Shane Long......

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Shane Long......

by brendywendy » 16 Mar 2008 18:04

Schards#2
brendywendy bikey was marking torres
torres lead him round the box before the ball came in, walked him into a crowd of players, then darted round so bikey couldnt follow, ivar saw the danger and went to follow, bikey got out of the culdesac and followed too but the pinpoint ball and torres were too quick for both, want bad defending, just great movement and intelligence

Agreed, sometimes you have to accept you were outfoxed by two vastly superior players , in this case Gerrard & Torres.

yup, just too good, thats what you get for over 20million quid nowadays,

anyway, shane long was shortchanged by the homers in charge all game, got fouled all day, and got given against anytime he touched them, i would have had a fit too
but that shirt didnt look good in the puddle there,

anyway, dropped for the next game, kitson back in, no harm done

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 16 Mar 2008 18:25

Throwing your shirt at a proud scouser at Anfield ain't the brightest idea he's ever had.

People would be calling for blood if it had been Leroy.

It's forgiveable but you expect better and would have hoped he'd have been a bit smarter.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 16 Mar 2008 19:41

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe It's forgiveable

Yea it is. I think shane Long is one player who you could genuinely believe would have learned his lesson. Stupid mistake and his immaturity showed. Edit: so too did his passion.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 16 Mar 2008 19:44

bobby1413
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe It's forgiveable

Yea it is. I think shane Long is one player who you could genuinely believe would have learned his lesson. Stupid mistake and his immaturity showed. Edit: so too did his passion.

Spot on really.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 16 Mar 2008 19:49

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Throwing your shirt at a proud scouser at Anfield ain't the brightest idea he's ever had.

People would be calling for blood if it had been Leroy.

It's forgiveable but you expect better and would have hoped he'd have been a bit smarter.

Lita has thrown his shirt on the ground before.

I really want Lita to come back to what I know he can do.

On the pitch.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 16 Mar 2008 19:50

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Throwing your shirt at a proud scouser at Anfield ain't the brightest idea he's ever had.

People would be calling for blood if it had been Leroy..
the important point is that he didn't throw it at Coppell. It wasn't a how dare you take me off strop.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 16 Mar 2008 19:57

People would be calling for blood if it had been Leroy..
the important point is that he didn't throw it at Coppell. It wasn't a how dare you take me off strop.

Unlike Robbie Keane.

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 16 Mar 2008 20:24

readingbedding We may well be staring relegation in the face, but we're smiling because we're going to be a'ok...

Something did happen on the pitch, because Harper immediatley turned to the bench and gave the sign to sub him, which they did.
Long proceeded to walk slowly to the bench, gave the fans a clap, shook his head then chucked his top away.
Coppell then dived in quickly to where he sat to give him a few choice words about that action.

Oh yeah, all managers would die of a massive heart attack if they performed emotional remonstrations every time a mistake happened.
Players know when they have phucked up, what's the point of a Manager (who apart from me should be the coolest person in the whole ground) ranting and raving kicking water bottles and Physio bags around just so some fans can get a big old boner about it thinking to themselves...'Blimey, Coppell does care...'

Well he does care, he wouldn't be there if he didn't.

Well said. If another non-Reading supporting friend tells me that they don't like Coppell or think worse of him because he has 'no passion' I'm going to show some passion and nut them :evil:

Obviously I won't actually

Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 16 Mar 2008 21:01

earleyroyal
readingbedding We may well be staring relegation in the face, but we're smiling because we're going to be a'ok...

Something did happen on the pitch, because Harper immediatley turned to the bench and gave the sign to sub him, which they did.
Long proceeded to walk slowly to the bench, gave the fans a clap, shook his head then chucked his top away.
Coppell then dived in quickly to where he sat to give him a few choice words about that action.

Oh yeah, all managers would die of a massive heart attack if they performed emotional remonstrations every time a mistake happened.
Players know when they have phucked up, what's the point of a Manager (who apart from me should be the coolest person in the whole ground) ranting and raving kicking water bottles and Physio bags around just so some fans can get a big old boner about it thinking to themselves...'Blimey, Coppell does care...'

Well he does care, he wouldn't be there if he didn't.

