recall him from his loan period.

At present he is nowhere near the first team so the club will save a bit of money by sending him out on loan .Also, if he scores a few goals, it might boost his confidence for when/if he gets another go in our first team, or help rasie his transfer fee for when he is sold in the summer.

Might bew rong here but i didn't think you can recall players from a one month loan?

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 05 Mar 2008 10:56

I am very disappointed.This leaves us incredibly exposed at a time when we need to score goals. Also it was only on the 23rd January that Coppell turned down a request from Bristol City for the loan of Leroy. At the time the Bristol Evening Post quoted Coppell as saying that Lita was an important part of the squad and was not available. That report was subsequently confirmed to me by Keith Millen the BCFC assistant manager when I got chatting to him at David Lloyd. KM also said that Leroy saw himself very much as a Prem player and was reluctant to step down even on loan. All this leaves me to conclude that something serious has happened to force the clubs hand. I have heard rumours that some BCFC fans forums are reporting there was a training ground bust up last week when Leroy was told he would be on the bench at Boro. He is said to have stormed out of the training ground and as a result did not travel to Boro. If that was all that happened I am disappointed that Coppell has not risen above it in the interests of the club. Given the fact that Leroy has been scoring regularly in the reserves it would have been easy for Coppell to bury the hatchet and play Leroy against Man City. I fear that SC has put his personal position ahead of the clubs.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 05 Mar 2008 10:57

Why the hell didn't we sell him for the £5m odd apparently on offer in January if we had no intention of playing him?

An extraordinary decision at this stage of the season.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 05 Mar 2008 10:57

Roll on Saturday when we are 2-0 down with ten mins to go......que crowd...

"duh, duh, duh, duh, Leroy Lita".

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 05 Mar 2008 10:58

Zammo Roll on Saturday when we are 2-0 down with ten mins to go......que crowd...

"duh, duh, duh, duh, Leroy Lita".

And they'd have every right to.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 05 Mar 2008 10:59

Gordons Cumming A load of tossers with short memories.

Considering what SC has done for this club why don't you trust him with these decisions?

He hasn't just got up in the morning and over his breakfast thought " I know how Lita can get some games. We'll loan him out to someone who needs him more. I tell Wally and Dills when I get to the training ground"

Have you been on Mars during this last season?!? The number of "strange decisions" made by Sir Steve this season borders on the manic. I reckon Sir Steve's decision making this season would give a final year Pyschology degree student a wonderful subject for a final year thesis.

Frankly bizarre behaviour in the transfer windows regarding his comments and then subsequent actions that actually contradicted his actions
The signing of Fae, Cisse, Kebe and to an extent Mateboy without replacing the holes in the side that were actually plainly obvious
Selling of Cox
Continued selecion of Oster
Now Lita

Sir Steve needs his break from football sooner than he thinks.

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 05 Mar 2008 11:01

Good move really. If Lita gets scoring in the Championship he'll be ready for the run in with Reading, and it'll do him more good than festering in the reserves scoring against school children. You can't exactly say the team will miss him when he hasn't been in it for God knows how long, and he'll be back soon enough.

I don't really know the rules about loans, but would there be a recall clause in case of serious injury to any of the other strikers? Considering Coppell and Pardew have a good relationship I don't think it's out of the question.

ROYAL POSTMAN

by ROYAL POSTMAN » 05 Mar 2008 11:02

You sure it isnt Coppell whos got malaria :P

407 posts