Who will go down?

289 posts

Who do you think will occupy the final relegation place with Derby and Fulham?

Middlesbrough
1%
Wigan
2%
Reading
9%
Newcastle
14%
Sunderland
12%
Birmingham
7%
Bolton
54%

Total votes: 358
Royal We
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Who will go down?

by Royal We » 22 Mar 2008 19:08

Wycombe Royal Even the most biased Sunderland fan won't predict an away victory for them.

Why is that then? :wink:

Cookie

by Cookie » 22 Mar 2008 20:44

Who will go down? I don't know, but it won't be the Royals.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Mar 2008 21:14

Cookie Who will go down? I don't know, but it won't be the Royals.

Derby, Fulham and Bolton. The latter really should have kept hold of Anelka until the summer(he signed a new contract for them only last autumn so they had no need to sell him). They cannot score for love or money now and are going down down down and deeper on down.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 22 Mar 2008 22:17

Today for Bolton was almost certainly a must win game as they have very tough fixtures ahead and Fulham needed at least a point which they did not get - so it looks very likely that the current bottom three will go down.

Birmingham are still in danger but seem to have enough about them to survive.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 22 Mar 2008 22:20

andrew1957 Today for Bolton was almost certainly a must win game as they have very tough fixtures ahead and Fulham needed at least a point which they did not get - so it looks very likely that the current bottom three will go down.

Birmingham are still in danger but seem to have enough about them to survive.

Us RTG's seem to be on the right side for the moment. Let's keep it constant just like Coppell though...

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 22 Mar 2008 22:21

Bolton, Fulham and Derby.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 22 Mar 2008 22:38

Coppelled Streets Bolton, Fulham and Derby.

'greed

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 22 Mar 2008 23:15

rg6royal
Coppelled Streets Bolton, Fulham and Derby.

'greed

yep most likely now

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Mar 2008 00:30

I'd love Sunderland to go down, a town full of delusional halfwits with an inferiority complex who deserve misery upon misery heaped upon their sorry arses. Fickle, whining tossbags. I've known a few Makems in my time and they've all been complete and utter twats.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 23 Mar 2008 01:20

From Despair To Where? I'd love Sunderland to go down, a town full of delusional halfwits with an inferiority complex who deserve misery upon misery heaped upon their sorry arses. Fickle, whining tossbags. I've known a few Makems in my time and they've all been complete and utter twats.

Bit harsh don't you reckon?

Cookie

by Cookie » 23 Mar 2008 01:42

From Despair To Where? I'd love Sunderland to go down, a town full of delusional halfwits with an inferiority complex who deserve misery upon misery heaped upon their sorry arses. Fickle, whining tossbags. I've known a few Makems in my time and they've all been complete and utter twats.

It's only a game mate.

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 23 Mar 2008 08:34

If ever a bunch of fans claimed divine rights to Prem status, it's the Makems. Just reading the vitriolic posts on various forums after their defeat at the Madstad or recalling the Hunt 'transfer' saga has me rushing to agree with the above sentiments.

Sunderland is a pretty dire place and FDTW? sums things up pretty accurately IMO.

As I lived briefly in Newcastle and have a lot of time for the average Geordie, it seems strange that a few miles can produce such a change in attitude and outlook. It would be good to see SAFC back where they belong, but as Bolton seem to have the self destruct pedal pushed to the floor, sadly, I don't think it will happen.

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 23 Mar 2008 09:05

Still have Derby, Fulham and Bolton, the latter only achieveing an unprecedented 28 points for third bottom place. 5 Live yesterday had some Bolton fans saying that they believe that even the club management seem the think that relegation is inevitable. When some complain abou the quality of players that little old Reading couldn't attract in the window, how did the 'big' Bolton fare in replacing Anelka.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 23 Mar 2008 10:07

Nooooo

I loved Sunderland fans. You can have a conversation with them becuase they have none of the arrogance of Newcastle fans, yet all the passion and love of the game. They have always been prepared to accept Reading as worthwhile opponents becuase don't tend to claim they are a big club with a divine right to Premiership status.

Sure they have moaned their arses off this season, but haven't they had a few tough decisions?

I chose them for my relegation choice.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 23 Mar 2008 10:08

Handsome Man They have always been prepared to accept Reading as worthwhile opponents becuase don't tend to claim they are a big club with a divine right to Premiership status.

You've never read SMB then.

Beelzebub

by Beelzebub » 23 Mar 2008 10:15

An outsider looking in would probably find our board a bit odd!

I found the Sunderland lot OK when we went up there to see the mighty Royals many years ago. They made us very welcome, and since then I've always had a lot of time for them.

However, can't stand the current Sunderland manager, and would love to see them go down!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Mar 2008 10:22

I've met a few Southern based Makems and they've been nice blokes with none of the characteristics you describe. (Maybe it's the southern air - and money...)

Sydneyroyal

by Sydneyroyal » 23 Mar 2008 10:26

Beelzebub

An outsider looking in would probably find our board a bit odd!

I found the Sunderland lot OK when we went up there to see the mighty Royals many years ago. They made us very welcome, and since then I've always had a lot of time for them.

However, can't stand the current Sunderland manager, and would love to see them go down!

Has anyone noticed how the Sunderland manager looks the spitting image of Iran's President - Where'smydinnerjacket - or whatever his name is.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Mar 2008 10:36

Cookie

It's only a game mate.

My opinion has nothing to do with football and everything to do with the Makems I've had the misfortune to know throughout my life. I missed out self pitying in their list of character faults. They rival the the other self proclaimed passionate West ham fans in the fickle oxf*rd, walk out after 20 minutes because it's not going our way stakes

Also interesting to note that in my many trips up and down the M1 in support of Reading, Sunderland fans are unquestionably the most arrogant that I meet.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 23 Mar 2008 10:46, edited 1 time in total.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 23 Mar 2008 10:45

The Villa V Sunderland result demonstrates why it is so difficult to predict relegation battles. It has a lot to do with the state of mind of the opposition, many of whom have little to play for.

This time of year always throws up results like that so it's dangerous to assume that sides averaging less than a point a game will continue to do so even if they appear to have a difficult run in. Fulham are one more shock result away from being back in the mix. IF they could beat Reading and also win, as expected, against Derby away and Sunderland at home, they would have a real chance.

In many ways, Fulham look more likely to catch us than Bolton as, on paper, it's hard to see Bolton scoring more than another 6 or 7, however, games aren't played on paper and I suspect whoever 18th and 19th are, they won't go down with a wimper and we will still need a further 6 or more points.

289 posts