Well said. If another non-Reading supporting friend tells me that they don't like Coppell or think worse of him because he has 'no passion' I'm going to show some passion and nut them :evil:

Obviously I won't actually

the funny thing is they probably also criticise the likes of Warnock and Stuart Pearce for doing nothing but rant and rave on the touchline.

1871royals

by 1871royals » 17 Mar 2008 10:11

Lita gets into an argument in a nightclub he is a disgrace to the club, the devil, (insert any other insults which have been aimed at Leroy recently)

SL has one game were a few decisions go against him and he disrespects the club by throwing his shirt to the ground. Also SL is very clumsy and he does always give away needless fouls against opposition defenders. IMO SL almost asks refs to give free kicks against him.

As previously said if Leroy did this everyone on here would be going crazy. The double standards on here are absolutely ridiculous.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Mar 2008 10:13

leroy has done it before,
didnt seem to change the general attitude towards him

Gregster

by Gregster » 17 Mar 2008 12:23

Throwing his shirt on the floor is poor form.

Missing the pass to Oster (and by such a margin, it went for a goal kick) for an almost certain 2 - 0 lead within 15 mins is even more unforgivable.

You can moan about having bias refs but nothing will influence a game more than poor performances Shane.

Dave Kitson > Shane Long

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 17 Mar 2008 12:29

LOL @ people getting upset because he threw "the colours" on the floor. It's a shirt FFS!

Should I take a cricket bat to the missus next time she tosses my shirt down in front of the washing machine?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 17 Mar 2008 12:31

That Friday Feeling LOL @ people getting upset because he threw "the colours" on the floor. It's a shirt FFS!

Should I take a cricket bat to the missus next time she tosses my shirt down in front of the washing machine?

Only if it was a cricket shirt. The punishment should always fit the crime.

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 17 Mar 2008 12:45

Long dropped for Kitson this coming Saturday.

Mark my wordsssssssssssss.

1871royals

by 1871royals » 17 Mar 2008 12:49

It obviously does mean something as it was noted in the media and SC had a word with him about it. IMO throwing your shirt on the floor is not a big deal (but does signify a disrespect to the club.) People on here have moaned that Leroy is disrespectable to the club by the way he “struts” around the pitch, but SL can throw his shirt on floor and it doesn’t matter because hes an inexperienced kid. I never remember LL throwing his shirt on the floor (he doesn’t even get an opportunity to, because he never plays :wink: )

NWL Royal

by NWL Royal » 17 Mar 2008 13:05

Remember Hosam Ghaly got vilified by Tottenham fans after he threw the spurs shirt on the floor. Maybe it is disrespectful, or maybe in differing religions there's different beliefs..? :roll:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 17 Mar 2008 13:14

1871royals It obviously does mean something as it was noted in the media and SC had a word with him about it. IMO throwing your shirt on the floor is not a big deal (but does signify a disrespect to the club.) People on here have moaned that Leroy is disrespectable to the club by the way he “struts” around the pitch, but SL can throw his shirt on floor and it doesn’t matter because hes an inexperienced kid. I never remember LL throwing his shirt on the floor (he doesn’t even get an opportunity to, because he never plays :wink: )

He did when he scored against Palace.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Mar 2008 13:52

1871royals It obviously does mean something as it was noted in the media and SC had a word with him about it. IMO throwing your shirt on the floor is not a big deal (but does signify a disrespect to the club.) People on here have moaned that Leroy is disrespectable to the club by the way he “struts” around the pitch, but SL can throw his shirt on floor and it doesn’t matter because hes an inexperienced kid. I never remember LL throwing his shirt on the floor (he doesn’t even get an opportunity to, because he never plays :wink: )

yeah you are right actually id forgotten
he stormed down the tunnel after being subbed refusing to shake the managers hand

the same petulance displayed by long, but with added disrespect to the manager
at the time it was dismissed as "just a little frustration" and i believe most on here said fair enough
apart from the leroy haters who were obviously baying for blood

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 17 Mar 2008 19:14

Drew_3 silly thing to do, but he ment no harm by it.

Shane Long acted angrily to his substitution against Liverpool this Saturday :oops: . He should have not thrown his shirt on the floor and then sulked like William Gallas :cry: that is simply letting the team down. If Shane wants to have a sulk he and there then he should really seek advice from Super Nanny :mrgreen: . He has been given the chance to play against Liverpool and should relish it, not get grumpy just because decisions weren't going his way :shock: