Man City Team and Score Prediction's Thread

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Man City Team and Score Predication Thread

by Archie's penalty » 06 Mar 2008 14:50

Vision
Archie's penalty
CMRoyal I don't want to see Kebe start, I don't think he's ready yet. I can just imagine the disappointment and dent in his confidence if his fleeting moments so far prove to have - as I suspect - flattered him somewhat. Even Marek, an international with a sure touch, understated intelligence and air of calmness about him, is taking time to settle. How can we expect a stick-thin ex-French-2nd Division player with barely any English to do so any more quickly?

I'd much rather Bobby Convey return on the left, Hunt go on the right, and Kebe be brought on for the final 20-25 minutes (depending on the score, natch).

I agree with that. Only problem is Hunty ain't the best of crossers with his left foot (Boro apart). What's he going to be like with his right?

Hopefully Rosenior's younger legs would provide more overlapping opportunities in this case.

We can only hope. It would be nice for Bobby to pull a performance out of the bag if he plays vs. Citeh. We all know he's a good player he needs to show it!

melksham_royal

by melksham_royal » 06 Mar 2008 14:53

It will be the same team as Boro and same result too!

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 06 Mar 2008 14:56

I actually quite like that idea. If Convey hugs the touchline on the left then Hunty can narrow up the midfield when we don't have the ball to help out Harps & Matey. Petrov is suspended so thats City's major threat on the left hand side out so hopefully we can snuff out their attempts to pass through the middle of us.

Of course going forward there's a big onus on Rosenior providing the width that Murty's been unable to .

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 06 Mar 2008 15:12

Vision I actually quite like that idea. If Convey hugs the touchline on the left then Hunty can narrow up the midfield when we don't have the ball to help out Harps & Matey. Petrov is suspended so thats City's major threat on the left hand side out so hopefully we can snuff out their attempts to pass through the middle of us.

Of course going forward there's a big onus on Rosenior providing the width that Murty's been unable to .

That formation certainly worked defensively at Citeh where we deserved a draw (even with Petrov marauding on the left). The big difference between November and then is the addition of Matejovsky who gives us more penetration through the middle (as opposed to Gunnarsson). With the defence looking more solid against Boro and with good performances from Rosenior and Convey that formation looks pretty solid.

I do hope it's Kitson and Doyle on sat...

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 06 Mar 2008 15:15

Come on, somebody put the case against playing Convey and Hunt on the flanks - we've nearly reached consensus here, and that just don't seem natural for this forum :!:

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 06 Mar 2008 15:18

Archie's penalty
Vision I actually quite like that idea. If Convey hugs the touchline on the left then Hunty can narrow up the midfield when we don't have the ball to help out Harps & Matey. Petrov is suspended so thats City's major threat on the left hand side out so hopefully we can snuff out their attempts to pass through the middle of us.

That formation certainly worked defensively at Citeh where we deserved a draw (even with Petrov marauding on the left). The big difference between November and then is the addition of Matejovsky who gives us more penetration through the middle (as opposed to Gunnarsson). With the defence looking more solid against Boro and with good performances from Rosenior and Convey that formation looks pretty solid.

For me barring serious circumstances it will always be Kitson + 1 other.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 06 Mar 2008 15:25

Vision
Archie's penalty

For me barring serious circumstances it will always be Kitson + 1 other.

You know it might be interesting to see Kitson and Long start a match together. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that has ever happened? Kitson could hold it up and play it through to the enthusiastic puppy dog that is Long bursting through the middle. It's just a thought...

Slacky

by Slacky » 06 Mar 2008 15:32

Hello All, first ever post so best make it a positive one. I think we'll beat City 2-1. Can't see us keeping a clean sheet though which is a worry...

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 06 Mar 2008 15:32

Slacky Hello All, first ever post

Fcuk off newbie :wink:

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 06 Mar 2008 15:47

Royals 2-0, with another 2 goals scored by Lita sitting in Y19, but disallowed and before he is forcibly ejected from the ground.

Would like to see an unchanged defence, Convey to start and Hunt on the right with Kebe on later.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 06 Mar 2008 16:05

Hahnemann
Rosenior Bikey Ingimarsson Shorey
Oster Matejovsky Harper Hunt
Kitson Doyle

Reading 1-1 Man City

RG1 Export

by RG1 Export » 06 Mar 2008 16:20

Would like to see us win it. We can and now is probably the best time to play City in terms of their squad and with our confidence up as well... Fingers crossed.

Can't imagine many changes. Hopefully Oster's gone. Not sure if Kebe is ready to start, maybe a mid second half sub. Would definitely prefer to see Long on the bench as well.

Hahnemann
Rosenior - Ingimarrson - Bikey - Shorey
Hunt - Matejovsky - Harper - Convey
Doyle - Kitson

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 06 Mar 2008 16:28

Usa
Rosenier Bikey Ivar Shorey
Kebe Harper Marek Hunt
Kitson Doyle

Fed, Sonko, Cisse, Oster, Long

Reading 2 - 0 Man City
Hunt, Kitson

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 06 Mar 2008 16:46

melksham_royal It will be the same team as Boro and same result too!

What, away win?

largetrousers
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by largetrousers » 06 Mar 2008 16:53

Its going to be a thumping, 3-0, maybe 3-1 to us. All other teams down our half will have stinkers over the next week too.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 06 Mar 2008 16:55

0-2 City

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Mar 2008 18:24

I'm going to be slightly controversial, I'd play:

USA
Rosenior, Ivar, Bikey, Shorey
DLC, Harper, Hunt, Convey
Kitson, Doyle

Fed, Kebe, Oster, Marek, Long

Obviously it'll be exactly the same team as Boro except Kitson on for Long.

1-1 final result. Which wouldn't be that bad really....

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 06 Mar 2008 18:37

4-2 Reading (Kits 3 Hunty)

<---Sven

double d

by double d » 06 Mar 2008 19:01

I reckon 2-1 to us Doyle and Matejovski with a great voLOLey from the edge of the box in the last minute

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 06 Mar 2008 19:03

I think we can really win this game.
Man City aren't as good as they were at the start of the season and last weekends performance vs Wigan at home was not too good.

Reading 2-1 Man City
(Kitson,Doyle) (Johnson)