Today's Balding Guy Quotes

135 posts
BobKnows

Re: Today's Balding Guy Quotes

by BobKnows » 05 Mar 2008 13:10

Thou Voice
SpaceCruiser Who the f**k is this dickhead?

Another Hob Nob poster who cannot defend the balding guy with any reasoned arguement and just sinks to abuse.

Are you somebody else permenantly living in the past with no focus on the future who always wants to be second best?

I could defend the balding guy all day long, I just can't be arsed right now, because thou loud obnoxious voice has given me a headache.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 05 Mar 2008 13:14

Archie's penalty Middlesbrough 0 Reading 1

Oh yeah F*ck off Newbie!

You see, this is part of the problem.

We manage to scrape and it only was a scrape of a win on Saturday and people think we're saved. So much for the wholesale changes.

Fact is, we were playing a very poor Middlesborough side.

Tinrib I would suggest Coppell is beyond balding, and is closer to being bald.

I am sure there is still some hair there for the little chap.

79Royal
Thou Voice
SpaceCruiser Who the f**k is this dickhead?

Another Hob Nob poster who cannot defend the balding guy with any reasoned arguement and just sinks to abuse.

Are you somebody else permenantly living in the past with no focus on the future who always wants to be second best?

You know, if you were respectful enough to refer to Coppell by his name and not 'balding guy', then you might garner some respect.

Please explain to me how sacking Coppell last week would have kept us in the Premiership for next season?

Why be respectful to a bumbling fool that goes back on his word, shows no passion for the team and tries to see everything in a reasonable and logicial light!

I am not looking for respect, but am amazed how people constantly live in the past on this board and cannot manage saying very little to people with different thoughts to their own apart from swearing at them.

As to sacking him last week. He is not Premier Manager material this season. He is poor, relies on luck, fields a constantly under-performing team with loyalites shown to fools that are just losing us games.

The Lita situition is just a joke. That is clearly a personal grude.

The Murty situition is also laughable. He suddenly gets an injury? No he was finally dropped as he was no good.

How can any of you defend the balding guy with this years performance is beyond me???

This is the manager that has taken us on a record breaking run of defeats.

This is the manager that up until last week had us playing with a championship team.

Grow up, drop this insane hero worship and pray that we have changes.

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 05 Mar 2008 13:20

Thou Voice This is our record breaking manager that has just lead us on a record breaking string of eight defeats?

Spurs A
Pompey H (red card 2 mins in)
Villa A
Man U H
Chelski A
Bolton H
Everton A
Villa A

Barring Bolton @ home, not hard to see how that run has come about really is it?

Thou Voice - what a character :|

His name's Coppell by the way, you could learn plenty from the man himself, including decorum. Watch you don't get hit by a plane up there in the clouds.......

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 05 Mar 2008 13:37

Don Finch
Thou Voice This is our record breaking manager that has just lead us on a record breaking string of eight defeats?

Spurs A
Villa A
Man U H
Chelski A
Bolton H
Everton A
Villa A

Barring Bolton @ home, not hard to see how that run has come about really is it?

His name's Coppell by the way, you could learn plenty from the man himself, including decorum. Watch you don't get hit by a plane up there in the clouds.......

What?

I think you mean delusion rather then decorum...

...get a grip, we were lucky with Middlesborough and we are not going to make it.

I truely want to be proven wrong here - but it's not going to happen. SO it's not me who has their heads in the clouds Ron or whatever your name is.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 05 Mar 2008 13:39

Thou Voice Why be respectful to a bumbling fool that goes back on his word, shows no passion for the team and tries to see everything in a reasonable and logicial light!

I am not looking for respect, but am amazed how people constantly live in the past on this board and cannot manage saying very little to people with different thoughts to their own apart from swearing at them.

As to sacking him last week. He is not Premier Manager material this season. He is poor, relies on luck, fields a constantly under-performing team with loyalites shown to fools that are just losing us games.

Bumbling fool and Coppell cannot be used in the same sentence. He is incredibly eloquent and intelligent. Find me a more eloquent manager in the prem.

And to your second comment - what if he is premiership manager material next year? If we sack him we'll never know...

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 05 Mar 2008 13:41

Thou Voice ...for any people that enjoy stats, how many other Premiership teams have actually gone eight on the bounce in a row and kept their manager?

Wigan last year. Jewell kept them up. HTH

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 05 Mar 2008 13:44

These attacks on Coppell are ignorant and a complete disgrace.

Typical bloody football fans!!!

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 05 Mar 2008 13:46

So Thou voice, your solution would be to sack SC? Do you really expect that to make a difference, in a good way?
Do you actually know everything that goes on behind the scenes at the club and so can say for certainty that we could have got some real quality players in to improve the squad? Do you know what the wage limit is? Do you even know who we've tried to sign but failed?
No?
Well you don't have half the picture then do you.

*throws Thou Voice a biscuit*

fool

by fool » 05 Mar 2008 13:49

Thou Voice ...for any people that enjoy stats, how many other Premiership teams have actually gone eight on the bounce in a row and kept their manager?

Success is based on the strong foundations of consistency. Look around at the elite teams around the world will tell you this.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 05 Mar 2008 13:53

Coppell = Best Manager in RFC history
Coppell = Well respected manager by both players and fellow managers
Coppell = Vast managerial experience throughout the leagues
Coppell = A man who may have finally got something wrong and should be given a chance to put it right

Thou voice = Pratt

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 05 Mar 2008 13:55

londinium Coppell = Best Manager in RFC history
Coppell = A man who may have finally got something wrong and HAS been given a chance to put it right

Thou voice = Pratt

Whilst Thou Voice has gone a bit extreme with the posts, questioning Coppell's performance this season is certainly worth debate.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 05 Mar 2008 14:02

Don Finch

Spurs A
Villa A
Man U H
Chelski A
Bolton H
Everton A
Villa A

For me it's been more about the manner of those defeats than the actual results. At the same time though, these are the games we have to play, we have to pick up some points against side that we look at and think are tough fixtures otherwise we won't last in this league.

I didn't realise we'd played twice at Villa Park either :wink:

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 05 Mar 2008 14:03

londinium Coppell = Best Manager in RFC history
Coppell = A man who may have finally got something wrong and should be given a chance to put it right

Up until the start of this season you were right on all your points apart from the fourth one as it was not relevant.

Now point one is mute as it's historic.

Point two is only relevant for the people that suck up to him. Ask Lita.

Point three, should say Vast Managerial Experience throughout the lower leagues.

Point four, yes he had the January transfer window to do this if not plenty of time in the summer.

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 05 Mar 2008 14:04

Alan Partridge Whilst Thou Voice has gone a bit extreme with the posts, questioning Coppell's performance this season is certainly worth debate.

Agreed, there are other ways of going about it + he/she spouted quite a lot of sh1t in amongst it all.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 05 Mar 2008 14:12

I assume you would have sacked Coppell (see, that's how you spell it) before the Boro game. Who would you have replaced hime with? Would that person have got the best out of the players at his disposal? Next season, stay up or go down, whoever is in charge will need to rebuild the team. Coppell (spelling) knows the players he has, and has recent RFC experience in building teams. Better him than (e.g.) Allardyce who would overspend money on ageing 'superstars' and would turn our footballing team into a bunch of out-and-out thugs or Souness, who would just overspend. Our best chance next season is to stick with the manager we've got. We are now in the position everyone expected us to be in last season. My view is that we will stay up, but time will tell.

Why use terms like 'the balding guy' or 'thelittle chap'. If I wanted to insult you I might call you a stupid person, and I would use thy name, Thou Voice. I wouldn't add silly little comments, for example I wouldn't call you a stupid bald person, or a stupid black person, or a stupid short person, or a stupid fat person (now I don't know if you're any of those, but it wouldn't make any difference, if I wanted to say you were stupid I would just say that). I wouldn't insult you though, because nearly every post on this thread has done itbetter than I could.

You remind me of two people that used to write on this board, and who made the same sort of posts that you do. Are you related to SDR or Bracknell RFC, by any chance?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 05 Mar 2008 14:32

Hampshire Royal I assume you would have sacked Coppell (see, that's how you spell it) before the Boro game. Who would you have replaced hime with? Would that person have got the best out of the players at his disposal? Next season, stay up or go down, whoever is in charge will need to rebuild the team. Coppell (spelling) knows the players he has, and has recent RFC experience in building teams. Better him than (e.g.) Allardyce who would overspend money on ageing 'superstars' and would turn our footballing team into a bunch of out-and-out thugs or Souness, who would just overspend. Our best chance next season is to stick with the manager we've got. We are now in the position everyone expected us to be in last season. My view is that we will stay up, but time will tell.

Why use terms like 'the balding guy' or 'thelittle chap'. If I wanted to insult you I might call you a stupid person, and I would use thy name, Thou Voice. I wouldn't add silly little comments, for example I wouldn't call you a stupid bald person, or a stupid black person, or a stupid short person, or a stupid fat person (now I don't know if you're any of those, but it wouldn't make any difference, if I wanted to say you were stupid I would just say that). I wouldn't insult you though, because nearly every post on this thread has done itbetter than I could.

You remind me of two people that used to write on this board, and who made the same sort of posts that you do. Are you related to SDR or Bracknell RFC, by any chance?

I think it is pretty difficult not to be offended by Thouvoice's comments even if you are a rabid STG.

Please have some respect for Coppell. At least call him by his name. If you don't you are being incredibly disrespectful to someone who is putting his heart and soul into the club.

Constructive criticism of the ilk of Alan Partridge, SKDD or Ideal is fine even if I don't agree with it.

Do as you would be done by ThouVoice.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 05 Mar 2008 14:44

brendywendy
Thou Voice
brendywendy are you still spouting off you mad loon?

feck off newbie

Give a factual arguement on why I am wrong?

Do you feel that sending Lita away when our current strikers cannot score goals is actually a good move then?

Do you want to play in the Championship?

no
no
no

we dont know what has happened
if coppell didnt want him he would have gone earlier IMO
something has happened to force this through
until we know whats gone on, it a bit harsh to judge coppell
in my opinion i thought lita should be starting vs man city, but if hes been mouthing off, refusing to play, demanding a loan then coppell will have had no choice-especially if hes already made his mind up about lita no really featuring in the run in
this may not have happened, and if its just becuase coppell has gone mad, ill happily question what the feck is going on with the rest of you

Very true. As I have said elsewhere SC turned down a loan request on 23rd Jan so something has happened to change SC's mind since then. Without knowing what that is its impossible to judge whether SC is right or not.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 05 Mar 2008 16:53

Thou Voice
Don Finch

Spurs A
Villa A
Man U H
Chelski A
Bolton H
Everton A
Villa A

What?

I think you mean delusion rather then decorum...

...get a grip, we were lucky with Middlesborough and we are not going to make it.

I truely want to be proven wrong here - but it's not going to happen. SO it's not me who has their heads in the clouds Ron or whatever your name is.

fcuking hell, I hope you realise HNA is for Reading fans - stay positive if you are one of us and don't keep writing shite

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 05 Mar 2008 17:13

rfcjoe fcuking hell, I hope you realise HNA is for Reading fans - stay positive if you are one of us and don't keep writing shite

rfcjoe, I am well aware of what this board is all about and I am afraid that although people don't like what I write, it's true but people wander around here with the blue and white sunglasses and probably believe that if it wasn't for the balding guy pushing the sun up every day, we'd be in permanent darkness.

I ask, how can we be positive based on what we've seen so far?

A rare positive from this season was the FANTASTIC game against Man U on the opening day of the season. Even down to ten men, we had our crap in order and could defend. Although not on this board, we talk a lot about football in my circles and I was saying how shoddy our defence was towards the latter 3rd of the season before. I truly believed that we'd overcome the problems from the twilight end of last season. It seemed not as history will tell.

The transfer window was a little disappointing, the way Lita is treated is just awful. The way Doyle is allowed to continue to play although he has gone the whole campaign without scoring a single goal from his feet which is amazes me he is still on the team.

Murty has been a good workhorse for the club, but he is passed it and needs to step aside for young fresh blood. What are we trying to do here, keep people shelved until they are too old to do us any good?

USA, all he was concerned about this year was getting passed 20 appearances to get his contract renewed. Let's give Adam a try, he can certainly do no worse.

The whole team needs a shake up.

Long timers on this board need to forget the past and look to the future. Otherwise the past is exactly what you deserve and you'll end up back in the championship and I doubt will ever return to the Premiership. I want to stay in the Premiership, but I want wholesale changes to the crap that myself (and others) as paying fans are expected to put up with, week in, week out.

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 05 Mar 2008 17:18

Thou Voice
rfcjoe fcuking hell, I hope you realise HNA is for Reading fans - stay positive if you are one of us and don't keep writing shite

rfcjoe, I am well aware of what this board is all about and I am afraid that although people don't like what I write, it's true but people wander around here with the blue and white sunglasses and probably believe that if it wasn't for the balding guy pushing the sun up every day, we'd be in permanent darkness.

I ask, how can we be positive based on what we've seen so far?

A rare positive from this season was the FANTASTIC game against Man U on the opening day of the season. Even down to ten men, we had our crap in order and could defend. Although not on this board, we talk a lot about football in my circles and I was saying how shoddy our defence was towards the latter 3rd of the season before. I truly believed that we'd overcome the problems from the twilight end of last season. It seemed not as history will tell.

The transfer window was a little disappointing, the way Lita is treated is just awful. The way Doyle is allowed to continue to play although he has gone the whole campaign without scoring a single goal from his feet which is amazes me he is still on the team.

Murty has been a good workhorse for the club, but he is passed it and needs to step aside for young fresh blood. What are we trying to do here, keep people shelved until they are too old to do us any good?

USA, all he was concerned about this year was getting passed 20 appearances to get his contract renewed. Let's give Adam a try, he can certainly do no worse.

The whole team needs a shake up.

Long timers on this board need to forget the past and look to the future. Otherwise the past is exactly what you deserve and you'll end up back in the championship and I doubt will ever return to the Premiership. I want to stay in the Premiership, but I want wholesale changes to the crap that myself (and others) as paying fans are expected to put up with, week in, week out.

I quite honestly can't believe you're still spouting this crap four pages on. You don't need to be stuck in the past to disagree with your ridiculous fishing. What future exactly are you looking for? To become a billion dollar bunch of jerks like Chelsea? I take my team (small, over-reaching, occasionally crap) as they come, rough with the smooth. I honestly would have it no other way. And I can honestly say I would be happy with SC relegated or not. The man is intelligent, funny and streets above most of the other managers on offer.

(Apologies for the amount of "honestly" in this post :oops: )

135 posts